Leeds vs Birmingham [R]

Discussion in 'Leeds' started by Seedorf, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Seedorf

Seedorf New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN USA
    OK, it clearly seems Roque Junior still needs to get used to the pace of the English game. Or, perhaps he was a horrible pick up. I hope it's not the latter, but we'll see. This was a very disappointing game, especially since Leeds out played Birmingham City for most of the game.

First, Alan Smith missed an easy goal in the second half. All he had to do was but the ball on either side of the goal, but he kicked rught down the middle, at the goalie.

Second, I don't even want to get into the free kick issue with letting Birmingham try again. I will just say, very questionable. Of course, if Roque Jr doesn't body slam the Birmingham striker in the box, then there is no issue. I hope Matteo is coming back soon.

Luckily, there really is on two relegation spots left to fill. Can they just send Wolves back down before the season ends?

2. dbiesecker

dbiesecker Member

Jul 1, 2002
    CO
    I think 0-0 would have been a fair result. Neither team really did enough to deserve the full 3 points. That said, Birmingham were very unfortunate to not win last week, so this kind of evens things out. Not fair for Leeds, but then life isn't fair. I'm sure Leeds will grab some undeserved points this season.