League Week 7

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Helghallen, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    4-0 at the half. My CD scored.

2. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i lost 3-2 with 10 minutes left!!!!

3. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    My team earned a 1-1 draw... very good result for the first match, but I sure am glad I am training Scoring because my midfield was rock solid and I had 56% of the possesion and I only managed 1 goal... I am upset about this, but I suppose a point in the end is not all that bad... Good thing, is a trainee scored our goal after comming on as a substitute winger...

4. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I survived after pulling back the troops due to an EARLY 2-0 lead. Won it 3-2. No real surprises this week in my series. Knew it would be relatively close since it was away, but hoped it wasn't that close. Next week, I host this team in my newly expanded 30k stadium.

As expected, my striker earned his 3rd yellow so he'll have to sit out in favor of a striker I really want to play opposite my stud striker. The only reason the 3rd yellow striker is playing is that he's in the lead for the scoring title. Will be watching with much interest how my 'new' striker plays with the stud.

Halfway through the season, I'd not have expected the div IV relegee to be in third behind Final Strike and me. That and both of the Div VI promotees have earned their keep by handling the lesser teams of my series.

5. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Be grateful for the result. Hattrick always has some WTF results. Just ask Kopite. Un-effing-believable.

6. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4-0 win... my midfield was just barely better... fortunately my attack ratings were all over his... Bad news is I lost one of my very important inner mids... I have to play this same guy next week. =/

Hopefully I can sell this 19 year old passable keeper for a decent amount of coin to bring in some reinforcements. (I need another solid mid anyway)

I have the worst luck with injuries. I've had like six or seven in the last two weeks... LONG term injuries too.

7. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    I just checked. I have hit POE!!!!!!

It should be interesting to see how my midfield performs this week.

8. Spiro_In_San_Jose

Spiro_In_San_Jose New Member

Apr 18, 2003
    San Jose
    I signed up for HT last season about this time. (week 7ish) I quickly upgraded my stadium to 15000 capacity when I was awarded my team and am riding a four game winning streak. I sold out for the first time this week in my 4-1 win. My twenty y/o striker had a hattrick and I was wondering what you guys think I should do about my stadium? I read earlier about someone having a 30000 stadium. Is that a good capacity to jump to right now and just double all my seats? Discuss.

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I won 4-2, a hattrick from a middie who has wretched scoring.

10. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow... nice win Kuhn... congrats to the winners, tough luck to the losers and it seems as im the only person who drew this week... um when should I upgrade... I have the basic 7000 and my first home game is next week... I only have 503 supporters so I figure I could probably wait until next season to expand seeing as I have a decent shot of getting promoted as the guy I dominated today for the draw is in the lead in my conference...

11. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AAGunner3's arena expansion for dummys says, "If you sell out against the last place team, it's probably past time for you to upgrade. If you sell out against the 4th place team, you would likely sell out against #'s 1, 2 and 3 too. You should then seriously consider expansion."

-

I've been unable to improve my spirit and have only be able to hold at satisfied come game time.

12. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    Won 7-0. Still in 6th, but I should be able to move up into 4th after next week's games.

13. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    ugh, real tough 4-3 loss.....was down 3-0 and battled back to tie...only to let up a goal around 80....and the final note of the game was my player hitting the crossbar....

that was at home, gonna be tough next week vs same opponent on the road...

14. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Even with 503 supporters, expanding would be in your best interest. If you visit Hatrix they have a program which will help you determine the best size to use for your stadium. Hattrick buddy has one as well. i prefer the percentages that buddy uses better, BTW.

My recommendation would be to expand in the neighborhood of 13K seats. Make sure to use the "golden rule" percentages: Terraces 62.5%. Basic seats 25%. Seats under roof 10%. VIP seating 2.5%.

15. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    I scored a vital upset away from home, 4-1 against Street Walkers. The win pushed me into 2nd place with a 4-1-2 (13 pts) record at the season midpoint. I never expected to be in this position after getting only 1 point after the first 3 matches, but my players responded with a 4 game win streak (2 wins away from home).

Looking at the ratings, me winning 4-1 is a bit harsh. I think my titanic midfield rating up against his outstanding made the difference. He was counter-attacking, but it just didn't pan out for him. But after losing 7-0 earlier in the season in a complete sham of a match, I'll take this win guilt-free.

:)

Panther City FC
    II.3 - USA

16. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seriously I got the WTF result this week, here is my 3 man backline:

Right Side Defence: passable
    Central Defence: excellent
    Left Side Defence: formidable

Here is his one forward (he played 4-5-1)

Right Side Attack: wretched
    Central Attack: poor
    Left Side Attack: poor

Errr ... he scored 3, I got nothing.

Ok, you're thinking he won the midfield. No, wrong, I had 55% possession in the first half, 65% in the second.

And for the last 25 minutes he played with 10 men after a headbutt on one of my players.

WTF!!!???

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahhh those wonderful WTF games... Don't you just hate them so much. But that's a big WTF when his attack has wretched and poor for their ratings, that's just plan wrong on hattrick, maybe the hattrick gods just don't like you mark