Lee Chung-Yong @ Bolton 2012-2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by ChaDuRi671, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think we're all waiting. 9/1 is still far, far away.

2. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No chungy at the start

EDIT: Nope. No Chungy or Eagles today

3. edkwolverines

edkwolverines Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I hope his "knock" wasn't more serious than the press is making it out to be. God damn it he needs out of there.

4. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Or maybe he's "injured" the same way Rooney, Suarez, and Bale are "injured." ;) ;) Fingers crossed.

edkwolverines, olijolly and skimmilk repped this.
  5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Lets hope the 2 goals by Odelusi and goal by Hall gives em comfort that they have the wing players (wiki has Odelusi as striker but official twitter said that he's playing as inverted winger today) so that they can set LCY free.

6. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    they arent going to let him go unless they get a ridiculous offer like 6-10mil. they have no reason to offload LCY

wetcrispy repped this.
  7. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

let them keep wishing..

8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

They still have tons of holes in defense. And lost holden. Those types of players don't come cheap.

9. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i agree i just think they view LCY as indispensable until next summer

10. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Well it also stands as shocking that nobody will blow them out with a good offer because LCY is far better than players going for far more than the numbers you threw out. Its one thing not to be scouted in Korea. Another thing altogether to not be scouted in England.

11. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't see anyone paying more than 10 million pounds for Lee Chung Yong atm. His form at Bolton is less then stellar this year and Dougie is using the injury to scare away buyers.

12. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Some players don't bring that much fanfare to their game and that is one LCY, at least atm. Any move on his part would be discreet and utilitarian imo. PL teams probably can only see him as a role player.

13. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

indifferent form last season & Bolton's asking fee is probably high. he is scouted but team's are probably skeptical.

eh, Bolton played without Holden for 2+ season. Pratley, Spearing, and Mark Davis more than replaced his production.. not to mention, they have other players already.

14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

He's had no preseason and was one of the reliable people on KNT. The latter part I agree with.

LCY is the flashiest player on the pitch for the KNT. Why would he be utilitarian? He's not a grinding player.

And they didn't even make the playoffs. Mark Davies is hurt too. Who knows what form he'll be back in. Stay still and they'll be stuck in neutral and out of the hunt for promotion again.

And LCY wasn't indifferent... thats just the retroactive story. He started off rough for sure but he was by all accounts stellar through most of the second half of the season until he started running out at the tail end of the season after being ground down by DF's workload.

15. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm just trying to picture the headline where he gets a multi-million pound bid from one of the top league teams that can afford it, with the quotes from the manager saying how excited he is to introduce him into their system, and how he's going to be a great lad, a real buy that the fans will get behind as they rack up the pieces for whatever their reach goal is for the year.

16. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Not just talking about preseason but his time since the return from injury. He was good in the 2nd half but stellar isn't what i'd call his season. He missed several sitters including the one that was going to get them into playoffs. Nobody is going to pay 10 mill for Chungy with what he's shown since his injury. Bolton are inflating the price and money can be spent elsewhere. Way too risky.

17. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

For Bolton, selling LCY doesn't improve the squad. Even with the fund they get from him, I doubt it will be enough to make a big difference nor will Dougie have the freedom to spend with Bolton in debt.

As for LCY's form & based on the feedback from Bolton fans last yr... he was indifferent (since majority of us couldn't watch his games, what else can we go by?). Lacking fitness & match sharpness 1st half of the season, back on form in the 2nd half but tailed off towards the end. Difficult for teams to shell out big bucks to purchase him based on that form imo... especially for the fee Bolton is likely asking. Unless LCY & his agent is pushing for a move... I don't expect him to transfer. :cry: However, I hope I am proven wrong :D

18. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If not LCY, then no KPA then

19. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    6m could buy a pair of good players

They're not broke which is why they've held onto LCY this whole time. All the debt is owed to the owner. They just bought the hotel on the grounds just to give an idea of finances

His form follows what you'd expect for a player coming off an injury like LCYs

20. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Totally granted but players that face the drop are like used goods, the only ones that transfer their way out are divas and darlings. A move to buy a player on the block usually signifies an uninspired move on the part of a club, a utility acquisition.

He could make a lateral move to another league perhaps, if he requests out?

21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I have no idea what you're taking about. Podolski dropped and got picked up by arsenal.

22. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Podolski was already a world-famous player for the German National Team. Even a casual fan like me knew he was before he played for Arsenal... Not to mention he was a striker who scored goals, both Loic Remy and Arouna Kone made it back to the PL because they were strikers who scored goals.

I'll admit that I'm wrong, I was just kinda vibing it. In any case if LCY just plays well and stands out a little more someone will notice and pick him up. I think the consensus is that he hasn't had enough of a chance yet to do that.

23. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  24. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  25. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/spor...usi_and_Rob_Hall_in_wings_as_Eagles_is_doubt/