Lee Kang-In @ Valencia CF 2018-2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by melonbarmonster, Jan 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xavilo

xavilo Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    -Valencia is not going to sell Kangin, if someone wants Kangin they would have to pay the buyout clause, so that's something that everyone should have clear.

-In case of a transfer it will be with a option to re-buy by Valencia, this case it's for those "big" teams.

-For the medium-small teams, it will be a pure 1 year loan, probably with "play x games or you pay" clause for that x team.

-Now, the problem for Valencia is:

Kangin has a contract until 2022, in case of 1 year loan, he will have 2 years left when he comes back, so with 2 years left and with Kangin probably angry with all this situation, Valencia will encounter a situation with Kangin ending his contract in 2 years, in that situation, Valencia will 3 options:
    1. Try to renew Kangin, something that today seems unlikely.
    2. Try to sell him with 2 years left of his contract by a good amount of money.
    3. Wait until Kangin's last contract year, and with Kangin probably having a main role already, keep trying to renew him.

So we'll see what happens, Valencia the club wants him to stay because they believe he can play a good amount of minutes, but the reality it's that they can't force Marcelino to put him, and Marcelino is being mute, because he is not like "I don't like you" but more like "You are still 18 and I don't see you running up and down the field during 70 min yet so you can stay and we'll see but for now that's how things are"

It's a tough situation because, let's be honest, the coach doesn't see him neither in the physical aspect or in the tactical aspect.

Personally I want and I expect firm hand from the owner/club to Marcelino, like no forcing him to put him, but like "Listen Marcelino, you need to play this guy, as you want, wherever you want, but this guy is a club asset, he is being here since he was 10, he is not going anywhere"

So we'll see, obviously if Valencia loses 7 games in a row and Marcelino gets sacked, everything changes, but if I was the club, Kangin will be the priority and I will make Marcelino understand that he needs to give him minutes and that's it.

Angel Bear repped this.
  2. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
    In the long run, Valencia will not be able to keep him even if they wanted to. Fact is, Lee and his agent will demand exorbitant fees for his service, and Valencia does not have the money to pay his salary demands.

It's better for all parties for Valencia to cash in while they are ahead and let Lee leave. Valencia can use the money to compete, and Lee will get his salary with a bigger club.

3. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Son HM in Singapore.. at the same time Alemany & etc are about have a meeting with Peter Lim, owner of Valencia who is hell bent on having Asian star for all that "potential" revenue.

They get to witness Son HMs popularity 1st hand... Just have a bad feeling everyone will end up in uncomfortable situation that isn't good for everyone involved.

4. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
    #304 Kenny South, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    In any case, Lee should hand in his transfer request. Marcelino is an idiot, and will only waste Lee's time in Valencia riding the bench. Lee and his agent has to force Valencia's hand. These are critical years for Lee's development. I just don't like the idea of this poor guy getting screwed by a greedy owner who only sees dollar signs. $_$

Sonaldo vs Ronaldo

5. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019

chook90 and nmssis repped this.
  6. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    so it has come to this...eh?

7. icinnercircle

icinnercircle Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    May 24, 2019
    even if kangin makes it clear that he prefers a transfer, valencia has no obligation to listen to his request. he and his agent agreed on that 80 million buyout clause when he renewed his contract. if valencia doesn’t want to sell him nor lower the price and no club shells out 80 million for him, an assignment is the only choice whether kangin likes it or not. all the ‘better’ clubs interested in a transfer deal are probably offering no more than 10-15 million for him right now and valencia will never let him go for that much.

it’s such a messy situation. i feel bad for the kid because all he wants to do is play many minutes in a good team as to not slow down his progression. if he goes on a 1 year loan, hopefully he impresses during that time and after it’s over, the big clubs show that they are more than willing to pay the big bucks for him.

8. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

these player/club innerworkings are a bit o mystery to me...but if the player has no desire to stay n he has some present and future value, then it would be wise for Valencia to let him go and get some cash in hand now.

if they don't sell his contract now and his quality drops then forget about that lofty buy out clause...becomes meaningless.

9. icinnercircle

icinnercircle Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    May 24, 2019
    a transfer with repurchase option would be ideal. kangin goes to a nice club, valencia pockets decent money now and can still get the player back in the future should they desire.

this entire situation gives me a headache. i can’t imagine how frustrated kangin must be. hope valencia plays it smart and does right by him.

chook90 and nmssis repped this.