LDU Quito, Part 3 (r)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by Gourcuff_07, Nov 26, 2010.

1. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Tenorio did great today we made a lot of clear opportunities in the first half Tenorio was so close to scoring. The only thing that worries me is that Angulo will not be able to play Libertadores at all with Liga since santa fe registered him with their libertadores team and he played a game with them already.

After Tenorio got subbed out we didnt create to many scoring opportunities we need to be smart about how we use him if we want to progress in this tournament. Angulo and Tenrio are our only real 9 Congo has disappeared not sure what happened with him and he is not as effective compared to them .

Morales was great I am so glade he scored those two goals for us good win for us today. On Sunday we face Fuerza Amarilla away should be an interesting game we need to start gaining point locally too FEF screwed us we only played one game so far Luckily it didnt affect us today.

2. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I thought we looked pretty decent for not having any continuity in games. I'm pretty impressed with that point.
    Tenorio looks legit, and Morales- ni se diga. I think we need to lock up our chances, because we could have netted another 2-3 goals.

Borghi has a great team to work with. Even without Angulo, I think we have enough midfielders to compensate for a lack of an hombre de area if Tenorio ever craps the bed.

2-0 is a great start- We're back! so glad to be back...

javer repped this.
  3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yup we did for only playing one official match prior to this one kudos to Borghi for that. Puch has seem to be the alternate Borghi uses as a false 9.

Puch, Morales, Aleman, and Cevallos all need time to sync in with each other these are all fast paste players that move around the field alot it like we have 4 attacking mid on the field at once they need to familiarize them selfs so they know where they tend to be to create opportunities for each other since these guys cant be real target men up front.
    Morales did great to create space for him self and score but we cant always rely on that.

I think for Sundays match Borghi should use ....

Dominguez,
    Madrid, Araujo, Romero, Estupinan
    Hidalgo, Benavidez
    Morales, Cevallos, Alemán
    Puch

I dont know if Angulo could play this match if he can he should get some minutes towards the end of the match and replace Puch.

4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    How the heck do you play good in an international cup and shit the bed against a small team? Doesn't make any sense. It was horrible game if anyone watched it. Defense was so shaky.

5. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I think his main focus is Libertadores. FEF really screwed us three matches postponed and our next game is vs Gremio on the second.

Is Madrid injured ??? We need him back I also think he should start Estupinan instead of Vega. He should of started Romero and gave Canga minutes after the second half or played a back line of 4 to have Benavidez and Araujo together. We still dont have Angulo to use in el Campionato and Tenorio got a small injury last game. Puch, Morales, and Aleman need to synch together some how or he needs to find another false 9 upfront because we are not creating opportunities. This is an issue I was worried about.

Really sucks that Borghi and Liga went so hard on Alves to let him go I was hoping he would be our solution up front this season. That put us in a big problem. Boghi also should of went for another Forward. Our game vs Gremio is BIG and if we dont have Tenorio we are going to be screwed.

6. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Liga should have know that Tenorio is made of glass. That dude gets hurt by the wind. They should have had a good backup just in case. I understand that you are focusing on Libertadores but to lose to little teams nationally? That is sad. We should be winning these games! Not just losing but overall the game was very poor to watch. Yes, FEF screwed though. UGH!

7. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    He is still familiarizing him self with the players so I will give him time he had 2 friendlies 2 matches in El Campionato and 1 in Libertadores. Our game vs San Lorenzo wasnt perfect but it was good and we won which was most important.
    2 wins 3 loses so far.

I am upset about the losses in El campionato but he rested players and experimented a little. At least he didnt mess up in Libertadores. He still getting the player to get his style of play he likes to play 5-2-3 and 3-4-3 eventually i would like to see a back line of 4 but thats all with time.

Next game is on Wensday so we will see how he does away any news on Tenorio?

8. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm not liking how Liga is playing. The defense is really really bad. If it wasn't for Dominguez then we would be done long time ago.

9. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah. This coach sucks. I get losing because we haven't played much, but losing against small teams in Ecuador and now in Brazil getting killed... Yeah... He sucks.

10. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    hmmm.... any ideas for possible replacement coaches ???

You guys think Jorge Sampaoli is possible ???

Our next game is vs Universida Catholica at home first at home on Sunday we must win this!

11. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I dont know why he went with a 4-3-3 today. He has played them in that system and I dont know why he benched Cevallos and used Benavides in midfield he usually uses him as a center back which is fine. I would have used

Dominguez
    Benavidez, Araujo, Romero
    Quinteros, Cevallos, Hidalgo, Estupinan
    Morales, Tenorio, Aleman
    Borghi is really letting me down wish he would have done better this game

12. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The season has barely started and you're already putting his feet under the fire.

Mind you, the team barely has any rhythm, which is a significant disadvantage to us early and late in the season. Additionally, Romero getting 2 yellow cards in a span of a few minutes was really bizarre and allowed the game to spiral out of control from that point onward. That was a very questionable call. We needed to be more precise in front of the net with the few chances we had.

Sure, we were already down 2-0 by the time of the yellow card.

Once again this is a year where we're also building around some new pieces (including a new coach/system). Am I bummed that we lost, yeah of course, but I'm not going to be calling for his head just yet...It's been YEARS since we've been back to the Libertadores. Since 2010 Liga hasn't really done all that much, and I think we're still living in the past. We should be celebrating the fact that we're even playing these games and giving the team some much needed cash injection.

Remember when Zubeldia had a tough spat last year? Same story- off with his head!
    Remember when Bauza also had a tough spat prior to our Libertadores championship? Off with his head!
    Stop the bandwagoning mentality and be constructive.

Asi es el futbol. The guy hasn't even been coach for a full month of league play.

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Okay. Okay. Maybe you're right, but that lineup was a huge mistake. It seemed clearly Liga hasn't played that formation in a long time. The two middle center backs got split so wide by Miller Bolaños... It was nasty. Miller has such an easy time back there and his passes were lethal from the beginning. He could have scored a goal or two against us but we got lucky. Can't play like that on an away game.

14. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    On a positive note for the NT is the start of Bolaños against us. Damn. Dream debut for sure. Gets a standing ovation at the end too by the fans. Hope he keeps it up.

15. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Liga is playing well right now, but does anyone think there aren't enough Ecuadorian players actually playing for Liga? It seems like the line up is full of foreigners than Ecuadorians lol. Maybe it me but can we get more local players in?!

16. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Canga. What a huge mistake. Terrible. Freaking ugly. He sucked. Terrible defense. We're lucky to be losing by so little. How the hell did he let him pass by so easily?! Thank you Domiguez because he is the only one keeping us alive. Too bad it's over.

17. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    WHAT A SHOCKER! for some reason i wasn't expecting Liga to lose at home.

18. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    IMO
    Dominguez,
    Reasco, Araujo, Benavidez, Estupinan
    Morales, Hidalgo, Cevallos, Aleman
    Tenorio, Puch
    Would have been much better I dont know why he doesnt play Estupinan and uses Vega instead as left back. Madrid has appeared back and hopefully plays next game vs Aucas. They were playing well but Canga did slip. I wish he did better with our Youth players this is a coach that really favors experience from what I can tell.

He has not stuck with the same line up in the past couple of matches I really wounder what he is going to do or what his thoughts are to improve I know he is still familiarizing him self and working on a lot of things. I think next game should be.

Dominguez,
    Madrid, Araujo, Canga, Estupinan
    Morales, Hidalgo, Cevallos, Aleman
    Angulo, Puch​

19. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Borghi went with Benavidez and Vera in midfield today Cevallos and Hidalgo got benched I think he might be going with Vera and Beavidez more. volante mixto like them might be hard for him to use our defense get unorganized to quickly Romero has been fouling a lot lately.

Puch has becoming the player Borghi wants he assisted last game vs toluca and scored today he does best when next to a target man.

20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This altered schedule has really killed us. I hope we can build on the momentum of the league to string together a nice streak.

I'm not discounting us from the CL, but we NEED to win our home games and hope we can get a nice result in Argentina- maybe a tall order. Nonetheless, considering how green our squad is in international competition, our primary target should be to win a few games and make some money on ticket sales. Here's to hoping!

21. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    It unfortunate that it rained today it gave Barcelona at home an advantage over us. One thing Borghi really needs to do is to get the functions of Morales, Puch, and Aleman clear. When one of these guys makes a run he is always by him self with no one to accompany them which is why they try to make individual plays more than none.

Borghi needs to capitalize on the type of game that Puch brings to the table. He generates the most out of his runs he is fast and can play on either side. He has been the most effective on attack and we saw it on the last couple of games. Aleman really isnt breaking in effectively into our team and today it taunted him missed penalty and missed opportunities to score.

All in all these guys need to communicate together I notice that when Tenorio plays he goes to the wings to help bring the ball up and feed it into the box which defeats his purpose as a target man because it leave the area empty most of the time and its what Aleman, Morales and Puch should be doing on the field.

TBH I dont thing Borghi has ever had such a rough start with a team it sucks cause I know he means well at heart but this lost is huge and the negative comments towards him will be inevitable.

22. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm pretty sure almost every coach means well. The thing is that the drop off from last year to this one is too drastic. Now add that with a major loss against Barcelona 5-0. Yeah... Borghi sucks and needs to go. Sorry but it was a horrible game. Like you said, the attacking was bad and everyone seems alone. They have no support and waste opportunities like crazy. The dropoff is just too much and I think this was the final nail in the coffin. At least for me.

23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Borghi when he got here had so much love for this team and Ecuador as well it sad to see it go this way. He mentioned it a couple of times about him leaving but for the good of our team this might be it after a big lost like that.

Barcelona Fans are none stop about Aleman performance and the win against us. Liga fans are disappointed at the team and Borghi. Attendance from Liga fans has dropped as well.

I have always said it this team is going to need big work to fix the issues we have. I dont understand what it is exactly that constantly put us in such a difficult moment. Luck was not on our side and its kinda like Karma bit us in the butt for taking Aleman and kicking out Alves too.

I also didnt like the direction we headed from the start with signing Tenorio, Bolanos Angulo, Ayovi and losing Zubeldia, Matamoros and Alves.

Times are rough but we have to give everything time and continue the support.

24. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Álvaro Gutiérrez is the new coach I think he should use Puch and Morales in the center attack and bring Quinteros back on the right wing to make runs and bring the ball up effectively and accompany Morales, Puch, and Aleman on attack.

Dominguez,
    Madrid, Araujo, Romero, Estupinan
    Hidalgo, Benavidez
    Quinteros, Morales, Alemán
    Puch

25. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Any info on the new coach? You guys like him? I don't know anything about him. Thanks.