League Dominance Temporarily Over?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Manck, Jul 10, 2005.

1. runningman

runningman Member

Feb 7, 2005
    East Dallas
    I am still unsure about the Burn's "League Dominance." While 7-0 against teams <.500 tells us that the Burn is taking care of business, a modest 3-2-3 record against teams >=.500 makes me skeptical about the true dominance of this team.

It is still a commendable record considering these results are all gotten from waking up at the away-city of the week's Motel 6, but when the Motel 6 is in Chiva-Town, the Mormon Tabernacle and the Rocky Mountains, it curbs my enthusiasm.

The second half will tell us more than the first. I look forward to big happenings.

2. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
    That far exceeds the price threshold of CBC membership. Wow. I get a twelver of Lone Star for the same price as your sixer.

Ouch,

3. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Go to MLSnet.com. Click on the stats link. Then click on the various seasons statistics. They are buried towards the bottom.

4. Armis36

Armis36 Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't even know they still made Lone Star. Wow, learn something new every day.

5. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a hypothetical exercise.....

Home Games: 6
    record: 5-0-1

Road games: 10
    record: 5-2-3

(W-L-T off MLSnet)

While I didn't break it down on home versus road and the record of such teams... the 2 losses and 3 ties 2-2-3 against >.500 seems to obviously be all on the road (with perhaps one at home).

So in the second half there will be 10 home games and 6 road games...
    so double the home first for 10 wins and 2 ties... and half the raod (I will even assume poor road) is 2 wins 2 loss and 1 tie... for a second half total of 12-2-3... and a season total of 22-4-7. Hell give them 2 home losses if you like and it's still 20-6-7 record.

Not bad.

then again the Revs have only one more home game thatn FCD in the first half. It will be a fun second half.

Revs and FCD are both undefeated at home, and unlike LA they have strong road recrod, almost indentical in fact. ne's 4-2-3 against fcd's 5-2-3.

I call that a two horse race.

6. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
    You obviously have not seen me at a tailgate recently! Cheap Brew Crew REPRESENT...

7. runningman

runningman Member

Feb 7, 2005
    East Dallas
    Yes, a two horse race.

I guess it would help if we still had Islamico. <rim shot>

8. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, NE has two losses to similar teams. In fact, I would argue that Dallas' losses have been to better teams than NE. (Chicago is even for both except that Dallas played a more complete Chicago team than NE, and we lost to an LA team that was at home playing at the top of their game and they lost to DC who was having quite a week.)

But overall - compared to the results the rest of the league is getting, hell yeah we're dominating. It isn't even a question.

9. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Which is a lot like how Rolling Rock is priced out here, and in Penn. its considered swill.