Lee YP at Tottenham 2007-2008 [r] Part 2

Discussion in 'Korea' started by yimmy, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Lee is on the bench today against his former club.

Gilberto was robbed by Farfan and Farfan scored a crucial away goal. PSV leads 1-0 at halftime at White Hart Lane.

the matchtracker on spurs website says that jamie o'hara is training right now and may replace gilberto. It's too bad Lee isn't even a second choice LB at the moment.

EDIT: it's official. Gilberto has been subbed off for O'hara.

2. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    Ohara playing quite well, especially compared to Gilberto in the first half who he has replaced.

LB is not his natural position. The ITV commentators seems very keen on him so far.

3. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm watching the game right now and PSV are playing well. Really impressive that they can still play at a high level when Farfan and Gomes are the only remaining players from their CL semifinals run 3 years ago.

Again, thanks to Afreeca's multi-view, I'm watching both Zenit and PSV games at the same time. lol.

4. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    Ramos must believe Ohara is far more attacking than LYP.

and Spurs is going to have to win this game.

most likely that more attacking midfielders will come on to replace defensive/holding mids.

5. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    there is a channel on Afreeca that is commentated by this guy who is broadcasting it.

used to switch to that channel from time to time, he cracks me up, and sometimes is better than the official commentators.

6. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Afreeca has got to be the greatest invention in history of internet.

I can watch this game on FSC, but I'm using Afreeca so that I can use the multi-view option to see the Zenit game, lol

7. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    holy shit! spurs just lost at home 1-0. Ramos warned his players that they're playing for their futures. Maybe Lee will get some playing time because of this crappy result.

8. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    dont think so. have a feeling the relationship is unreconcilable. Ramos has moved on in his thinking probably and does not owe LYP anything who was one of Jols main signing.

9. johlee991

johlee991 Member

Aug 4, 2007
    The Woodlands, TX
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wow, I remember just 2 seasons ago when the Spurs were challenging for a spot in the Champions League. Who were the backs then? Dawson/King and Stalteri/LYP. Midfield looks fairly similar and upfront fell into the 'rotation system' and Darren Bent despite a huge transfer fee has done nothing but steal money. Gawd......

10. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    They not only just lost, they were completely out-played by PSV.

I was really impressed with PSV. Their ball movement and athleticism were brilliant. They played class football today. I know Afellay has been playing well for quite some time now, but he's looking better than he ever did. Jenas and Zokora got PWNED.

11. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Their midfield has never been the same since the departure of Carrick. Carrick, while overrated, was their catalyst in midfield when they were one food poisened game away from making the Champions League, lol.

12. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I wish Liar would just leave Tottenham. Unlike Lee Tong-kook and Seol, he's a decent player and deserves much better thant he treatment he's recieving from the Spurs.

13. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    You can say that again. Or maybe he's fairly rated but just overpaid, if that makes any difference.

14. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    And Lee can return, wouldn't that be fantastic :D

15. bijans-redded

bijans-redded Red Card

Jan 18, 2007
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  16. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Good to see LYP still has got love and respect from PSV and its fans. Definitely needs to say F Spurs and go back to PSV. I can dust off my LYP PSV jersey then. :p

17. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Yep, I think it was fantastic for him when the PSV fans sang "Lee, Lee, Lee" yesterday. What we were used to do if he was making his run on the sideline again.

18. gatch

gatch Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Seoul and Melbourne
    anyone know where i can download this match?

19. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Do you have usenet? Because it will be at usenet in the weekend. I will post the link if it's finished.

20. gatch

gatch Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Seoul and Melbourne
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    sorry for being none technical. Is Usenet like newzbins? Newsgroups?

21. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Yep, I will have a look at Bittorent.. I think it should be one somewhere...

22. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Wow, lee has been handed a rare start in the second leg of the UEFA cup game. Gilberto (who scored over the weekend) isn't even on the bench. I hope he has a good game

23. bijans-redded

bijans-redded Red Card

Jan 18, 2007
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    subbed out at half time :(

24. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    watching extra time.

PSV 0 - 1 Spurs

a late Berbatov goal with just 10 min to FT. a great low flying cross into the box by Chimbonda and Berbatov volleyed it beautifully with no defender around himm, free volley.

but due to aggregate 1-1 extra time now.

PSV home fans are so quiet, whereas the Spurs away fans are continuing to make a lot of noise! some work colleagues got on a flight around 5pm to go to the match, they must be riding high, as it seems Spurs is in the ascendency.

25. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Darren Bent came on in place of Lee so I hope it was tactical change and not because of a shit performance.