Lee Chung-yong @ Bolton Wanderers 2009-2010 [R] III

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by yimmy, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Don't worry. Assuming they even get there, they won't stay there for long.

I'm not sure what this adds to the debate we're having on Xavi and Fabregas.

2. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    petty I know but if anyone has a clip of the Fabregas Lee thing at the end Id be curious to see it. I know it probably lasted like 5 seconds if that but to me it really looks like Cesc went out of his way to acknowledge Lee and say a few words there. I could be totally off base but Id like to see it if it exists.

3. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm not sure either since my torrented match cut off before the end. Hmmm I wonder if the Korean broadcast would have it....:eek:

4. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    LCY in the starting line up today. Clichy lining up as well. Traore on the bench.

5. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Cahill scores. 0-1 Bolton.
    6'

6. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    that was a delusional run be Steinsson. He had Lee wide open on the right.

7. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Jussi again with the shit communication. Knight almost heads own goal

8. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Lee Chung-yong draws a penalty following a corner. Davies scores. Bolton leading 2-0.

9. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    he just burned Clichy

10. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    What a liability.

11. FCShootdori

FCShootdori Red Card

Sep 13, 2009
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    2-1 Arsenal, Rosicky pulls one back.

Bolton in for a nailbiter.

12. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What does Taylor add exactly? What a chump

13. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I can't wait to get home and torrent this match. Besides drawing the penalty and the 'burn' K:thecore mentioned, how has Lee been looking this game? As good as Sunday or just doing his job decently? Or has he been quiet?

And Archildo Knight has been shite many times throughout the season but he looked pretty damn proficient on Sunday. He showed a glimpse of what he could become; a bad-ass defender that holds down the back line. Also lacking from that game was his trademark 'suicide moment,' as Bolton fans have affectionately coined it. Usually we see one or more per game, but hopefully no more of those!

Well based on Sunday's performance and today's thus far, it sounds like Coyle is taking the team in the right direction, and Lee won't be left out in the cold anytime soon.

14. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    quiet...but I think Wenger's decision to go with a 4-3-3 might have something to do with this.

15. FCShootdori

FCShootdori Red Card

Sep 13, 2009
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    2-2 Shit. Fabregas.

16. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Knight is capable of having a good game. His first match for Villa resulted in the winner over Chelsea from a corner. It's just that he's very inconsistent.

17. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Bolton is such a crap team.

18. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    4-2 Arsenal.

Plenty of ref controversy from Bolton's perspective. Hard to label Bolton as a crap team melon. With their players and the level of play they showed against Arsenal these past two matches, Bolton surely has a place well above the cutoff. They just need to finish the rest of their season with consistency.

19. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He was non-existent for most of the game, although he did show flashes of brilliant touches, step-overs and other tricks as he always does. His fitness level clearly is not ready to play every 3-4 days in this league.

20. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    You're right. He did get a '7' from SkySports which I thought maybe was a tad generous and "ran well". Nonetheless, I think he's smart enough to know where to make the necessary adaptations and his confidence belies no small amount of steely grit, something that has surprised players who think he's mentally weak.

http://www.skysports.com/football/user_ratings/0,19768,11065_3236684,00.html

21. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well he did have Clichy hovering over him as well.

He did a night and day job on Lee compared to Traore. Still he wasnt making his usual cuts like he did the last match. It appeared the avenues of this match were concentrated down the middle.

22. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    I thought he did alright for himself. Arsenal were avoiding LCY's side of the pitch and exploiting Bolton's weakness on the right and the stayed on that side of the pitch at the latter half of the first half. Second half was helter skelter and LCY didn't assert himself too much. That may be because of fitness, lack of confidence because of language barriers, etc.. I hope he doesn't follow the PJS mold in EPL. He needs to be assertive instead of trying to play supportive role.

23. DonKnutts

DonKnutts Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I don't think that will be an issue...Bolton obviously needs LCY's creativity far more than Utd does PJS's, and Coyle has already publicly stated that he wants him to push forward. LCY is a different type of player, and I think we'll see that. I do think the first Arsenal match might be a bit of an aberration though. Time will tell.