Leave for Israel in 24 hours

Discussion in 'Israel' started by CrewToon, Nov 8, 2003.

1. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Attn KYHS and Kappa

Mrs. Toon and I are leaving about 2 p.m. EST for Israel. We arrive Monday afternoon.

I am hoping to catch one match while there, assuming Putz, erm I mean Peretz doesn't go through with the general strike.

We will be in Jerusalem most of the time.

I suppose the MaccabiTA-Beitar derby is that weekend, but at the worst case, I'll go to the Hapoel J match at Teddy.

Any ideas from either of you, let me know ASAP.

2. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Enjoy!!! :)

This would intresting...
    Bring us back some pics...

what i can tell you to do is tourist things, but does it have any intrest to you?

KYHS is in the army, and im near the U.S if you know what i mean :D

Cheers...

show some pics as well!!!

3. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bruchim haBa'im

Crewtoon-

Welcome (back) to the holyland! Here are some interesting sporting events going on in Israel:

1. Maccabi Tel-Aviv vs. Beitar Jerusalem: This is probably going to be the biggest game of the weekend. Avi Nimni, former Atl. Madrid player and Tel-Aviv icon, will play his first match for Beitar Jerusalem. The match is going to be played the 15th (Saturday) at Bloomfield Stadium. You can catch the 405 bus straight from the central bus station in Jerusalem to the central bus station in Tel-Aviv. Then take bus 44(?) which should take you through Jaffa to the stadium, get off when you see a McDonald's on your left hand side, then ask where the stadium is. The bus will say Bat-Yam but it goes to the stadium first.

2. Ashdod SC vs. Maccabi Haifa: Haim Revivo and co. take on Valencia shockers, Maccabi Haifa. The game will be played at the 11th neigborhood stadium also on Saturday. The 438 bus from Jerusalem central bus station will take you to Ashdod central bus station. Just grab a taxi for about NIS 15 which is about $3.00 to the stadium.

3. Hapoel Jerusalem vs. Hapoel Ra'anana: Okay, this might be an option for you because of the proximity. Warning though, a taxi from downtown Jerusalem to Teddy Kollek stadium might cost anywhere from NIS 30 to NIS 40. Under no circumstances pay more than NIS 50. I would ask for the meter if he wants more than fifty, then whatever he does tell him that he took a slow route, so that he will feel pressured to be honost. The quickest route is the Menahem Begin Boulevard highway.

4. Maccabi Tel-Aviv vs. Hapoel Jerusalem: Okay this is a basketball match but the atmosphere is excellent and these are some of the best teams Israel has to offer. The game will be played at the Nokia Arena in Tel-Aviv, formerly Yad-Eliyahu. Take the bus to Tel-Aviv and then a taxi. you can order tickets by credit card just call Bezeq information (144) and ask for Maccabi Tel-Aviv basketball.

4. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Re: Bruchim haBa'im

5. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saturday

Shabbos ends at about 17:30 Jerusalem Standard Time. He can make it to at least one of the four Saturday games:

Maccabi Ahi Nazareth vs. Hapoel Be'er Sheva at 14:45 (2:45pm) at Eilot Stadium.

Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv vs. Hapoel Tel-Aviv at 17:30 (5:30pm), haTikva Quarter Stadium.

Maccabi Petah-Tikva vs. Bnei Sakhnin at 18:30 (6:30pm), Ramat Gan.

Maccabi Tel-Aviv vs. Beitar Jerusalem at 19:45 (7:45pm), Bloomfield Stadium.

One will take place on Sunday, Ashdod Sport Club vs. Maccabi Haifa at the 11th neigborhood stadium in Ashdod, 20:50 (8:50pm). Then on Monday there will be Maccabi Netanya vs. Hapoel Petah-Tikva at 20:35 (8:35pm), Sar-Tov Stadium in Netanya. By the way, did anyone see Netanya's new stadium that they are building for 2006? Unbelievable, it was designed by English architechts.

6. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Re: Saturday

One will take place on Sunday, Ashdod Sport Club vs. Maccabi Haifa at the 11th neigborhood stadium in Ashdod, 20:50 (8:50pm). Then on Monday there will be Maccabi Netanya vs. Hapoel Petah-Tikva at 20:35 (8:35pm), Sar-Tov Stadium in Netanya. By the way, did anyone see Netanya's new stadium that they are building for 2006? Unbelievable, it was designed by English architechts. [/B][/QUOTE]

Just tell him to take a freaking Cab ride to Tel Aviv and see the Beitar game! It cost 60 shekels from Tel Aviv to Herzelia, so im thinking from jerusalem to Tel aviv would be around 140-150 shekels..not bad actually...It cost 240 from Haifa to Tel Aviv...

so let him take a cab..its better and the competiton is hire in shabbos....

Also...tell us more about the new stadium? I never heard of it? How much will it sit? is it new? any pictures?

make a freakin new thread!