Leeds vs The Arsenal (EPL) 16 Oct 2022

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by And_ROOS, Oct 13, 2022.

1. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #151 DaPrince84, Oct 16, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
    Ir sucks because he had a great match today, but you can’t lose your head like that. He was fortunate that Bamford didn’t throw himself into his kick out .

Cop Shoot Cop and daedalus repped this.
  2. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i know players don't want to sit out games but he really benefited from sitting out the game against bodo glimt. he looked much better than the last few games.

DaPrince84 repped this.
  3. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And VAR was not the technology being discussed pre-match, at least not by me. That was Goal Line. Which is employed very rarely in footy, and wasn't used in this match at all... not even close to it. Honestly, I still think football would survive fine without Goal Line Tech. VAR is another kettle of fish entirely, since it's employed in virtually every match, often numerous times, in so many varied ways. Had I known that VAR was also part of their outage delay today I would've been more supportive of them waiting the way they did.

4. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    danielh and CarlosKaiser repped this.
  5. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    DaPrince84, GunnerJacket and Silva 5 repped this.
  6. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    Four points clear at the top of the table, take care of teams sitting 17th, 18th, and 20th in the table and no matter what the result of the Chelsea game is, Arsenal will be top of the table at the World Cup break.

danielh, mebeSajid, Shen-O and 3 others repped this.
  7. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know why people like it, but Marsch’s ‘coaching’ leads to things like Ayling’s challenge on…Gabi was it?…last season. Completely reckless and incredibly dangerous play like that is going to cost some players their careers.

mebeSajid and daedalus repped this.
  8. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  9. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get it - but that's more on the refs than the managers. Managers always want their boys to get "stuck in". Refs need to be firm and not let it get dangerous.

daedalus repped this.
  10. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    so, uh, go ahead and nab a yellow for both gabe jesus and saliba against so'ton, then?

11. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    CarlosKaiser repped this.
  12. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of the many things I've heard said about us since Sunday, here are a couple that hadn't occurred to me:

1. Sunday was Invincibles Day, since Citeh went down to Pool, and nobody remains undefeated (via Arseblog)
    2. Saka's recent uptick in form is perhaps largely due to Ben White playing at RB (via Michael Cox)

13. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Cox mean Ben White altering his playing style? Because he's been playing RB since the start of the season up through all the matches in which people were criticizing (wrongly, IMO) Saka's form.

Tonerl and cooper7d7 repped this.
  14. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm. He seemed to be implying that White started playing RB sometime after the season started, and was linking that to Saka's improvement. But now that you mention it, Tomi was injured right from the get go and White deputized from week 1... to much acclaim I'll add.

I heard this on Handbrake Off podcast, and it's possible I heard it wrong... podcasts don't always have my full focus as I listen while doing other things. Or it's also possible that Cox was just talking shit. As he kinda was doing when he also said that the only team he can see challenging Citeh for the title is us. Hello???

15. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    white has been at RB from day 1 this season. that much is not even a question.

the one thing it could be might be white's improvement there? he seems to be getting more comfortable by the game, understandably. and, while he doesn't yet have the same level of understanding and cohesion as saka-tomiyasu, it likely is slowly developing.

16. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yossarian repped this.
  17. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cox is usually pretty good. But his article in The Athletic today was below his standards. He just wrote how we played really poorly and were lucky to win. I wrote in the comments section to the article that this was not up to his usual standards, as anyone could see we were poor in the second half but that a more interesting article would have been analyzing the details of why. A few hours later I got a ping that there was a response to my comment. It was Cox, who replied: "Fair." :p

NorthBank and daedalus repped this.
  18. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You didn’t happen to ask him whether he said that Saka has gotten better because of White? ;)

19. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha. Didn't know that was a take at the time, unfortunately. I've listened to Blogs but haven't gotten to AV or Handbrake yet --- will today.

20. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #170 NorthBank, Oct 18, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
    Some videos Arsenal put up:

Or if that is blocked for you...
    https://www.arsenal.com/video/popular?entryid=0_srd4n4do

The latter does a way better job of capturing the atmosphere in the ground than any regular TV broadcast does, especially the away fans, e.g. when they're cheering the HR while he was testing goalline tech. :D

21. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I remember when Michael Cox was "Pires" on Football365, lol.

22. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    now we're charged by FA for conduct over the shit call by the assistant referee. because, of course, we are.

also, "we were forced to charge manchester united so we have to charge you".

maskito repped this.