League Dominance Temporarily Over?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Manck, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
    Sh!tcago beat the Revs 1-0 tonight, bumping their point total up to 35, one point ahead of the Superhoops' 34.

Should we worry about our league dominance!??!

(Please realize that a. I'm just bored and wanted to stir y'all up and b. Sh!tcago has played 19 league games to reach 35, while FC Dallas has played 16 league games to reach 34)

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think everyone here can agree that Chicago sucks...that is all...

and I actually was glad New England lost, because in the long run they're going to be our competition for supporters shield and now they lost the same amount as us and don't look any more tough than us. I still say we beat them next weekend but thats just me.

3. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    well its easy to lead the league when youve played 18 more games than everyone else

4. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, both teams were pretty depleated - much more than we have been over the past month. (I think both teams were without four or five starters each.)

My sign about our dominance leads me to look to the HDC. Notice Ruiz' hat trick?

I can't wait for him to get here (of course, only after he has done all he can for Guatemala.) He is going to be so hungry.... and the team is so much in synch now. Hopefully CC doesn't do anything to mess with the chemistry other than bring Ruiz into the lineup.

And when EJ is match fit?

And when Mark Wilson gets on the pitch for us?

Nah, as good as we've been, we still have a ways to go up on the ladder.

That makes me as giddy as a schoolgirl.

5. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say we aggressively go after what the game gives us. More often than not this season, that has been an offensive attack, and with what NE has left right now, we may have that in Foxboro on Saturday.

But keeping them from getting the full three is just as important, imo.

6. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at this game.

All I can say is when you take the top 3 or 4 players off a MLS team the quality come WAY down. It was like 1996 all over again.

Take a look at the 11 off both teams in this game, just awful.
    NE couldn't hold the ball more than 3 seconds without Noonan, Ralston, Dempsey, etc. And don't think Chicago wasn't just a bad off, they won cause of Rolfe and Mapp at least have a little something.

And it was a deserved win for the Fire, they were far better tonight.

And man did they waste money on that Rieter guy.

7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't that exactly what Dallas has done for the past month (Mulrooney, Johnson, Ruiz, Vanney) and still gotten results?

8. brandnew_de

brandnew_de Member

Jun 18, 2005
    CT
    Not trolling, but I think the real death blow (depth blow?) for the Revs was losing Shalrie Joseph to caution points. Without him the midfield was just disorganised and disjointed. One really doesn't take into account what he does in the midfield until he isn't there anymore. He'll be back for the game next Saturday and he may be a key factor.

9. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not trolling in the least - that is a great observation. Other than Simo, I think Shalrie Joseph is one of the most underrated players in the league.

That will be a very interesting matchup in the middle of the park.

10. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why yes it is.

And it is exactly why those who have been able to actually see Dallas do it has been impressed.

11. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That comment wasn't about results. It was about quality.

NE most of the year has not gotten results beyond ties when missing guys.
    BUt that is not what I was talking about.

What I was talking about was the overall skill level. There was too many guys that were just boot it up the field. Not enough ball movement and possesion... just ugly (ie 1996) soccer.

12. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    completely agree. I didn't know that he was out for points I just knew he was missing along with the others.

He is a top notch player and I voted for him on all-star team.

13. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We missed you too, Mike.

So, how about that Lubos guy y'all signed there, Seagroves? He seems to be money well spent. Almost as good as on Andy Herron.

14. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mike, all these years and I still cry myself to sleep over your posts :(

15. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    I'd hardly call it deserved, but they did manage to make the most of their opportunities... something New England had, but couldn't come through on.

The Magpie

16. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a great deal of respect for you Mags, but on this one you are wearing Revs colored glasses. Last time I checked I am a neutral party in this one and I was there.

Fire had the ball the entire time, Revs couldn't posses for more than about 10 seconds and the only times they crossed midfield were booted ball to TnT or the tall dude who's touch was worse than mine. There was never a single string of passes or build up by NE into the offensive third.

I wanted to write something comparing Res on this day to 2003 Dallas Burn but I couldn't stand the memories.

The Revs are fantastic with all their pieces (see previous two Revs/Fire games), but the fire were much better this day.

17. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how 'bout that Matt Reis though? even if you are down 4 or 5 starters, you've got a chance as long as he stops PKs like that. what was it he said to earn the yellow? I was watching the game on mlsnet without volume because I had a Buffett album on. :rolleyes:

18. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    This was a 4/5-0 game from the run of play but big Matt was BIG. NE fans should send BA a thank you card.

19. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx

I like your style, tell me you had a drink in hand.

20. brandnew_de

brandnew_de Member

Jun 18, 2005
    CT
    Not sure entirely, but something along the lines of "you **********ing suck!" :cool:

21. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was big. Best keeper in MLS so far this year.

22. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    does anyone know (or know where to find) stats for keepers facing PKs (non-shootout)? I remember last year, I think in the quarterfinals, when Reis stopped two in one game, and I seem to remember him stopping at least a few others besides. he seems to have a knack for it. 'course he hasn't played nearly as many games as an Onstad or a Meola, but I can't help but wonder what those stats look like.

I'm afraid no 'boat drinks' were in hand at the time, texas_arsenal, but I had a beer when I watched the US/Canada game. does that count?

23. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Was it a cheap beer?

24. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, I'm from funkytown (Ft Worth) and we have a Ft Worth-based brew here called Rahr & Sons that is pretty tough to find. even if you're from the Metroplex I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't heard of it. I hadn't heard of it until a couple of months ago (coincidentally it has only been 7 months since my 21st birthday), and then I had the hardest time tracking it down. finally a friend and I found the stuff for sale at Central Market, and it's about 6 bucks per six-pack, but it's not bad at all. really!

25. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    $6 per six, huh? I'm sorry but I can not offer you membership in the CBC. But you are young....you have time to learn.