Lee YP at Tottenham 2007-2008 [r] Part 2

Discussion in 'Korea' started by yimmy, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    i think there was a handball claim that wasnt given today.

It was a definite handball. Hard to believe the refs missed that. Perhaps it was adjudged to be unintentional.

But then again refs are far from consistent, even in the Premiership, the league with the longest history, most watched around the world, and in a country where there are the most number of professional clubs and most experienced refs.

Not so long ago, Gerrard blocked a ball in the penalty box with his arm, for me it was deliberate, the hand was travelling towards it, but to the ref and obviously Scousers it was unintentional.

2. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Well, we don't know Lee about his great crosses either. But our leftbacks are awful, so Lee can't be any worse...

PSV "offically" started trying to buy Lee, PSV has an agreement with the Spurs. At this moment Lee can choice between serveral PL teams and PSV Eindhoven. It's his choice and we will love to see him back, we will give him the time to adept again and find his old level back.

If he stayed in Eindhoven all things would have gone better, but that's logic ofcourse.

Next year I'm sure we should be able to reach the 2nd round of the CL again, if Lee comes back to Eindhoven. We only miss a decent right and leftback.

3. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Id be interested to hear why a hardcore PSV thinks Lee has fallen off the wagon....why has his form degraded since coming to Spurs.

4. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Trust, only trust... The comments about Lee from the Spurs fans are identique to the negative comments about Lee in his first year in Eindhoven, Lee started to play great when we started to support him more. I mean the Lee, Lee, Lee, Lee "song"

5. augietx

augietx Member

Feb 17, 2005
    TexAS
    I don't think Lee has lost it at all. He still has two or three more seasons left in him of outstanding football. I would love for him to go to PSV. I was just saying that he is still good enough to be a starter in the EPL as well.

6. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    A lot of other skeptics were saying that it was at the Kop end and no ref in the world would have given it but I thought it would have been harsh on Stevie G because he was close to point blank range when the Reading player hit the ball and I think he was twisting his body around in order to block the shot with his back. It's hard to say he intentionally handled it when his eyes weren't on the ball, but maybe he meant to. <shrugs>

7. news

news Member

Jan 24, 2008
    3. Lee Young-Pyo [LB] @ Tottenham Hotspurs 2007 ~ 08:

Premier League: 18 appearances (17 starts), 0 goals, 0 assists.
    FA Cup: 2 appearances (2 starts), 0 goals, 0 assists.
    Carling Cup: 4 appearances (4 starts), 0 goals, 0 assists.
    UEFA Cup: 5 appearances (5 starts), 0 goals, 0 assists.
    -------------
    Total: 29 appearances (28 starts), 0 goals, 0 assists.

Game Log

8. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    The negotiations between PSV and Lee will start today. Lee let PSV know that he decided that he want to go to PSV. So I expect them to succeed in the negotiations. Lee could choice between several Premier League and Serie A teams.

9. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Is LYP still under contract? Or would this be a Bosman? Hopefully PSV won't be asked to pay too much, otherwise the deal could be torpedoed.

10. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    You will still have the PL and Serie A teams left...

11. daeh0

daeh0 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    what about italy in the same world cup, and the champs league semi assist for cocu?

i think he's still got it in em'.

12. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    He has one year remaining on his contract with Spurs IIRC.

13. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What other PL teams are interested in him?

14. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Not named, I only know that several PL and Serie A teams wants him. As do PSV. At this moment it looks like he will chose for PSV, but it's not sure yet.
    Just watched PSV - Lyon and PSV - AC Milan back, good old times... If you're interested to watch those games back just go to www.psv.tv and then "Historie".

15. mandelbran

mandelbran New Member

Apr 1, 2006
    It seems the Serie A teams wanting him are very good ones... AS Roma (still wishing to give him a chance... I wonder if he merits to have another after having turned them down three times), Fiorentina and Sampdoria. AS Roma and Fiorentina should be both in Champions League next year and Sampdoria in UEFA Cup. They are three damn good teams and probably have the most charismatic and most talented italian coaches at present as well as playing the most spectacular kind of football in Italy atm.

I believe Lee will refuse all these teams, and will go to PSV from what I read here. I think he won't come to Serie A, not for any form of prejudice or for any sort of issue but, for other reasons... He's the kind of player who has the perfect characteristics for Serie A which is much less less physical in respect to Premiership but, more tactical.

I've heard rumours that some teams here are interested on Lee Ho and that next season Serie A will increase extracom spots. Seems there are some teams willing to invest and to find talented asiatic players.

16. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This sudden Italian interest in Lee Ho is completely perplexing.

17. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    I know! Do you think it has more to do with tapping the Asian market?

18. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    lee young pyo not wanting to go to roma still makes me insane.

I still wouldnt put my money down on the PSV thing just yet. I hear that some teams in the premier are interested also. There are too many teams interested. I figure the best contract takes him. the dude comes cheap. i tell ya. he can play, and he brings in a lot of Asian market cash.

I still dunno who lee ho is

19. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    [youtube]3JVwZoR74n4[/youtube]

Damn good passer he is.

20. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    PSV rekent op komst van Lee
    dinsdag 20 mei 2008 | 03:31 | Laatst bijgewerkt op: dinsdag 20 mei 2008 | 10:08

EINDHOVEN - PSV heeft goede hoop dat Young-pyo Lee komend seizoen terugkeert in Eindhoven. De clubleiding is met Tottenham Hotspur in onderhandeling over een transfer.

Spurs stelt zich nog aarzelend op, omdat het denkt in Engeland meer te kunnen verdienen aan de verkoop van de Koreaan. De speler zelf heeft echter te kennen gegeven per se weer voor PSV te willen voetballen.

Well, this message from a newspaper in the Netherlands says that PSV thinks that Lee will play for PSV next season. Only the Spurs prefers to sell him to a PL team because they want to pay more money, but Lee only wants to go to PSV.

21. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Does PSV really need Lee Youngpyo right now? Or does it go the other way around?

22. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Depends on, we currently have:
    - Maza Rodrigues -> Mexican International, not that great -> Central defender
    - Kromkamp -> sucks -> Rightback
    - Salcido -> Since Lee the only decent leftback we had -> Leftback/central defender
    - Marcellis -> Biggest Dutch talent for the defence -> rightback/central defender

I expect Lee to start in the first eleven directly, but can Lee still play as rightback? He did that several times in Eindhoven but that's so long time ago... Well, options will be:

Marcellis - Maza - Salcido - Lee
    Kromkamp - Marcellis - Salcido - Lee
    Lee - Marcellis - Maza - Salcido

But Lee WILL start in the first eleven, I've no doubt about that. I'm sure Lee is still better then Maza.

23. daeh0

daeh0 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    lee will do well on PSV
    damn tottenham for wasting such a fine player.

24. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's not like he was a complete failure for Tottenham. He was an integral part of one of their best seasons in years (05/06), starting and playing fulltime just about every single games.

Not to mention he was one of their better players last season and even some of this season until Jol got sacked.

25. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    Lee at tottenham was one of the most fraustrating shiite i've had to endure in football as lee young pyo fan.

he didnt particularly do bad... if you 've watched his games, i thought he did rather okay. But i think if you had to define his career at spurs, it comes down to that one play where park ji sung steals the ball and the game from him... at home. that and the roma thing. actually the whole stay was a mess.

get the hell outta there.