Lee Chunsoo Saga

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by melonbarmonster, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    i read it on nate a few weeks back.

2. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I cant see Lee Chun Soo coming back into KNT ever again.

3. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    I can see him in 2014, nothing is impossible.

4. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You read it wrong

5. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    lol we'll see if he gets called up for the upcoming games then

6. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That's not the point. Jo Gwang-rae never said he has no interest in calling up Lee Chun-soo.

7. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I wouldn't have a problem if Lee Chun Soo came back. He had some semblance of the finishing that we need up front for our team as well as the dangerous set piece maker that he sets himself to be.

He might be a douche sometimes but no one can deny that he loves playing for Korea with his whole soul.

8. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I know this isn't what Geseki was hinting at, but Cho Kwangrae all but has said he isn't interested.

Cho KR went from saying that Lee Chunsoo needs to play for him to be seen to saying that Lee CS didn't look spectacular despite the obvious truth. If that wasn't enough, he has repeated that he was attending the Jubilo match to watch Park Jooho and Park Jooho only.

9. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That doesn't at all mean that he has ruled Lee Chun-soo out of a possible call-up in the future. He simply stated a fact by saying he was in Japan to assess Park Joo-ho, because when he planned the trip initially, Lee Chun-soo wasn't even eligible to play for Omiya. If I remember correctly, LCS became an official Omiya player only a couple days before his debut, because of all the contractual issues he's had with Al Nassr.

10. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I don't know. Cho Kwangrae looks like the type that wouln't toy with possible headache scenarios. He is also notoriously known for avoiding veterans and star players. Granted, nearly every player is a star player in the national team, but Lee Chunsoo would obviously stand out.

On the pitch, Lee Chunsoo is Cho Kwangrae's type of a player in every shape and bend. Off the pitch, he is everything Cho KR would want to avoid. Hard to make a call right now, but what's clear is that Lee CS isn't getting any looks right now.

11. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Lee Chunsoo was alright at best even when he was playing on KNT and kicking butt in K-League. He was never all that effective or great as Korean strikers go.

Right now, the guy is like poison for team morale and unity and is the worst example to all the youngsters. The last thing we need is friggin great youngsters like Lee Chungyong, Ki , Kim Bokyung, Suk, bowing and noonchiba to this guy.

12. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Lee Chun Soo Interview

http://omiyaallezallez.blogspot.com/2010/11/lee-chun-soo-interview.html

Thanks to Asian football expert and Blackburn Rovers supporter John Duerden for kindly providing the following translation of a South Korean press interview that Squirrels forward Lee Chun Soo did last week.

"It is comfortable here at Omiya. I’ve played overseas for a long time and this is the most comfortable I have felt with the coach, staff and everyone making me feel relaxed and at home. Despite the fact that [South Korea and Japan] are right next to each other, the fans and the systems are different and there are many things for me to learn. I am very thankful to Omiya for giving me a chance to play. I know it's true [that I haven't scored many goals]. I wanted to score lots, but it hasn't worked out that way. Even so, my target is to perform well for my team and I am satisfied with that...

13. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    can you cover the entire face?

14. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    ya, i thought he was okay back then... nothing special...

he acts like an egomaniac when he has a decent game... can you imagine if he was actually really good?

would he be useful during qualifiers when all the european guys are away? yes... why not...

would i take him? nah...

i really dont think the knt needs him overall... we have many many many guys that can do what he does... and they're doing it in europe or in the k-league... and none of them acts like he does...

for me, when i see a guy that small come on the pitch, i always expect some sort of burst of speed or skills that justifies him being in the big league...

but he never really had that burst of speed... nothing special technically...

he was aggressive, willing to shoot and was willing to take a lot of free kicks then... but these days, i'd much have ki sung yong take the free kicks... and if not ki sung yong, i'd prefer park chu young...

on the wings, i cant see him doing better than lee chung yong or park ji sung... we have too many winger-type guys anyway...

forward position? eh... not really for me... i'm liking park chu young and the kid at germany...

lee chun soo as squad player? maybe... but with his ego... causing distractions all the time... why bother?

just let him disappear...

i always thought he was an a-hole

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Did the guy steal your girlfriend ?

BTW :
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7CLsPVutIc"]YouTube - 2010.11.20-kyoto.sanga-31-goal scene[/ame]

16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think we can all agree that LCS has a variety of personality issues that would forever blacklist him from joining the KNT and have probably impaired his ability to grow as a football player.

But in 2002, I thought he was one of the most brilliant players in the WC. He didn't get signed to La Liga by accident. He was pretty darn explosive in speed (I presume injuries / time / partying have taken its toll) even if he was a bit rough in a lot of other areas in the game.

17. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    yes... and if you see your mother tonight, tell her i wish her and the little guy the best

p.s. mr. yimmy, before you flag me for that, i'd like to point out that he started it

18. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    haha at least I didn't try to be offensive. BTW the guy does not deserve hatred. He could have done better, but overall that's a decent career with two good WC.

19. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    That is true but he had such high potential that his career in retrospect looks like a failure. It's sad really.

20. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I chuckled a bit. If I coulda repped you silently I woulda.

Everyone has an opinion on the guy and weve been over it too many times already. I loved the guy when he had the shirt on but clearly he's a mess...especially with the gf beating issue and the flipping off of fans. Not sure what to make of him really. He's one guy Ive managed to place a dividing line over though.

21. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    1. He never beat up his girlfriend.

2. He never flipped off any fans.

22. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    uhm there were several reports of him beating up a room salon gurl (prob one of his main sources of nook). Im thinking its probably not his first time.

there are actual photos of him giving the bird to some anti-LCS Kleague club.

Im not about to run searches over this.

23. hihi

hihi Red Card

Mar 17, 2006
    Internet
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    You are wrong lol

24. Mudang

Mudang Member+