Leeds Transfer Deadline Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds' started by Leedsunited, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Lots of speculation linking us with bids for:

Steven Davies (around £1m) from Tranmere.
    19 year old left winger/striker. We have had four bids rejected but a lot of it is brinkmanship as he will walk away for nominal compensation in Summer as he is in the last year of his contract.

Shaun Barker from Blackpool

Full back was the Seasiders player of the year last season and would be a good signing. Again Blackpool are playing hardball, but the player is supposedly angling for a move

Matty Fryatt from Leicester (possibly a loan)
    Joined Leicester for big money after impressing in League One for Wallsall, this was due to go through last week but circumstances have conspired. Hot topic on www.waccoe.com . Has been pushed down the pecking order at City due to new arrivals.

USA loan target Jemal Johnson has opted for a permanant move to MK Dons rather than benchwarming at EL. He'll be a good player in League One, but I doubt he'll be there more than a year if they don't go up.

19 year old midfielder Jonathan Howson has warned off potential Premier League suitors in an interview with Leeds, Leeds, Leeds.

Jermaine Beckford has said that he is not interested in joining Scunthorpe United.

2. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Alan Martin Joins

First confirmed signing of the last day is 19 year old Motherwell keeper Alan Martin, who turned down Rangers and other SPL clubs, as well as a new contract at Well, to join Leeds for an Undisclosed fee.

He told leedsunited.com: "I'm glad its all gone through now. I'm on top of the world to be joining a club like Leeds. The facilities here are world class, and I'm looking forward to working with the coaching staff to become a better player"

Alan had been offered a deal after a trial but failed a medical due to a knee injury. He rejected a one year deal, but has now signed a two year contract with options for an undisclosed fee, and will wear shirt number 12. He will be providing cover for Caspar Ankergren.

3. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Newcastle defender joins Leeds

19 year old Newcastle defender Paul Huntington has joined for an undisclosed fee.

He made 11 appearances and 1 sub appearance under Glenn Roeder, but has found himself surplus to requirements under Fat Sam.

Carlisle born, he graduated from Newcastle Uniteds academy, winning the Jackie Milburn Trophy for the most promising youngster from the North East.

He will provide competition for Matt Heath and Rui Marques, as we currently have no other recognised centre backs, apart from makeshift Ben Parker.

His only goal for Newcastle was the equaliser against Tottenham last season.