Leeds vs. Doncaster :: Playoff Final

Discussion in 'Leeds' started by mellon002, May 22, 2008.

1. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    Sunday morning at 10 AM for those of us on the East coast of the USA. Let's hope things go better than our last playoff final.

2. Kcwizforlife

Kcwizforlife New Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes cmon leeds

3. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  4. B Rock

B Rock Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Not a single chance that could be classified as better then half throughout the match. Not a single fooking one.

McAllister out. Bates out. Everyone the ******** out.

Doncaster looked the better side throughout the game as we couldn't create a fooking thing.

5. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    1-0 loss. Another kick in the gut.

6. B Rock

B Rock Member

Oct 7, 2004
    The most disconcerting part is that this was a real chance for Leeds to compete in this division for a season, without completely rebuilding the squad.

As it is, with a repeat season at this level in the offing, no doubt that Beckford will be looking to be on his way to a Colaship side with promotion aspirations (Watford with the Marlon King money looks a good fit).

We could also see a couple of other players go, specifically I could see Kilkenny, Prutton, and Huntington looking to move to the Colaship. If we're not in the frame for auto-promotion in the January window Michalík will probably also look to up his level of competition.

I still can't believe our game plan was to attack down the right hand side and have Richardson throw crosses into the box against Sullivan, a keeper whose strength is his judgement of crosses.

7. Hammerette 1

Hammerette 1 Member

May 24, 2007
    England
    I can't imagine how gutting it is for Leeds fans at the moment, to be fair Doncaster were the better side on the day. Look Leeds are still a huge club and without having the 15 points to make up should be able to get up automatically next season. I know it's a small crumb of comfort right now but you'll get back up I'm quite certain of that, Div 1 is no place for a club like Leeds.

8. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Agreed 100%.

Chin up lads. Leeds have the right spirit, I'm confident of that.

9. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Doncaster were the better side. They wanted it more and it showed. That was the first time I've seen Leeds play all season, it was also the first 3rd division game I've ever seen and it was not pretty. Maybe watching the EPL and the Champions League has me spoiled but the quality of play was downright awful. No wonder these two teams are in the 3rd division.

If Doncaster can play with that amount of heart and determination every game they should survive in the Championship.

As for Leeds, hopefully Mac can build a better squad and gain automatic promotion.

10. JackBastard

JackBastard Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Bridgend
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I know how much it's hurting them and I love it. After putting up with their bullshit all season, how fitting that they finished sixteen points behind us and couldn't even go up through the playoffs. I hope they enjoy their trips to Chelteham, Hereford and Rochdale next season :D

Can this subforum finally be moved out of the Championship forum now, by the way?

Almost forgot! http://leedsunited.ytmnd.com/

11. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  12. JackBastard

JackBastard Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Bridgend
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    What's not to get?

13. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    Chlamydia.

Too late for you, unfortunately.

14. JackBastard

JackBastard Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Bridgend
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    That was almost as witty as Beckford's shirt.

15. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Which is still incredibly more witty than....well........

Enjoy your year in the sun.

16. JackBastard

JackBastard Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Bridgend
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Don't worry, we will.

Maybe instead of insulting me you should look into why Leeds are now universally hated by everyone in League One?

17. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Except Andy Robinson?

18. JackBastard

JackBastard Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Bridgend
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Bumpety bump.

Our "year in the sun" is going swimmingly, thanks very much. How's life in the dolrums?

Robinson... Robinson... short fat bloke who scores some good long range goals but spends the rest of the game blowing out of his arse? Yeah, I remember him now... he's been more than adequately replaced.

Sorry, I have to gloat, the opportunity doesn't come around very often... at our recent rate the next time will be 2034. And I'm also sure that you'll turn it around soon enough, maybe even this season, you're not that far off the playoffs. A club of Leeds' size and stature won't stay in League One for too long. For all the geniune decent Leeds fans I wish you all the best.

Also, re: Robinson, our only major downfall in the first half of the season was our wide players, something which has thankfully been rectified during the transfer window. I'd certainly have Dyer & Gomez over Robbo & Anderson, although whether or not we can keep them permanently is another matter.