LDU Quito, Part 3 (r)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by Gourcuff_07, Nov 26, 2010.

1. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Jonathan Gonzales declined becuase of injuries and then it really went down for him when it came to light that he faked his age and is really a year and a half older he is still only 26 right now but he def gone from the NT.

Gabriele Cortez is still only 25 if he gets it together he can still come back or at least I hope he does.

Stieven Plaza i feel sorry for him he is crazily plagued by injuries.it really not his fault when he is healthy and gets even 15 min of playing time he shows his talent i follow the training videos everything when he is on the feild he manages to impress he really just need to shake off injuries. I still have hopes for him.

Cabeza i really dont know why he didnt succeed ive never really seen any report of injuries from any of his teams in Itally they mentioned his coach wanting to give him time to adapt so maybe he just couldnt adapt to el Exterior and has poor mentality. He is still young but I doubt he reaches the potential he once showed.

Orejuela is the same as Luis Caicedo couldnt adapt to el Exterior and his father got sick and he wanted to leave Brazil immediately it affected him on the feild and played really poorly in the finals for Brasileao he left on bad term with his team mate hasnt been the same since. He still 27 but he needs to leave BSC and with all the mid fielders we got coming up it gonna be hard for him to reappear on the nt radar.

Arturo Mina was in really good form 2 seasons ago and I vouched for him repeatedly. He was one of the best CB in the league getting XI of the week every week the best player in his team and having really good matches against the bigger teams in the lague. Last season he didnt match that and even lost his starting position at times his team got relegated and now this season he in a team that just got promoted and has been a little inconsistent he got benched a few times he gets decent playing time now but nothing like before where you can say he one of the best in the league. He 30 now so maybe he just slowing down due to age. Not sure if Alfaro will consider him soon or if we will even need to.

2. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I agree this is why our gk call up is constantly changing to me Jairo Padilla was the most promising and well rounded but it sucks that he left El Nacho on bad terms and has Covid now. He in Delfin now they still has that Venezuelan GK and Banguera.

Eyes on Gabriele Cevallos and Leodan Chala I hope they can be the NT material our team needs. Either that or Dominguez finnally matures into a supper prime form and becomes the gk we always wanted him to be.

3. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So where do we go from here? Second final lost in 2 years, but in the past 4 years, we've lifted 2 trophies.

Things aren't all bad on our side of the block, but winning a national title is critical for the fans and club soon...so the big question is: what now?

Sornoza is going to MX, and I think we lost another player over the course of the past few days...who do we pick up or who do we bring up from the canteras so we can bring a title back home?

4. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Liga had the title in the bag. Then covid hit them hard and several key players suffered injuries. They recovered. Sornoza will be missed. Most of your squad is staying intact though. Janner Corozo is also set to join Liga. That's a good pickup. Liga has some interesting young players - Jhojan Julio, Jordy Alcivar, Adolfo Muñoz, Billy Arce. Liga will compete in 2021. Even though BSC won I think their the team to beat. Emelec too if we make some good pickups and some of our young players take a step forward.

5. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I really like Jhojan Julio....great skill on the ball and runs everywhere

6. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Props to Repetto on that one it hard to maintain a team that high up for 4 consecutive years so I cant complain to much.

Players leaving/ we need to let go:
    Marcos Caicedo: I never really wanted him to come I knew he wouldnt be consistent and wouldnt last long.

Jose Quintero: Liga want to renew but they are having issues at this point I think we should end on good terms and look for other options.

Rodrigo Aguirre: My patients is done with him we cant keep hoping he stays healthy and continue wasting money on him he needs to leave.

Carlos Rodriguez: Why do we keep signing such long contract with foreign defenders? We will need a CB since Ordonez and Caicedo are getting injured but I think we should look for a better options.

Edson Vega

Ronny Medina

Chicaiza

7. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    It will be hard to keep him but he is an excellent player. Luis Ayala Contract expired I hope we renew him. IDK what are your thoughts on Zunnino he had games where he played so well in play making and running up the wing with the rest of the players but really couldnt finish to save his life. He hasnt been called up since Nov im leaning towards letting him go.

I would have loved to have gotten Hamilton Piedra but he going to Manta FC.

We dont have a lot of interesting national wingers in the league so Janner Corozo is a decent signing. I would like to sign a good striker but we have enough foreigners I think a good CB and Winger would be fine for now.

8. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Signing I would like to see for Liga.

Jeison Chala I like him because he would be a good back up for us and is young.

Aron Rodríguez Another young winger we need to start preparing for the future so I think he would be a decent signing for long term. There are a ton of players we can bring back to Ecuador that are currently aboard but I really dont want older players that could potentially decline.

Cristian Dajome I really want him to come to Liga.

Matias de Lo Santos great CB I dont want Rodriguez back I see no point in bringing him after we let him go to delfin.

Djorkaeff Reasco we need a national ST and he would be a good option.

Anyone know what the status of Jordan Moran. He was a youth player and was the starting RB in the U17 recently he seemed great but I havent heard anything from him.

9. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Martinez
    Munoz, Julio, Dajome
    Villaruel, Piovi
    Cruz, Do los Santos, Guerra, Perlaza
    Gabbarini

Alternative
    Reasco
    J.Corozo, B.Arce/A. Rodriguez, J.Chala
    Alcivar, Joseph Espinoza
    Ayala, Corozo, Caicedo/Ordonez, Joel Ventura/ Jordan Moran
    Nazareno/Viveros

Other Youth Player:
    Edilson Cabeza (CB), Jefferson Arce (CAM), Stalin Valencia(DF), Jefferson Troya(MF)​

10. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    We should also look into Jordy Caicedo.

11. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Pedro Pablo Perlaza has been linked with a move abroad. I don't see Liga selling him. They don't have a player that is an adequate replacement. Jose Quinteros underwhelmed last season. Muñoz has also drawn interest. I doubt either player gets sold. It's probably just smoke from Ecuadorean journalists. Liga will want to stay competitive this season, selling either player doesn't accomplish that.

12. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That dude is a baller!

Boca might come with a juicy offer though. $$$ is key.

13. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    At his age tho i really dont see Boca throwing downn that much money for him. He will be hard to replace tho Him Julio, and Munoz are player we cant easily replace unless we drop cash to bring back some one aboard there isnt much local talent to choose from.

One thing for sure is that Juan Luis Anangono shouldnt come back to Liga. He would have been a good back up last season but his last season im china and this season in Paraguay he has gotten very little to no playing time at all. I really hope we go for younger options like Jordy Caicedo and Djorkaef Reasco.

14. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    We really should have bought Kevin Minda back we need a back up CDM and RB there are no good options at RB that Liga could realisticly get there no way BSC is letting Velasco or Castillo go, IDV has Landazuri he will only go aboard.

Will we finally get Andres Lopez ? I doubt it maybe under a miracle cuircumstance could we get Mario Pineida but he has been declining in form tbh.

We also shouldnt get Gaibor why get a pricey player that we will only bench ? We also let the ship sail for Janner and Hamilton...

15. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'd like to see PPP make the move abroad. I think he would do well. He may even take his game to the next level. Walter Ayovi made the move to Monterrey when he was 29 years old going on 30. His game improved after going to Mexico. I doubt Liga sells him though. Liga doesn't have a player in their roster that can adequately replacement him. It's also late in the transfer window. Given the economic climate, Boca may not even offer an amount that would persuasively sway Liga. I think transfers as a whole are down across the sport. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't have the data but that's what it looks like. A lot of teams are struggling financially.

Muñoz can be replaced. I think if he has a solid 6 months then Liga should look to cash in during the summer transfer window. Jhojan Julio not so much. I'd hold on to him for another year. If he builds upon last season then Liga can sell him for a good return. He and Billy Arce are the two players with the most potential in my opinion.

Minda had a good season with Catolica so they exercised their option to buy. I'm sure Liga wanted him back but they had no say in the matter.

16. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I agree I would love to see him aboard ppp would be great for a team like Sao Paulo and def succedd aboard but I feel like the rumor for him to boca are not serious/ true. And if they are i dont think they would offer much considering everything going on plus his age. Liga shouldnt and will probably not let him go for cheap either way we have no serious options to replace him either way.

There are some options aboard to replace Munoz but that means Liga would have to drop money and hope the investment would be worth it. Penilla doesnt have a club atm but he is always linked to BSC and hasnt been rumored to much for Liga.

17. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If Liga had someone who could step in and take over the RB spot then yeah I could've seen it happening. Jose Quinteros would be a downgrade though. It's also late in the transfer window, Liga wouldn't have enough time to look for a replacement. Liga shouldn't go after Penilla or Anangono. Let them go to a club like Mushuc Runa or 9 de Octubre. Janner Corozo is tailor made for Liga. That's who they should go after. He would fit in nicely. I wanted Emelec to sign him but there's no room for him on the roster. If he goes to a team like Liga then Alfaro will take him into consideration for a call up.

18. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Jose Quintero hasnt been very reliable the last few games ive seen him at RB and his has been declining overall. Loosing PPP would require us to hustle for a good foreign RB. And we really need to promote a youth RB Joel Ventura/ Jordan Moran/Stalin Valencia/Jefferson Troya/Edislon Cabezas one of them has to break threw.

I Agree about Anangono and Penilla I really would want to spend money on bring back older players that were aboard. Julio Angulo, Jonathan Gonzales, Jacob Murillo even Jose Ayovi wasnt really weren't worth the effort Liga went threw to bring them back.

I really hope we go for Janner Corozo. He is young and would be worth the investment.

19. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuadorean teams don't go really go after foreign fullbacks. I'm not too familiar with Liga's youth setup but yeah maybe there's a promising young player in their ranks that's waiting for his opportunity.

It's looking like Janner Corozo will stay at Delfin. Or he'll end up in BSC and ride the bench.

20. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    The last foreign fullback liga had was Luciano Balbi and he wasn't that great in Liga. Macara has Angel Viotti who plays RW,RWB, and RB. And the last great FB in any Ecuadorian team was Cristian Nunez from IDV 2016 squad he was such a good player I was sad to seem him leave IDV and wished Liga would have picked him up that way we wouldnt have been playing Jonathan Gonzales as a RB back then.

There arent any good RB that Liga could realistically sign atm unless Landazuri some how leaves IDV or BSC lets Pineida go. A young RB that might be worth signing would be Kevin Peralta or Denilson Bolanos but that really it I cant think of any other names tbh. Jordan Moran was the only youth player I know from Liga that was coming up as a RB. He was started for Ecuador U-17 squad and seemed promising I havent heard anything at all from him after that.

If Janner Corozo doesnt go to Liga, Emelec or Aboard it gonna suck for him.

21. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Emelec isn't going to sign Janner. He's a winger. On the left there's Cabezas, and Rojas. On the right there's Bryan Carabali. Bryan Sanchez can play on either flank. Alexis Zapata es un mediapunta but can also play on the left. If Emelec is going to sign another player it'll be Cuco Angulo. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if it's Anangono.

Janner was linked with a move to Liga MX but no updates have been reported. The mexican league is under way so most teams already have their squads set up. Delfin may just hold on to him until the summer.

22. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Bryan Sanchez doesnt seem like a good player I was surprised that Emelec signed him at first I thought he was a 21 y/o but that guys like 27. I feel like if Janner went to Emelec he would fit in nicely to that squad and be the player they need.

Zapata is indiscipline from what I heard and supper inconsistent they should have let him go back to Colombia tbh and gone for a better foreigner and you guys have that African guy who I also dont have any hopes for. Emelec has made some really odd signing TBH.

23. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm not a fan of the players Emelec has signed recently. The only decent pickup has been Alejandro Cabeza.

Anderson Julio will head back to Liga. That's a good pickup for you guys.

24. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yea I havent liked most of the signing you guys had made in the past few seasons. Emelec has a ton of players under contract loaned out everywhere.

It sucks Alejandro didnt get to go to Belgium i hope he does well in Emelec.

25. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If we sign Cuco Angulo there may not be enough minutes to go around. That's a big if though.