Leeds vs The Arsenal (EPL) 16 Oct 2022

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by And_ROOS, Oct 13, 2022.

1. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    upload_2022-10-14_10-53-40.png

USA: October 16 - 9:00am @ Leeds (Premier League) - Peacock
    CAN: October 16 - 9:00am @ Leeds (Premier League) - FuboTV
    AUS: October 17 - 12:00am @ Leeds (Premier League) - OptusSports

Well, all I asked for in our UEL match was to get through the game with no injuries on that turf, and rotations. We now sit top of the group and one more win guarantees us a spot in the next round.

BUT, can't look too far ahead, before that match with PSV next week we travel somewhere that light doesn't dare to tread...
    [​IMG]

We actually have a great record against Leeds, in the last 4 games against them we have scored 12 goals to 4, and the last time we played them on their dung heap we won 1-4 (Martinelli x 2, Saka x 1 and ESR x 1).

So heres to going to Elland Rd, and seeing Martinelli and Saka try to out do their last efforts there. Leeds last two games at home have been draws to poor opposition, I think we will give them a bit of a lesson.

Assuming we turn up with the right mindset, that is (that UEL wasn't exactly top quality from us).

I'm tipping Arsenal to win 4-2, with goals from Martinelli, Jesus and Ode.

COYG!

2. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're surely on top of things now @And_ROOS with your quick thread starts! Any nervousness that there was waiting for the NLD thread is long long gone.

This season I've been backing Marsch & Adams, two NYRB alum, to do well in England... EXCEPT for when we play them.

And I agree that we may be fortunate to play them when their balloon has deflated slightly of late.

3. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    This might be the longest match day streak I have ever had :D

Really hoping soon we have a big scoring match just to remind everyone that this year we are really looking to push City. If they want the league title, they are going to have to take it off our cold, dead bodies.

DaPrince84 repped this.
  4. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i missed this until someone mentioned it . . . . . y'know, if gabriel jesus get a yellow either this game or vs southampton, he'd miss southampton or nottingham forest. that might be ideal to get it out of the way.

5. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    If we are going to lose him for a game you would want it to be the home game against Forest who are in worse form than Southampton.

daedalus repped this.
  6. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. Time for a well-intended professional foul I say! Near the end of the match, either vs Leeds or Soton.

And_ROOS repped this.
  7. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i like a lot of the pieces that forest bought but i also think we'd be better off (having jesus take the day off) against them than southampton. the other thing that makes that game preferable is nketiah went the full 90 on that surface at bodo glimt, the extra week away from it (before starting in place of gabe jesus) would probably be better for muscle recovery and such.

And_ROOS repped this.
  8. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    I tipped Forest to flirt with relegation before finishing a couple of spots above relegation, now I just don't see how they don't go down.

9. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    they've looked less strong than i thought. i do like a lot of their buys but (and quite a few people here called it) it does take time to jell. their best attackers (in my opinion), dennis and gibbs-white were both last minute buys, i believe. like chelsea and liverpool, i think they could come back stronger after the world cup from having had extra time then to get used to a new system.

10. cooper7d7

cooper7d7 Member+

Feb 7, 2001
    CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus is in doubt for Leeds.

11. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna be traveling thru some Internet barren roads Sunday morning. Will likely need to watch the game on delay.
    How does that work (not work) on Peacock? Can you pick up viewing at the beginning at any point during a live game? Am I going to have to wait until it's over to watch? Am I going to have to wait hours after the game for a replay to be available?
    Any info is appreciated.

12. CarlosKaiser

CarlosKaiser Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 30, 2018
    Kansas City
    I haven't been able to join live, I've had to wait for the replay to be available. Not hours, more like 30-60 minutes after it ends?

You might try adding the match to your watch list now. That might record it so you can join live? I don't know for sure. Wish it was like YouTubeTV and you could just tell it to record all Arsenal matches, but Peacock is a terrible platform.

maskito and ArsenalJake repped this.
  13. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have added the game to "my stuff", whatever the hell that means.

Deep Wilcox and daedalus repped this.
  14. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Replay isn’t available until the next day on Peacock, although that might be only for network televised games. However, I’ve found that the old NBC Sports app, through which you can access both Peacock and network broadcasts with the requisite logins, allows replays almost immediately after the match ends.

daedalus repped this.
  15. CarlosKaiser

CarlosKaiser Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 30, 2018
    Kansas City
    #15 CarlosKaiser, Oct 15, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
    Ahh. Network televised games I just watch replays on YTTV. Games that air only on Peacock have the replays available same day. Never tried to watch a network game replay on Peacock, so you're probably right about not being available same day.

16. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    we're on their 'live' list tomorrow which means you can hop in anytime but you'll be in at whatever time the game is at (not from the start). after the game is over, you can watch from the start, though. the nice part, if you end up watching the replay, is they stick around so you can see players chatting or clapping for fans (in the live, they cut away immediately).

'my stuff' just basically bookmarks it so you can get to the link easier/quicker via the 'my stuff' tab at the top.

ArsenalJake repped this.
  17. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    that's amazing to know. thank you. i'll have to check the NBC app.

i've been just pissed that i'm having to scramble for a stream whenever our game is on USA (instead of peacock) because i don't feel like waiting for a whole day.

ArsenalJake repped this.
  18. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Kill.

daedalus repped this.
  19. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Smash these cunners

daedalus repped this.
  20. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he's fit, along with the others, I'm 99% sure we see the same XI as played LFC last weekend.

If he's not fit, we'll get a glimpse of the challenge we face at not having much experienced depth at CF. Even if Eddie can hack playing most or all of this match after going 90 on artificial turf in Norway, what's the likelihood he can rise to the demand of the EPL back home?

Tomorrow is going to be a very telling match in so many ways, both at the individual and project levels.

21. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    GunnerJacket and cooper7d7 repped this.
  22. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They took the TRAIN to Leeds????

23. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Play Jesus for the last 5 minutes of the game, get him to take a goal kick, get him to waste time taking that goal kick so he gets a yellow card, give him next week off.

NorthBank and daedalus repped this.
  24. cooper7d7

cooper7d7 Member+

Feb 7, 2001
    CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same exact as vs LFC. Arteta true to form. Taking a risk to Jesus and all?