Least favorite player of all time: Carlos Tevez

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by RiverGaucho, Oct 24, 2015.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Who is your least favorite player of all time? For me there is no question: its carlos "the butcher" tevez

Many people think this guy is the "player of the people" but he's a scum. He recently broke a guy's leg with a horrible tackle, and didn't even get a foul called. He is favored by the AFA and the media because he came from a shanty town.

He is always being lobbied to be a starter in the national team. He actually has the worst ever scoring record in the history of the argentine national team. 1 goal in 22 games. The guy is a menace. He is also a terrible, terrible person. He sang against the national team, he said playing for the national team takes away your prestige. The guy is a cancer.

2. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'd like to think that anyone who followed the old NASL and wasn't a Cosmos fan will be hard pressed to find a player who got under their skin more than Giorgio Chinaglia did.
    Hugo, Figo, Kahn, CR7, Mourinho... as much as I've despised these and others over the years, none of them can hold a torch to Chinaglia. Most arrogant and selfish player I can ever remember, probably in any sport in any era.

3. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    lol at putting opener's choice - Tevez - to the thread title :eek::ROFLMAO:

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  6. annoyedbyneedoflogin

Juventus Football Clube Ajax Mineiro de Deportes
    Jun 11, 2012
    this thread is getting nice and colorful. let me introduce the biggest a-hole in modern football:

"- I told Onyewu I did not trash talk, but he just kept on. He shushed me with his finger. Then he did it again. I saw red. I didn’t say anything, not a word. That b****** was going to find out how I trash-talk!

- The next time he got the ball in training, I rushed towards him and jumped up with my feet and studs out in front — the worst type of tackle. But he saw me and leapt out of the way.

- As we both crashed to the ground, my first thought was: ‘S**t! I’ve missed!’ As I got up and walked away I felt a blow to my shoulder. Not a good idea, Oguchi Onyewu.

- I headbutted him, and we flew at each other. We wanted to tear each other limb from limb. It was brutal. We were rolling around, punching and kneeing each other. We were crazy and furious — it was like life and death.

- Afterwards, the weirdest thing happened. Onyewu started praying to God with tears in his eyes, making the sign of the cross. This felt like a provocation, and I got more furious.

- I was stopped by my team-mates, and I suppose that was a good thing. It could have turned out nasty.
    - All the time, I was thinking: my chest hurts,’ so we had it checked out. I’d broken a rib in the fight."

Puskas 1988 and giles varley repped this.
  7. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I ve read stories about Chenaglia .. but i ve only really saw him play for italy against engand.. wonder why he was such a w**ker ? Maybe its because he spent his childhood in Wales..!! Lol
    He was a very good player from what i ve
    heard...

8. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I can't stand that cheater Busquets. Him and Pepe, during the Mourinho vs Pep era were some of the dirtiest El Clasicos I've ever seen.

Lockeroom repped this.
  9. Puskas 1988

Puskas 1988 Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I can't stand arrogant, megalomaniac footballers when they are also violent, disrespectful and in for a brawl. And I really hate unsportmanship.

That's why yeah, I really, really dislike Ibrahimovic, Cassano (especially in his youth, a complete and total a-hole) and others along the same lines. Players like Ibra would start a fight just because they are bigger than you and think they are always right. I hope he does meet somebody bigger and stronger in one match. That would be fun to watch.

I mean, I remember the first time I heard about Ibra (it was 2003 or something) the commentator explained that just some match earlier he fougjt with everybody in the team because he wanted to take a penalty (he was not much more than a teenager at the time) while everybody else wanted another teammate to take it (I think it was this guy's 100th cap or something). In the end Ibra took the penalty. Aaaand that's the first thing I came to know about him. It couldn't go well.

Compare with Del Piero, captain and most celebrated player of the team, being awarded a penalty in the last game of 2007-08 Serie A. He has scored 20 goals that season, his teammate Trezeguet and Genoa's Borriello 19. He could become Serie A topscorer for the first time in his career.But he tells his partner Trezeguet to take the penalty, "because it would be great to be top goalscorer together".

Can you spot the five small differences?

annoyedbyneedoflogin repped this.
  10. Puskas 1988

Puskas 1988 Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Oh, this should almost go without saying, but among "historical" players Daniel Passarella was a horrible, horrible person. Not only was he a mischievous and violent (albeit extremely talented) player, he was also close to the Argentine dictatorship and was the generals' public face in football.

When he became a coach, he kept showing everybody what his ideas were, banning players with long hair, earrings and homosexuals from the national team. What a freakin' w***er.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  11. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I do not dispute the general point but as you said it was easy for Del Piero. He would only share his accolade, it doesn't take the accolade away. Later in the match, with Trezeguet still playing, they received another penalty and Del Piero took that one. Through that penalty he finished one goal ahead in the table. No disrespect though, I liked him more as a player than his predecessor Baggio (very few remember he was almost a non-entity in the continental awards prior to 1993 - generally I didn't like the player as much).
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/baggio-gets-lippi-in-print-1.338163

12. Puskas 1988

Puskas 1988 Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yep, I know he took the following penalty and ended up as overall top goalscorer but that wasn't his fault, was it? I consider it a sort of divine justice ;)

Anyway yeah, my point is that he was (and has always been) an extremely fair and generous players, and I was contrasting that particular episode with Ibrahimovic. And technically giving away that penalty could have cost him the title, Borriello would have played the day after and he was only one goal behind him at that point. What if he scored a brace?

Can you picture Zlatan "I'm god" Ibrahimovic doing that? :D

13. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What do people think of Roy Keane? Highly respected, but an absolute psycho who set out to intentionally badly injure other players.

14. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Andrea Pirlo believe it or not

15. Puskas 1988

Puskas 1988 Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Really??