LEGANES vs REAL MADRID | La Liga Jornada 32 | 15.04.2019 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Apr 15, 2019.

1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was evident we needed changes, but unlike Solari and Lope, Zizou will have that power. Now whether he uses it to do what many of us want with players like Bale/Marcelo/Isco and others remains to be seen. But we know in order for him to come back he had to have some assurances from Flo that certain changes could/would be made. We as fans and posters are just guessing as to what changes he desires. We really don't know unless he speaks on it. I sure as shit am not gonna flip out over anything AS or Marca are reporting on.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Wait so Pogba wouldn't have changed this match, but Kovacic would have? Dybala?

Ahahah

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  3. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Leganes 2-1 Barcelona

Leganes 1-1 Weakest Real Madrid

4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well he does need to get some of them out of their malaise for next season, seeing as most of the squad have been fairly ordinary this season,
    we certainly cannot change them all, we can refresh the team but some of these same players will still be here next season for sure and we can only hope between ZZ and themselves that they can once again raise their level, the “club” cannot do that

5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is true and we have to assume those he does keep are players he feels can step it up. I really don't think Zidane is gonna keep anyone for nostalgia purposes alone.

One thing that will be different next year is that the Euros will follow the season. Many of these players so lackluster right now, Isco/Asensio/Nacho/Carvajal, and other trying to find their way into their NT squads will have some extra motivation to put up a strong season. We'll see if that helps our guys that do end up staying.

Digital repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A lot of the players brought up are comically average.

7. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Read again.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't have to. Kovacic wouldn't have done shit for us and neither would Dybala.

9. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    These are not meaningless matches. These matches are deciding the future of the squad and it's clear that ZZ is all about keeping the status quo.

Repeat: He is playing those exact same players who have been awful all season and rewarding them and simultaneously throwing under the bus those players that have shown some hunger effort and skill (reguillon, llorente).

He is not playing players based on merit but based on status. Yeah quite a few fans are pissed off. If it was Solari you'd be killing him.

10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Those exact players are still in the position to brings us tons of cash in the summer. Shelving them for last 10 games would not be sound from financial stand point.

But. There is a substantialchance Zidane keeps some players, which should be let go in the summer. Primarily Kroos and Marcelo. Bad decision if it will be made.

11. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Well he's shelving Bale and he's definitely leaving. That could affect his price.

He's not doing it for that reason, hes continually said in the last few weeks how he feels about Marcelo and Isco, they are his boys. They will play always. Irrespective of form.

I think everyone realises this team needs big changes, these last two league seasons are the worst points tally in decades. The league rewards regularity and best performing teams. We are the third best team in Spain.

Now someone will mention the 3 CL trophies and herein you find why this team is regressing and not evolving.

12. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I really hope he is actually putting both Isco & Marcelo on the shopping window to try and raise their value.

Anon. repped this.
  13. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    lol, the FK part is the worse one, even my self was convicted kroos and co. would be better at them, and i dont even remember a goal scored from FK this year

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  14. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    It seems you have everything figured out already in april. It seems we are doomed.

Saint Iker, Shay Z, YOUNGSTARS87 and 2 others repped this.
  15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #215 MiamiNative0722, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    There are levels to how ridiculous this is. Ill keep it short and uproot your premises in 2 points.

1) Neither you nor I know what the team will be next year.

2) if he is all about the status quo, why did he leave last summer?

Therefore i will repeat: you are making absurd projections about the entire roster next season solely on the fact that Marcelo has been getting starts and not Reguilon. If you are this upset over that one choice, a choice that may not mean anything in the long run, then i feel sorry for your blood pressure.

Again just to show how you are making projections into next season without sufficient evidence, you make claims to 3 players. 1) Bale is getting shelved 2) isco and Marcelo starting no matter what.

Then why did Bale start last week against Eibar? Why was Isco on the bench against Valencia? I suppose these facts don't fit your conspiracy theories.

Shay Z, YOUNGSTARS87 and Drouchk repped this.
  16. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    ZZ would be digging his own grave if he does it ..team need two year to reinvest and do complete change over so expect ZZ would only be interim before we go and sign another permanent coach

17. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1. No player in this current team (beside Benzema) can raise his value from the remaining games. The team is just aweful. You out Messi on this team and his price will drop.
    2. Plans for next summer have already been layed out. Nothing in these games will impact it. The list of players that zidane wants to buy or sell is already known to Management.
    3. While I agree that it takes 2+ years to build a squad, this time table is not know to Perez. He wants results next year. All the actions that are being taken are aimed at that.

18. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Zidane came back with 11 games to go. Of course the latter will impact certain decisions and financial aspect.

19. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Both teams were bad though. It wasn't one sided, that was a totally crap football fest.

I don't know how any Real Madrid fans could have watched that and thought this is all normal.

I think multiple factors converged at exactly the same time but I will try and give the gist of it.

As for the "status quo" argument, I think that is part of it. He didn't want to be the one to tell Marcelo, Keylor, Isco, etc., that they were no longer counted on which was compounded by the fact that an exodus of disgruntled players left the team without the depth to compete for multiple trophies or even la liga as a sole priority.

Then Ronaldo announced he was leaving and Zidane wanted to be the first one out.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Everybody does.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Exactly

22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Quick question: What site do you guys use for streams now? A reliable site.

23. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I stick to reddit but the thread with streams changes often because they have to frequently run from the banhammer. But its not too hard to keep up with the current thread.

The current thread is reddit.com/r/redditsoccercity

Shay Z repped this.
  24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Thank you. Reddit was my go to but they keep banning the subreddit and yesterday I had trouble finding the new one or any good source.

25. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have to find your inner Madridismo @Shay Z.

This is one of those season where its "easy" to not find a working stream and watch the game. In fact one could say it is more rewarding to not watch the games and I could sympathize. But in April 2017 you better believe we all somehow had a working stream.

Lyra repped this.