LDU Quito v Club America [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by fdp, May 24, 2008.

1. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Besides hitting the post, the most definitive chance to score was when Guerron took the shot instead of passing it to a wide open man ready to tap it in. What a selfish move by Guerron.

2. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

He didnt say slaughter, he said desplumamos. Basically, like a chicken, we cut your head off in el Azteca where you started running like crazy, and died here in Quito, were we in fact, los desplumamos.... no biggie.

BTW, gotta put this for the Mexies....a lo mero mero macho no???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS7O9...eature=related

THanks to Sebas for the Link

3. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And add another good goal opportunity... damn!.. LDU could have scored so many times...

Yes ! good recall ... I was insulting the shit out of Guerron when I saw that .. I admit that it was a selfish move on his part.. did you see his team mate just fall to the ground as if trying to tell him that he was open and that he ********ed it up.. oh well ...

I second this post by Manolo:

4. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You know. It seemed like one of those nights when things worked quite well until a certain point and desperation played its part. Guerron placed passes all day except for the two times when he should have to Bieler and the Delgado, but didnt. Salas was close, but not close enough, Same with Manso. As for Bieler, he has the heart and he does move around enough to keep the mark on him and open spaces for other players, but that sometimes is not enough....terrible blooper there...

Perhaps this allows for all begginers errors to come out in these matches and help us come together in a great way for the Final Games.

5. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Well, at least the Costa Ricans have some legitimacy, having two teams who have played well against Mexican opposition in recent times. If they had invites to the Copa Libertadores I'm sure they'd do well. Saprissa and Alajuelense have done well the few times they've faced South American opposition, except for the 2006 Copa Sudamericana thrashing Colo Colo gave to Alajuelense. But Colo Colo was actually good back then. ;)

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    colo colo still good....aren't they playing for the championship in chile this week!???

back to the game: salas and guerron exagerated the same finta or the famous robinho move.....they need to quit that move and look for team mates more often....other than that I saw America hitting hard and the commentator going along with the 'artes dramaticas' excuse every time......pist pist
    pist

7. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Alajuelense at the momment, no.

Saprissa and Herediano, yes. I could see them getting past the first round. :cool:

8. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Too bad there wasn't another channel to see the game through. I swear the Mexican commentators are one of the most biased ones I have heard.

At least the Argentinian ones are still proffesional. I understand commentators will root for certain teams (because it is their favorite team or someone from the same country) but at least the Argentinian ones will shout "gol" for the opposition also. The Mexicans? "huh de Quito........"

9. el Rafaa

el Rafaa Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Somewhere in MA
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

he was just trying to make himself feel better... hahahahaha

10. This Magic Moment

This Magic Moment New Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Not saying your teams aren't good, but it's just easy to talk trash behind a curtain. This is just my observation as a neutral, whatever problems you have with the Mexicans is entirely yours.

11. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Colo Colo blew the 2-0 advantage they had in the home game. Gallinearon de lo lindo... Everton won 3-0 and is the new Chilean Champion. :(

12. bandito1981

bandito1981 New Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Caldwell, Idaho
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    and you would have a problem with mexicans celebrating a mexican team winning the libertadores because????.........................

beat us cause we cheer for a team from our country
    if you don't root for your rivals team from your country that's good for you
    i can't bash you for that
    even if mexicans don't cheer for their rivals team even thought it's still a mexican club that's fine by me
    but to bash mexicans for rooting for teams from mexico is pretty stupid

13. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I have a problem with anyone that cheers for their most hated rivals, regardless with where your from.

I am a Sao Paulo and Olimpia fan and I would never even dream of cheering for pieces of crap like Corinthians and Cerro Porteno.

Sorry but anyone that cheers their most hated rival ain't a true fan of their team.

14. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    True.

There's a fine line between cheering for your rival, and cheering for a team from your country.

15. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Shut up Noob! you are an Idiot ! why don't you watch baseball ... you obviously dont know shite about Amor por la camiseta... if your a SAWKER fan who is your club??? part-time fans like you make me sick.....

16. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i agree i would never cheer for barcelona from Ecuador or el deportivo quito the two teams i hate with a passion, bandito1981 is a d!ck rider fan goes for any team thats on top :mad:

17. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I gotta disagree. I dont support the other teams, but I am Ecuadorian, and perhaps in Argentina, havign so many teams winning Libertadores, it is different. But here, it would be our first, and I did support Barcelona when they where almost there in 1990, obviously, I didnt have 2 % of the passion and support I have for Liga today. But I was still hoping they did well.

18. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    BTW, I read somewhere about how Mexican National Team was the best and that we would see on the game last night...what happened? 4-1....

ANd ab out what I said before. I will however not be supportive of any other ecuadorian team winning it if we take it this year.

19. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Ploperoonie :D

20. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Exactly, I wouldn't mind Libertad or Santos doing well and would probably pull for them against any team from any other country (but if they lost I wouldn't lose sleep either), but when you cheer for your most hated rival just because it's from your country it's downright pathetic.

Seeing those Chivas fans ride America's nuts in the Libertadores, made me sick to my stomach. At least I know there are some America fans that would never cheer for Chivas, so my respect to them.

21. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Of course you don't cheer for your rival. I don't understand the logic of some people...

I'll give an example. My team is Santiago Wanderers and their archrival is Everton, who played the final of the Chilean tourney against Colo Colo. Now, everyone who is Chilean and NOT a Colo Colo fan hates Colo Colo. Everton, a team from outside Santiago, had a good chance of becomng a champion and this is actually a good thing for our futbol since it descentralizes things a little from the capital.

Well, let's just say it depressed me greatly when Everton won and I could equal it to the feeling of when my team was thrown to second division. It hasn't been a week and I still feel like shit over it, actually.

Now, I'm not saying I disagree with people that don't feel this way about their team... but I certainly don't understand it.

22. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I wouldnt either. But I am not talking about local tournament. Im talking aobut a tournament were no Ecuadorian would have won before. Big example, at this current time I am enjoying the complete failure Barcelona team and management are this year, specially after all the bullshit talk, and specially after getting a 3-1 deliverd to their own stadium. I did however hope they won libertadoes in 1998 for Ecuador.

23. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    An un named European club offered $15 million for him but America rejected the offer.

It's not that he doesn't want to leave it's that they don't want to let him go.

24. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I think we know who the real conmebolas are :D

25. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Are you crazy? Why would you want your hated rival to win a major cup before your team does? They wouldn't let you hear the end of it.

As an Olimpia fan it's always fun to rub in Cerrista's faces how we won the Libertadores already and they haven't and the same goes to Corinthians fans as a SPFC supporter.