LDU Quito, Part 3 (r)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by Gourcuff_07, Nov 26, 2010.

1. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Confirmed signing so far Pedro Perlaza, Ronny Medina, Bryan Hernandez, Luis Arce, Davinson Jama.

I see nothing interesting from Ronny Medina and no point signing Luis Arce. If we were going for a striker his age I would have preferred Jordan Gaspar, Jackson Pita, Jhon Pereira.

Reasco is supposed to be ready for preseason too i really hope he get to form and finally starts breaking into the team.

Luis Arce is Jose Cazarez number 2. 26 years old and why sign him id rather sign a top midfielder and have Vega, Alcivar, and Serpa come of bench. Good thing is that we are rumored to be after Gruezo and Mendez it also said that we have Moises Corozo now too.

I have a slight issue with Hernandez. He a right back and we needed a left. I guess Quintero is gonna be more on the wings the right back. I cant think of anyone we can easily go after.

Jama is a pretty interesting signing and since Quintero is going to be more of a winger with Repetto is see no space for Munoz.

I still say Liga go after Jeison Chala, Cristian Penilla, Mendez/Gruezo/Cevallos, and an Attacking mid and a young Left back.

2. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Libertadores
    Gabbarini
    Perlaza, Guerra, Rodriguez, Cruz
    Valencia, Mendez
    Chala, Foreign CAM, Penilla
    Aguirre

Liga Pro
    Nazareno
    Hernandez, Corozo, Ordonez, Pending
    Alcivar, Vega
    Quinteros, Julio, Jama
    Martinez

Copa Ecuador
    Viveros
    Juvenil, Minda, Caicedo, Ventura
    Serpa, Arce
    Munoz, Reasco, Ocles
    Medina​

3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Dam we could have signed Alexanded Bolanos. Options for Left back could be Gustavo Cortez or Leonel Quinonez but i doubt Catholica will let him go. Quinonez is a little older than I would have liked but still a good option.

The youth right back we can bring up to senior team is Jordan Moran.

4. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Sornoza is rumored to be very close to signing. We are rumored to be after Dajome as well.

Honestly im not crazy about keeping Jose Ayovi or getting Marcos Cacicedo. I think our offense would look really great with Penilla, Sornoza, Dajome. Now lets drop some real cash on CDM. We need a defensive tank in mid field that will compliment Valencia.

5. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I would really love for Liga to get a quality Brazilian mid fielder. MLS has been managing to get Brazilian players on loan with options to buy alot of there players get purchased at around 1M. Im sure Liga could manage to get a nice loan deal from a Brazilian team. Alex Santana, Elton Melo, Felipe from Fortaleza.

6. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

7. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I love this pic so much AV25 bring this team back to glory !!!

midfield.design repped this.
  8. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Tough loss last night. Sao Paulo was just class. This will be an interesting group...very tough and River last night basically played a basketball game vs. their opponent.

9. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    My Dream Liga de Quito Squad for next season :

Libertadores
    Gabbarini
    Perlaza, Guerra, Rodriguez, Cruz
    Valencia, William
    Quinteros, Sornoza, Dajome
    Martinez

Liga Pro
    Piedra
    J.Moran, Corozo, Ordonez, Ayala
    K.Minda, Vega
    J. Chala, Julio, A. Alvarado
    V. Angulo

Copa Ecuador
    Viveros
    J.Moran, Corozo, Ordonez, Ayala
    K. Minda, Alcivar
    Jama, D. Reasco, B. Arce
    Medina

I would really love to get a Brazilian like William from Toluca for our team we need a quality midfielder to complement Valencia.

10. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
  11. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Alternative signing for a Striker would be Jordy Caicedo or Angel Quinonez.

12. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Dam Liga say they cant afford to make any signing if we keep losing players I wouldnt mind going after Facundo Martinez, Maximiliano Barreiro, Hernan Galindez, Claudio Bieler, Horacio Salaberry. As subs and players to have on bench.

13. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Bruno Vides, Guillermo de los Santos if they nationalize them selves would be great too if money is really that bad

14. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
  15. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Corozo is playing really well. [emoji123]

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We got hammered by River, but we played an exceptional first half with a ton of missed opportunities.

I attribute this to playing a brual game against IDV, which we held on to for a while even with a red card...the team basically boarded a plane and went right back to it in the libertadores.

I do not feel upset at the loss.

I wish we had Aguirre because it'd take pressure of Martinez Borja, who was faulty up front, but it's not due to a lack of talent...he played 2 full games in 4 days with an 8 hour overnight flight to BA. It's brutal.

And still we leave BA on a lopsided loss where all the pundits agree - the team is scary good if rested.

17. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    FIFA has to change the VAR rules. Not sure why a potential foul on Borja wasn't reviewed. Was it a clear cut penalty? No it wasn't but VAR is there to review the call that can change the dynamic of a game. I would like to see a system closer to that of baseball where a manager has the option to call for a review.

18. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Liga was the better team today and at full strength we would of passed to the next round.

19. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

If we didnt loose so many players for the match at home we would have advanced this was just so unlucky.

20. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    IMO Santos was the better team in the first half. Liga was better in the second. Muñoz and Sornoza were missed. Guerra and Corozo too. Ordoñez has been okay but Caicedo not so much. Don't know what happened to him. At one point he and Mina were the future at center back. It would have been cool to see Liga and IDV go through so our futbol and players get more exposure.

21. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Agreed. Since we lost to Santos in PK's years ago (Obregon's missed penalty), I've always had it out for Santos. This was totally our year, too. Well, COVID had its way, but I am proud of our team....winning in Rio despite an elimination is certainly no small feat. We could have gone and rolled over to a "superior" squad, but we hung on and nearly edged out on GD. Hopefully next year will be a different story!

Good luck to IDV. Delfin on the other hand needs a miracle.

22. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

Arturo Mina couldnt handle the back to back games with River Plate and the fatigue got to him. Then the Argentinean media destroyed him because of it. Caicedo couldnt adapt to El Exterior and a family member got sick or passed away. I think his father passed I cant remember well. So he wanted to go back to Ecuador and neither have been the same since.

It crazy to see the potential that the 2016 IDV squad had and pretty much all of them didnt live up to their potential. Jose Angulo, Bryan Cabezas, Jefferson Orejuella.

23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

It was historic to have 3 teams in round 16. Although it pretty sad to see both IDV & Liga not reach quarter final when they had everything going for them to reach it.

24. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Add Jonathan Gonzales, Gabriel Cortez, and Stiven Plaza to the list. They played at a high level all the while playing for IDV. Their form inevitably dropped after they were transferred.

Cabezas is only 23 so he can still figure it out. He's shown flashes with Emelec. Angulo isn't the same. Not being to play for 2-3 years derailed his career. Orejuela is 27. He's not at an age where age related decline comes in to play. Not sure why his form has gone downhill. I haven't watched Mina play lately but it's surprising Alfaro didn't call him even though he starts for his team in Turkey.

25. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #1175 The Machine, Dec 3, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Bad luck all around. It could have been a different story had Liga been at full strength. IDV should have gone through against Nacional. That Uruguayan team is a joke. I hope River destroys them.

Side note - can we combine Pinos, Dominguez, Ortiz, and Galindez into one super keeper? If we were to combine their strengths into one keeper we'd have the best GK in the world lol Pinos is the best at playing with his feet. Dominguez is the tallest. Ortiz is the strongest in the air. Galindez seems to have good leaderships skills.

javer repped this.