Lee Chung-yong @ Bolton Wanderers 2009-2010 [R] IV

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by yimmy, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Gerrard can also play on the wide. Plus Lee Chung Yong Usually plays on the right and most of Scouser's wide players can play left and right.

2. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    이청용 리버풀전 질풍의 드리블

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DSEDf81wpw"]YouTube- ??? ???? ??? ???[/ame]

Man, that could have be one of the contenders for goal of the season. I always get disappointed seeing that.
    Just seeing that again, his first touch is really awesome

3. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Pretty obvious why Liverpool wants him.
    Liv'pool's defense gets worse and worse...

I know many Korean fans are probably saying 'lee should transfer to arsenal, liverpool etc.'

Thats just idiocy. The guy's been in the PL for a year. He's good, but he still has time to develop. Moving to such big name clubs will obviously, give him less playing time.

To those who complain that he's playing too much in recent months... Months ago, complaints in regards to the lack of his playing time came from the same mouths. -_-

Though its not all that healthy for him to play so much, its a lot better than not playing @ all, isnt it? More playing time = more experience chances to improve. I'm well aware of potential injuries, LCY faces, but its worth the gamble.

I have a feeling he'll stay another season @ Bolton. That would be a wise choice, as well as the most viable option for LCY imho.

All in all, stay another season, THEN consider moving to a bigger club.
    Its too early now.

4. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yup Im with you on that. He's in his infancy really and could stand to have another year under his belt....

I think being with Bolton will only make him better and hungrier. Thus when he gets to a top contender (pref. Arsenal) then it'll make his job that much easier (by way of working with true professionals/talent).

5. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Like the Korean proverb: 'the head of a snake is better off than a dragon's tail.' Sounds weird in english, but the message is pretty clear :p

6. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You guys are spot on. "Though its not all that healthy for him to play so much, its a lot better than not playing @ all, isnt it? More playing time = more experience chances to improve" pretty much sums it up.

7. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Lee starts vs. Stoke

8. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Please post up streams/veetle channels when you get them.

9. ChaBoomer

ChaBoomer Member

Oct 27, 2004
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  10. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    hey how about Bolton's away as our NT jersey?

11. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
  12. tommy hippo

tommy hippo Member

Apr 17, 2010
  13. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Bolton have been very, very poor

14. footballz

footballz New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Bolton playing BBong Chuku

15. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Shockingly poor. Cahill, Muamba, Robinson, Knight, Steinsson, Ricketts have all had some very poor passes.

The most interesting thing about that half was whether Tony Pulis had prematurely picked up a ball that looked like it had gone out for a throw.

16. ChaBoomer

ChaBoomer Member

Oct 27, 2004
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    it's painful to watch. I really do not enjoy watching Bolton play. I wish for LCY to move to a better club so I no longer have to watch Bolton matches.

17. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    I know Bolton have made an attempt to try to distance themselves from the "hoof-ball" stereotype but matches like these don't really do those efforts justice.

18. redknights

redknights Member

Jan 20, 2010
    USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wow I nearly broke my armrest seeing another Bolton attack break down :mad:

LCY being hounded by the Stoke left-back... guess they've resolved to make him uncomfortable with physical play (couple of the fierce challenges were worrying injury-wise - remember this is same team that ended Aaron Ramsey's year...)

Offensively Bolton haven't been able to get their footballing nor their longball tactics going. With so little time on the ball panickers like the entire back line and Muamba/Ricketts (and even Taylor and Davies to an extent) are literally black holes. They haven't even played long balls correctly, Knight and Steinsson haven't been able measure the weight of their longballs yet.

LCY and Wilshere are the only ones that look even remotely comfortable on the ball and even they have been subject to mistakes. Wilshere tending to hold on to the ball too much and LCY letting some balls get away to dangerous areas.

19. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  20. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    bout time Coyle try a Klasnic Lee combo....jeez

21. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Bolton is so much better with Klasnic. Im not sure why Coyle hasnt seen this.

22. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Lee was flying down the flank there...that was impressive

23. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Matthew Taylor has been poor.

24. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He's actually an idiot. Lets count how many of those idioitic shots he's going to take today.

25. footballz

footballz New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Lee off. Poor game by Bolton. Lee getting no service. Dont know why Bolton attack mostly on the left......