LEE Young-pyo transfer rumour thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by GuruSky, Jul 8, 2005.

1. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Heinze is a talented player but SAF doesn't know how to use him effectively.

2. nam.c

nam.c New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    UK/Switzerland
    Did he play center back for PSG?

3. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    he didn't play cd for psg. and i don't know how you (toohyper) are claiming that saf isn't utilizing heinze properly? he's brilliant on that left side. crunching tackles. bombing down the sidelines. descent passer (much better at the long ball and crosses than the short ones). he's an argentinian js park with his motor (logged the most minutes for mu last term). plus, he was mu's mvp last seson.

i doubt that manchester united is seriously looking into putting in an offer for lee. already with heinze and neville at lb (it's not like mu would get younger on that side with lee's arrival), and a crowded mid-field (though mu should be looking for another cm), there really isn't a place for lee though i love to see him the red shirt. i just don't think there's a great enough incentive for mu to spend on lee.

4. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I never claimed Heinze had a bad season because he didn't, Heinze was more than solid for Manure. But to me, Sir Alex could have use Heinze more in the offensive side of the game as a left back. Granted, he's a defender, but I think Heinze got some offensive weapons and SAF didn't use him in that area of his game much.

Heinze has always been a brick on that left side of any club's defense, but he's got a good offensive game too. I'm not saying he should tried to be Cafu but would want him to get involved in the attacking game more.

5. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    but Man U's got enough offensive weapons for Heinze to concentrate more on defense. Man U don't really need him to get involved in their offensive plans. all they want Heinze to do is to put a lock down on the other team's offense and only by doing that, he's still one of the best defenders in EPL right now.

6. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    yes heinze is very solid as left back very good defensively manu has a crazy ass backline look at it
    --g. neville----ferdinand----silvestre----heinze

7. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ehh, I'm not a big fan of Neville and Silvestre. they're 'good', but nowhere near being 'great'.

8. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    i dont like neville either i think silvestre used to be good back when he played left back for both manu and france....his just seems like a regular defender now....

9. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Their attacking is rather overrated. Rooney was the only reliable striker they had this season. Ruud was injured most of the time, and their mid-field is getting old exception of Ronaldo. And this is like the 2nd straight season they finished 3rd in the league standings.

Silvestre is crap now. He had a poor season for Manure, wasn't impressive at all in Euro 2004. Neville SIsters got to go. Rio is talented defender but not exactly what you call a smart defender. Their defense is crap comparing to the likes of Chelsea.

10. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    yeah, except that Chelsea bought their Championship.

11. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    There are doubts about P. Neville, but G. Neville is a great rightback in EPL, I think. Proven and consistent.

12. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And Your saying MU didn't buy any of their past championships?

MU, and Arsenal should not be whining about Chelsea winning the league championship. They definitley have enough money and enough talented players to compete with Chelsea. Granted, Chelsea got s***load of money because of Roman, But MU and Arsenal still have a lot of money too.

Same goes to Liverpool and Newcastle to a certain degree.

Gary Neville is okay. But Not too crazy about him, especially when he's on the England Squad.

Manchester only scored about 55-60 goals (someone have to check the stats because i'm not 100% sure) which was pathetic comparing to what Arsenal and Chelsea did. Even Middlesborough scored as many goals as MU. MU's offense is overrated. I'm just saying MU could have done better in the league standings if maybe SAF used Heinze more. I mean, don't get me wrong, Heinze's offense isn't going to make them champions or anything but could have had few more points in the standings.

13. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I give at least a minimum credit to Chelsea for winning the league last season(even though it was still a buy), but what they're doing right now is just disgusting.

but to be honest, I don't really care. so let them be.

14. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    Motoyama made Neville look absolutely incompetent during ManU's friendly with Kashima. And even Ferdinand and Silvestre were made to look like fools. This defense lacks passion, fitness or both.

15. nam.c

nam.c New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    UK/Switzerland
    IMO Silvestre played really poorly in Euro 2004 and still plays poorly. Just doesn't concentrate and he's not an imposing physical figure either like Rio.

I know a lot of people rate G Neville highly, but I just don't see what's so good about him. He's not strong, big or fast. He's not got offensive skills like cafu nor can he shut down tricky wingers. And I can say he's not really a defensive organizer or a leader because when Rio was away the ManU defence fell apart and Neville couldn't hold i together. And he scores own goals with headers. I think he's just been overrated for ages , maybe due the the lack of good right backs in england.

16. SamYoon22

SamYoon22 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    USA
    i think you're right on the money bud. excellent left and right backs are supposedly rare. i guess it IS a bit difficult to deal wiith the overwhelming quality and quantity of left and right wingers and forwards. STILL, i would hardly say that Lee could perform any better than Heinze. but isn't lee capalbe of playing both sides?

17. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It looks like Lee stays with PSV then, i personally think he deserves to play in an better league.

18. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    chelsea
    ferraira---carvalho----terry---bridge/del horno

manu
    neville---rio-----silvestre---henize

i say manu has better fullbacks but chelsea better centre defenders

19. SamYoon22

SamYoon22 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    USA
    i still think lee could take either neville's place on manu

20. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wayne Bridge is as good as Heinze. Bridge is underrated as heck. Bridge, Heinze, and Ashley Cole are the three best left backs in the league.

And Chelsea has much more depth in that defense. Robert Huth and Glen Johnson will develop into good defenders for Chelsea.

21. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Bridge > Heinze

22. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    heinze > bridge

23. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ashley Cole > Wayne Bridge > Gabriel Heinze > The Left Back from Wigan...Whoever that is.

24. nam.c

nam.c New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    UK/Switzerland
    Cech > VdSar
    Ferreira = G Neville (remember how badly Ferreira played in Euro and Miguel took over?)
    Terry = Rio
    Carvalho > Silvestre
    Bridge/delHorno = Heinze (guys del Horno is good i've watched him a few times in the spanish league and scored crucial headered goals for Bilbao)

Therefore Chelsea defence > Man U defence

Oh, and Lee YP > Nevilles

25. Step-Over

Step-Over Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Heinze I believe pipped Ashley Cole last season as the best left-back in the premiership by the PFA.