ledley king player of the season

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by dannythomas, Apr 11, 2009.

1. dannythomas

dannythomas Member

Mar 10, 2009
    jenkintown pa
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know everyone thinks it should be Lennon. But look at the stats for Ledley King.

With Ledley W 9 D 4 L6

Without Ledley W 2 D 4 L 7

Pretty overwhelming evidence of his importance I would say. European form with him , relegation form without him .Yet earlier this season there were so many posts saying he should retire...

2. arak0r

arak0r Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Wareham, MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    dunno if id say player of the season but clearly he is an integral part of that defense, if hes healthy we're so much better off

3. calmanalysis

calmanalysis Member

Aug 16, 2008
    NYC
    Even at this point, still the second best defender in England in my opinion - as much as I dislike doing so, I have to give Rio the nod.

4. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The stats have always been like that for Ledley, by the end of the season it will be an even bigger difference in points per game percentage with him and without him.

Remains by far the most important player in our team.

5. LedleybetterthanSol

Jun 16, 2004
    Gold Coast/Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    As much as I love the bloke it has to be Lennon. Here's to many more games with Ledley in the team.

6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ledley is massive for Spurs. It does not matter where he plays, he is always good...when healthy. Remember that season when he played DM for half he season? EngNT tried him there he was so good. Without a doubt, Ledley will always be important for Spurs. It is more a matter who else performs well when LK is not playing/injured.

7. Yid_Army99

Yid_Army99 Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Well put. Honestly I'd wait till the end of the season to declare the player of the season though. Who knows what could happen :D

8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Bent scores another 20 goals between now and the end of the season, maybe...;)

9. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    if he really does that, we need to sell him off for 30 million at the end of the season...there won't be another time when we can earn a profit from him. :p

10. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would have to say Lennon. He has been the most dynamic for us and I think without him we would be in serious trouble. Ledley is the leader but for me this year it has to be Lennon.

11. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The with/without Ledley stats must be pretty close to the Redknapp/Ramos stats, since 'Arry loves using him and Ramos... well who knows what Ramos thought about Ledley. So I don't think you can give Ledders all the credit. I am very happy with the current back 4 as I expect we all are.

12. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I think Johnnie Jackson has had a strong season, but Tarrico shades it for me. He's been immense!

13. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    please. if johnnie jackson were having a strong season, barcelona wouldn't be leading la liga.