Lee Chunsoo Saga

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by melonbarmonster, Feb 17, 2010.

1. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
  2. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He should go to Omiya, 장외룡 would knock some sense into him.

Here's to hoping he rips it off and starts appearing on Huh's radar, dude has a lot of talent but his attitude ...

Still remember watching him in 2006 WC and thinking he would be another key player in 2010 Qualifiers/WC, I mean, he almost singlehandedly led our attack against Switzerland and the way he cried after the game .. :(

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE5B6jKQyD4"]YouTube- 2006 World Cup Lee Chun Soo[/ame]

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Yokohama is mainly targetting S.Nakamura so I guess Omiya could be his next club. Good team, not sensational but he could create a good impact here.

4. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Not only that but their team mascot are squirrels :D , LCS should fit right in with his bouncing around attitude.

So far he's played in the K-League, La Liga, Eredivisie, Saudi League.

5. youngrokba

youngrokba New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    lcs is cool

6. Bluewings

Bluewings Member

Jun 16, 2006
    I talked to Mato this morning and he said jang doesn't want to bring him in. Mato HATES lee chun soo. That big fight after suwon won the kleague in 2008 didn't do much for their relationship

7. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    I'm not surprised at all by this and what you've said only affirmed what I've thought. LCS is a bit...weasel-y. Having said that, for him to find a decent club at this point in time and get regular playing time is the highest priority. If he holds any iota of World Cup ambition, the window for which is shutting as quickly as a girl's legs on a bad date, he needs to hit form and quickly. I think it's too much to ask for at this point and his, ahem, personal quirks, which the media love to jump on, is not going to do him any favours.

I like to think, or pretend, he still has that game-changing ability and the fervor which he displayed in Germany '06 (being arguably our best player), for which I gave him a lot of due credit at the time, but with four months to go, I think it's beyond lofty expectations to see his name near the 23-man roster. Albeit stranger, maybe even less-probable, things have happened...Suk Hyun-Jun, a Yongin alum, made a first-team debut for Ajax after all! :eek:

8. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    why isnt huh inviting him to the team? isnt he still a talented player?

9. Bluewings

Bluewings Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Yeah, couldn't agree more with your post. I have said all along that this guy has the most talent in Korea, I mean raw talent. He scored a couple goals against Suwon last year that were just stupid. It is amazing to me that someone hasn't stepped into his life yet and made enough of an impact to get him to stop making stupid mental mistakes off the pitch.

He has such an ability to be a great asset to our team but to be honest, I just don't see it happening in the next four months. He hasn't shown any signs of change yet and the team is strong enough that we won't have to take a player that just isn't willing to put forth his full effort. If he tried as hard on the pitch as he did to piss of Song Chung Gug the night we were celebrating the championship, he would be world class. However, that night ended badly for him and I don't see his career faring much better.

10. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wait what exactly did Lee Chun-Soo do? I don't really know the full story here, just know about his performances on the field.

Is he like a Korean version of Terrell Owens? Or more of a Plaxico Burress type of guy?

11. redstar_1997

redstar_1997 Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Beijing/Tianjin
    Club:
    Tianjin Teda
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I heard the news in china froum:

http://www.korea-soccer.com/redirect.php?tid=407&goto=lastpost#lastpost

横浜と大宮がアルナスル(サウジアラビア)の韓国代表FW李天秀(28)獲得を検討していると韓国紙スポーツ朝鮮が18日付で伝えた。
    同選手は02年日韓大会、06年ドイツ大会と2度のW杯に主力として10試合に出場して1得点。過去にスペインのRソシエダードやオランダのフェイエノールトにも在籍した。契約が切れる6月にアルナスルを退団する見通しという。

12. Bluewings

Bluewings Member

Jun 16, 2006
    The guy has a history of just leaving teams in the middle of the season without giving any notice. This happened with Chunnam last year. He left at the summer break and went to England to try and get picked up. Since obviously that didn't happen, he ended up in Saudi Arabia where it only took him about 2 weeks to piss off his coach there. They tried to transfer him a few months back but didn't get any offers good enough. I have an old broken washing machine out back that I would offer for him but I have grown fond of it being there.

He has off the field issues also. He showed up at Suwon's celebration back in 2008 at a room salon. He was hammered drunk when he showed up. He was angry because Cha had left him off of the squad for the championship final. So, he gets there and walks into a room with Song Jong Gug, Mato, Kwak Hee Ju and Lee Jung Soo. He grabbed Song's cup and filled it to the brim with whiskey and then slid it back across the table and said "야~~~ 발리 마셔" Since Song took obvious offense to this being older than Lee, he walked over and slapped him softly on the face a couple of times and said " Stop acting like a byeong shin and just leave." Lee then broke the whiskey bottle, flipped up the table and went into the hall and punch Moon Min Kwi in the face and then hit one of the girls in the face.

Yep, that sums up 'ol Lee Chun Soo. Ahhhhhhhhh, what could have been...

13. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Little tough guy. That fire is what makes him good on the pitch.
    Just can't seem to control himself off of it. Dumbass.

14. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He seems to convert his stupidity into passion for the NT, call him up. :)

15. Goal!!

Goal!! Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I second that! lol

16. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    As long as he doesn't go whoring and drinking before matches, but then again, if he does and still manages to curl in a free kick I say why not.

Dude's a footballer not a saint, and he's got talent, something we're sort of lacking at the moment.

Reminds me of Romario of Brasil, this dude would snort coke hours before a match, would fcuk and drink all night before CL matches and the coach still started him because he was just way too talented.

17. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well John Terry is still starting for England isn't he. ;)

18. Dokebiteam

Dokebiteam New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yea I remember during his stay with Suwon, Lee was notorious for his snobby attitude not showing up to practice and acting as he pleased. For sakes, Cha has given him a chance to redeem himself and that's how he repays. Later he decides to drop out from Suwon squad, regardless of Suwon's intensions to keep him. Suwon even had the patience and benevolence to pardon his petualant behavior... eventually the same thing happened with Chunnam and Park Hang-seo. I like LCY as a player but Lee seriously needs to work on his decorum. Well like there's a saying 'his bad luck is all of his own doing'.

19. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If Huh can call up 34 year old Ahn, why not LCS. Their contributions to the NT should both be lauded, although I wish LCS would have toned down his gay celebration against Togo.

20. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I watched the celebration cuz of your call out... what was so "gay" about it?

21. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    What is this about? This is Korea forums dude not Chinese. Can you translate what the article says?

22. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    His celebration was dedicated to Lee Dong-guk, who was sitting in the stands.

23. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Didn't he lift his shirt to expose a huge Y that represented his girlfriend at the time?

24. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    据日本媒体报道,J联赛俱乐部 大宫松鼠和横滨水手力邀李天秀加盟
    之前李天秀在沙特纳赛尔队效力,但由于和俱乐部出现矛盾,双方则分道扬镳.
    目前日本两家俱乐部对李天秀颇具好感,如果达成协议,李天秀将有望实现自由转会。

According to Japanese media, J-League clubs Omiya and Yokohama F. Marinos invite Lee Chun-Soo to join them.
    A while ago, Lee Chun-Soo was playing in Saudi League Al-Nassr, however, due to conflict with the club, both side has split up.
    Up to now, the two Japanese clubs are having 'good feeling' for Lee Chun-Soo, if there will be further agreement, Lee Chun-Soo will have the opportunity to join them on free transfer.

25. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005