Lee Kang-in @ RCD Mallorca 2022-2023 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Kenny South, Aug 3, 2022.

1. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    he has three areas to cover...back Muriqi in attack, cover the CM during defense n press, as well as support press the wing-back should the play goes that way.

his flare use to kill momentum but now he focuses more on moving the attack

Testator repped this.
  2. Bluewings21

Bluewings21 Member

Suwon Samsung Bluewings
    Apr 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Never seen him speaking English but I assume his English should not be fluent as Sonny's. But with his age at 22 and having Spanish-speaking background he should be able to pick it up quicker than any other KPA from K-League.

Testator and nmssis repped this.
  3. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Fenomino had a video about the game yesterday, and he mentioned how Mallorca have a chance to reach European football. Might be a subtle hint LKI should stay another season?

The first team experience at Mallorca has been overwhelmingly positive, and learning how to defend effectively is one part of that.

English might be hard for him, but he doesn't need to go to the EPL. Imagine if Napoli sold Lobotka or Zielinski.

Bluewings21 repped this.
  4. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  6. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  7. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
  8. the rainmaker

the rainmaker Member

DCFC
    Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Testator and nmssis repped this.
  9. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Agreed, Stay in Spain.

the rainmaker repped this.
  10. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    If Simeone leaves Athletico Madrid, and brings in a more progressive manager wouldn’t mind seeing him there, but Griezmann would occupy the 10 position probably

nmssis repped this.
  11. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    LKI should go to newcastle. and... he can still do phantom dribbling along with the new work rate.

12. CaliforniaSoccerDad

Mar 29, 2022
    California
    nmssis repped this.
  13. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    Back in January, rumors said that an undisclosed Top 6 side was interested in him. Maybe this news revealed finally who that Top 6 was. Pretty cool that someone like LKI is being noticed by one of the top clubs in the world, and imagining him playing with the likes of Haaland and De Bruyne is cool. But so many talent in that squad, I’m afraid he can’t break into the club.

Kanuck, seolseol and Testator repped this.
  14. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Hoping he picks a club like Inter, Lazio, Union Berlin etc. Far more opportunities to play.

Kanuck repped this.
  15. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    LKI in an Inter squad wouldn’t be a bad shout. But I rather have Hwang In Beom in Inter. Just because they might be interested lol. But it’s all rumors at this point, this summer transfer window will definitely be the most interesting one for Korean football

Testator repped this.
  16. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Wish he went to PSV when they were interested a few yrs ago.

Testator repped this.
  17. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    If Antonio Can'te is going back there, I don't want to see LKI anywhere near him

18. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    The best for LKI is to join ManCity, show his potential with Haaland. Mancity will let him play Asian Games for military exemption because he is not that essential to the team. They will even let him play Olympic qualifiers and Olympics as well. And then in Fall 2024 he is loaned to a lesser team so that he can play full time.

19. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Unlike Kuluševski, LKI is fast enough to be an effective right winger/AM in a 3-4-3. But who knows where he'll go to. I'm kind of hoping Union Berlin try to get him. They need at least one creative player in midfield, and are reliant on set pieces.

20. dougdimmadome

dougdimmadome Member

Nov 16, 2021
    Lee kang in is not faster than Kulu

21. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Straight away, LKI might be a bit quicker but stop n go, LKI takes it

22. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  23. CaliforniaSoccerDad

Mar 29, 2022
    California
    but the current roster can't stay together in the coming years, right? weren't a few rumored to be on the way out?

as for LKI, loaned out or even just playing low level cup games with possibility of starting down the road seems like not a bad idea...

24. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    I think it’ll be cool to have him play for what might be the best team in the world. I think Gundogan might leave on a free, and Kalvin Phillips might leave, but I think someone like Riyad Mahrez needs to leave too. I see City splurging, especially if they fail to win the UCL. If City is truly interested and LKI ends up playing there, give the kids prop for betting on himself, but just pray that it pans out like he imagined.

25. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    I see LKI signing for a Betis, Villarreal, Brighton, Eintracht etc. A step-up in ambition, but not too steep. Man City are notorious for spending a lot of money on finished products instead of developing talents.