LEE Young-pyo transfer rumour thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by GuruSky, Jul 8, 2005.

1. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    no, not really. he's not a forward at all. he plays nothing like a forward.

so are you gonna say that saying Nedved is a striker is an opinion too? Park has a similar playing style as Nedved, who had been a pure midfielder all his life. so it's wrong to say he's a striker.

he is a pure midfielder. have you ever seen him play for Korea and PSV? the guy is the playmaker, backbone, and glue of his team's offense. since when did all midfielders had to play like Beckham?

once again, Park is not a forward, so Man U having too many forwards don't have ANYTHING to do with Park helping Man U.

2. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    You obviously don't know anything about Park. WHy don't you stick to what you know.

3. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Park is an attacking mid-fielder. Forward? No.

It's like saying Patrick Vieira is a defender.

4. ReturnoftheTang

Jul 15, 2005
    attacking mid-fielder is a more acceptable term for Park. I'll settle for that. My point is that Man Utd needs a playmaker, not a midfielder that focuses more on scoring goals. They have excessive forwards already, guys like Rooney, C.Ronaldo and RUUD needs a playmaker to feed the ball to them. Kind of like a pure guard in the NBA that passes the ball to get assists rather than trying to score points himself. That's what I meant.

5. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I think Sir Alex Ferguson knows best who he needs for the team, and he has already said a few times that Man Utd needs a young player who will vitalize the aging midfield. Park was brought into support (and possibly replace) primarily Giggs, and to a lesser extent Scholes. And Park isn't really known for his scoring prowess ;)

6. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    like melonbarmonster said, you really need to stick with what you know before you really embarrass yourself.

first of all, attacking midfielder is a midfielder afterall. so there's nothing wrong with calling him a pure midfielder while there IS something wrong with calling him a striker.

and how many times do people have to tell you that he is not a midfielder that focuses more on scoring goals?

I'm sorry, but don't make any kinda arguments when you're ignorant about the topic..

7. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    LOL. Let's go easy on him. Shake it off tang. welcome here.

8. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Yeah, I think it's just the fact that the "striker" is not the right term. He's a good wing forward, but that's the only way you can classify him as a forward. He is not a striker, which usually refers to a goal-getting center forward... Park has never played in that position, from my knowledge.

Park originally started off as a DMF/CMF during Huh Jung Moo era, then was converted into a Wing forward by Hiddink for the world cup (but converted back to DMF as Hiddink saw fit). It's only been recently with Bonfrere and PSV that he was turned into more of an offensive/side midfielder.

9. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    yeah but even when he played wing forward, he was still basically a midfielder. running up and down the flank, creating chances for other players, and etc.

10. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Yeah, he's not your prototypical wing forward, I can agree with that. Here are some of the reasons:

1) he likes to pull back a LOT to defend. Most Wing forwards are strictly offensive minded, but Park runs down to anywhere in the field as he sees fit. He moves so much that sometimes, he seems like a Libero or something, free of position.

2) he's never been a great crosser. He's alright at it, but not THAT great.

3) most wing forwards like to utilize their speed and power, but Park is not the type to just tear down defenses on the flanks with his speed. He's not slow by any means, but he's no Robben, Giggs, or SWP either.

11. Boom

Boom Member

Jan 16, 2003
    France
    Most of Monaco fans are waiting for him. The point is that Evra didn't do a really good season and he's thinking since last year to move to a bigger club. Some of fans want him to stay, some others wants him to move to get Lee. Others like me wants both.
    Givet, he's a good lateral but it's not an offensive one.
    Anyway, I think it's better for Lee to come to Monaco thant going to an anonymous EPL club. If MU, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea wants him, that's different of course.
    And there are a lot of Monaco's fans everywhere in France. Less than team like PSG, Marseille or St Etienne, but it's not true to say that there are no fans. Most of them live far from the French Riviera (like me).

12. nam.c

nam.c New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    UK/Switzerland
    Well Park is the most versatile players in the Korean squad. In the beginning of his career he has also played right-back. No reason he can't be a forward although he's not gonna be a scoring machine. Ahn has switched from AM to ST anyway.
    Lol Oops why are we talking about Park in a Lee thread...

13. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i'd bet my mortgage that you mean Haile Gebreselassie (sp?). but my all time favourite Ethiopian is Haile Selassie :D.

looks like Evra will not be moving, so do you think it still a good idea for LYP to go to Monaco? he will probably have to play out of position for a season.

14. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    Yes, Gebreselassie, indeed. How many World Records did he break? I lost count after 20 or so. And what range! I never imagined that I would see a runner who can run that fast at so many different distances from 1500 to 10K+.

Evra staying changes some things, but if Monaco are intent on signing him, and they're willing to pay a high transfer fee for him, then they probabably wouldn't be content with allowing him to sit on the bench, and he will probably get a starting spot there. But I don't know what Givet's situation will be: loan, sell or trade perhaps?

One thing that works against Lee is his left foot cross. If he can get better at this, as he showed signs of doing, especially against Cafu in CL, then he can play more of an attacking role on the wings. But more likely, he will move to the right back position, and maybe reposition Givet. I don't think playing Lee as right back would be playing him out of position. He could have easily played there for PSV, but I don't think Ooijer is as versatile as Lee. What Monaco desperately needs is midfielders, so maybe they are thinking of using him there.

I think ManU might still be in the hunt, but probably want to keep a low profile until August, when they will have funds available for more transfers. If Lee can hold out that long, then we might see him go there, because Silvestre looked very poor against Clyde,Fortune is out with injury; and Heinze is a proven center-back; which would allow him to play his normal left-back position.

15. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yes, as much as i'd hate to see Glazer buy another Korean, ManUre makes a lot of sense (i.e. Heinze moving to the centre).

16. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    Even more likely that they will be looking for a quality wing-back if Rio refuses to sign the contract. Then Heinze will practically be forced into the middle, as they will be left without a reliable center-back. Maybe United are just waiting on Rio.

17. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    it's ALL about RIO...

18. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    Yeah, and the crafty SOB knows it, too; and this is why Ferguson's practically begging him to sign. I think United will be forced to compromise their hard-line stance and settle for somewhere close to Rio's demand; but I don't think he'll likely make much more than Keane.

19. nam.c

nam.c New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    UK/Switzerland
    Who's SOB?

20. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Rio.

He's a good defender but such a bone-headed player at times. If i was Ferguson, i would go search for someone else instead of signing the dumbass back.

But hopefully not Lee YP. I rather see him go to a club like Aston Villa, Monaco, Newcastle, etc.

21. nam.c

nam.c New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    UK/Switzerland
    But what does SOB mean?
    Yea and how rude is the dickhead after ManU didn't sack him or ******** on him in public after the 8-month (right?) ban incident!! bastard

22. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Son Of Bit*#

23. InMotion

InMotion New Member

Sep 27, 2002
    New York, NY
  24. nam.c

nam.c New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    UK/Switzerland
  25. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    so now that's AS Monaco (more likely), Marseille (likely), Everton (unlikely) and ManUre (longshot)?