Lecce vs Juventus [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by SueB, Nov 14, 2004.

1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    It's possible this game could be postponed because of field conditions, but here is Juventus' probable lineup anyway:

Buffon
    Pessotto
    Thuram
    Cannavaro
    Zambrotta
    Camoranesi
    Emerson
    Blasi
    Olivera
    Del Piero
    Ibrahimovic

It has a familiar look to it, with only Olivera's presence in place of the suspended Nedved, changing things up.

On the bench: Chimenti, Kapo, Ferrara, Tudor, Appiah, Zalayeta, Montero.

This game is interesting because Lecce's coach Zdenek Zeman has been critical of all things Juventus in the past. In particular, he's been quite vocal in his accusations of doping. In fact, there is an on-going investigation of these allegations.

Regardless of that, it should be an interesting game because Lecce has been quite a scoring threat this season, particularly on the counter. Hopefully, Juve's defense is up to it.

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Sounds like the decision has been made to go ahead with the game.

3. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm glad to hear that. GolTV in 10 minutes...

4. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    I have rai so i am on in like 10 minutes to. My prediction for the game will be 2-0 Juve. I just think this because We have yet to see the likes of BOjinov score against great teams like Juve or Milan. Anyways 2-0 Juve both goals scored from Del PIero just because he wants revenge on Zeman for those allegations.

5. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The pitch is awful! Lifeguards have been posted on both ends to prevent players from drowning.

6. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Thats 1-0 for my boy so far nice goal alex. Controlled it nice took 1 player out than shot it nice.

7. tabramos10

tabramos10 New Member

Jul 1, 2001
    SLC
    This might sound dumb, but where the hell is Nedved? And why is the yahoo broadcast of this game telling me the game hasn't started when it has?

8. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Nedved is suspended right now because he has had 2 bookings over the course of 2 games. It doesnt really matter because Olivera has proved that he can take nedveds place. The thing i like most about juve is just this. WHen it seems 1 player is out or even 2 Juve still proves that they can win. They dont base the team around 1 player.

9. tabramos10

tabramos10 New Member

Jul 1, 2001
    SLC
    True, true. I didn't realize 2 cards in 2 games = suspension. Is that just an Italian thing or have I somehow missed that being common in several leagues?

10. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    No, no its in all leauges because fifa and uefa set the rules for soccer so when one rule applies it applies to all leagues.

11. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm amazed that this match is as interesting as it is considering the flooded pitch. Actually, I'm a little disappointed because I was excited to finally see the attacking offense that Lecce has been sporting this season. Just another reason, why I have loved following Serie A on GolTv this season and also my 1st season being able to see the matches (instead of reading about them).

12. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    And thats all she wrote boys it seems this year the only teams near he top are Juve and Milan what else would you expect. Juve seems to have dominated the first while lecce took a cooler look at the 2nd. But thats life. I wonder what Zeman will say about Del Piero now. Maybe he will say that Del Piero took some drugs before he played and thats why he scored.

13. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    GUys someone on another forum said that Del Piero got injured in the 59 is this true or was he jus talking trash. Because i saw the Olivier Kapo camo on the 63 but it said nothing of Del Piero getting hurt.

14. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    channel4.com reports that he "limped off with a muscular problem". Since this happens to him every couple of games, I'm not that worried. It might've been more precautionary because of the bad field. Just means he certainly won't be selected for Italy's midweek game (if Lippi was even thinking of it). He wouldn't have been playing in next week's Coppa games anyway. So he has a couple of weeks to work it off before Inter.

15. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    Really, I assumed he just got 5 yellows for the season.

I thought two yellows in two games or similar was for CL matches and the like, not leagues.

I have not noticed this in the EPL or Ligue 1, can anyone shed light on this.

16. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    You get a suspension after every 4 yellow cards in Serie A.

17. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    boy, that was a real slopfest today - that field looked like a carrot patch by the end

18. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think those broadcasts are only supposed to be available 24 hours after the game.

19. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    A close match but with a good outcome...

20. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    3 points is 3 points... the pitch was like a swamp it looks like.

[​IMG]