LDU Quito, Part 3 (r)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by Gourcuff_07, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Is Mena really that good?! Wtf?! He's showing up big time for Emelec and he literally killed Liga by himself today. I don't get it. I thought he was average at best. When he plays for the NT he sucks. Ahhhh I don't get it how he owned us today.

Dominguez for sure saved us, and Cevallos as well like he has couple of games. We did look so slow out there.

2. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    He is good at club level at NT level he is not physical or experienced enough.

We have Jose Quinteros back let hope he can make a difference. We need to make our self big in Quito.

On the other note Claudio Bieler, Humberto Suazo and Edson Vega are said to be possible transfers for next season. What do guys think ? I personally like Suazo but he is 34 years old now. Bieler not to sure seams like he has been doing well in Argentina...

Starting 11:
    Dominguez
    Madrid, Araujo, Romero, Estupinan
    Cevallos, Hidalgo,
    Quinteros, Morlaes, Matamoros
    Alves​

Bench:Viteri, Bieler, Suazo, Vega, Intriago, Congo, Vera, Campos, Batalla, Canga

Alternate:
    Viteri
    Quinteros, Campos, Canga, Estupinan
    Batalla, Vera, Vega, Intriago
    Suazo, Bieler

3. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just not good enough :( almost no offense to speak of other than Cevallos.

4. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    EMELEC IS BOSS! :cool:

5. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Bieler and Suazo would be a monstrous duo if they can gel quickly....because they're in their 30s, their time is limited to make an impact on the pitch- we'll need to make sure they can adapt to each other ASAP

Granted, this is all contingent on them coming over anyway.

On the other hand, I'm really proud of our team despite not managing to lift the title. It's been a while since we've made it to the libertadores, and I think we'll do well in the tournament. We still have guys on the team who have gone through the ringer, and have won it all, which will definitely prove beneficial when we play in hostile stadiums and the pressure might make some of our guys crack.

I think we have a lot to be proud of!

6. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That's true. Very proud but a lot of work left to do. Definitely happy about international tournaments! Can't wait for that!

7. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    So it said that Liga will be signing 7 to 8 players this season.
    So far...
    Hólger Matamoros transferred to Emelec
    Narciso Mina end of contract and will not be renewed
    Michael Jackson Quiñónez and Juan Ignacio Cavallaro pending renewal.
    Jonny Uchuari transferred to Independiente.

Players coming to Liga
    Julio Ayovi ex. Liga de Loja
    Alejandro Villalba ex El Nacional
    Edson Vega ex Barcelona
    Jonathan Borja ex Liga de Loja

8. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Andres Mendoza is another player leaving Liga and Carlos Tenorio and Claudio Bieler are still being worked on for them to return.

9. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Fuuuuuuuuu! The group LDU fell in for Libertadores is horrible! Grupo de la muerte for sure!

10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Brutal group! But hey, we've done it before!!!!!!!!! Good seasoned signings and a proper start with Borghi, and I think we'll be okay. Here's to a great season.

11. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #936 javer, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    Im not too crazy about our signings really old players and temporary signings. I am a little relieved that Suazo and Bieler are not coming at there age they dont have much to offer the team any more. What I am more interested in is who Borghi would use as his starting 11 or what system he would use we also have about 3-4 signing left to make let hope they are promising players. IMO

Starting 11:
    Dominguez
    Cevallos, Hidalgo,
    Quinteros, Morlaes, Villalva
    Alves

Or...
    Dominguez
    Hidalgo, Vega
    Quinteros, Cevallos, Morlaes
    Alves

Alsov why have we not tried to get Barcos back ??? Any one know why ???

12. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Just heard Zubeldia was ejected from his debut game with Santos. I know he won't make it there.

13. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Puch and Aleman are the last recent signings Aleman is a shocker didnt think we could get him but we still might get problems with his signing the owners of his rights and Barcelona are not happy about this.

midfield.design repped this.
  14. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I hope these new signings make our offense work better Puch looks promising but for some reason he was playing in the reserves for his team he didnt make to many appearances last season I hope he does well in Liga. If he does and gels in with Alves, Morales, and Aleman we should be a machine in offense.

We need to continue improving our defense as well we need to hold up in finals and against big teams noche blanca will be against milionarios and deportivo cali i believe I hope that enough to prepare for Libertadores.

Dominguez
    Cevallos. Hidalgo,
    Morlaes, Puch, Aleman
    Alves

midfield.design repped this.
  15. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Dam Emelec is said to be interested in Barcos now that his contract is over in China. I know he might be really expensive but we really should have gone after him this guy would score from the small opportunities at goal that Liga would create he make space and scoring opportunities for him self he was the one of the main reasons we where able to reach the final in the 2011 copa sudameicana.

Barcos is a beast and I wish he would come back to Liga.

16. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Where did you read that I heard his team in China wants him back see the link and read the last sentence
    http://www.clarin.com/deportes/futbol/velez/Velez-presento-refuerzos_0_1499250397.html

17. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
  18. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I see. Rumors will be flying all over the place right about now. Pretty sure if he wanted to come back to Ecuador Liga would be all over him.

19. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I know his contract is officially over in Dec Liga should really make the effort to get him I still dont understand why they didnt before he went to china.

It also rumored that Liga wants to trade Avles for Daniel Angulo. Personally I like Alves I am not much of a fan of Angulo.

To me he has the qualities of a lone striker that would compliment players like Puch, Morales and Aleman playing behind him. Him Morales and Cevallos were the only players who would create scoring opportunities and would be dangerous on offense. 18 games and 10 goals for his first season with us is pretty good and thats from a team that defended a lot and did not create to many clear scoring opportunities.

At time he missed some opportunities but I think it just a matter of time for the team in general to improve their offense and him to gel in more with the team. I really want this guy to stay to me Angulo is not worth the trade.

20. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ummmmm.... wtf Liga!?!?!?!?!

21. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Im upset Alves left I was really liking him but we need to find a real forward up top Puch as a false 9 isnt it and Tenorio and Congo are not it either. Borghi seems to favor experienced players which is why I think Alves felt threatened by Tenorio. He started him over Alves in friendlies and Julio Ayovi still hold a position in the starting line up.

Cevallos and Vega were missing. Not sure what happened to Intriago. But players like that were needed in this game. Any news on Batalla BTW????

Delfin looked really solid on offense it was a little surprising tbh. They did not act like a small B league team today. There defense was not really tested. Im hoping this changes as we go on but we have always had this as an issue unstable defense and an offense that creates little scoring opportunities.

We need a solid forward that can carry this team and net in goals from nothing. This was one game but Borghi needs a lot to work on. Im not a big fan of using 3 int the back or the 3-4-3 today but we used a false 9 and did not have a real forward other than Tenorio. If we have every one in good shape I think this would be good for next week.

Dominguez
    Hidalgo, Vega
    Morales, Cevallos, Aleman
    Puch

22. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Alves to Barcelona. Is he good? I haven't really followed el campeonato for about a year.

23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    he scored 10 goals in 18 matches with Liga which is not bad being that we dont really score to much he is a dangerous player on attack he makes runs and tries to create opportunities at time him Morales, and Cevallos would seem like the only players on attack in the team.

I definitely liked the way he played I was hoping Borghi would set him up as a lone striker with Aleman, Puch, and Morales behind him we really would have been dangerous on offense but he seemed to like Tenorio a lot better for what ever reason. And he had offers he wanted to take but the interest he showed to leave didnt go well with Borghi and every one else in Liga. What a shame now we have to look for a replacement at this late a stage.

Alves as a lone striker with Suarez, Diaz, and Penilla behind him looks good on paper but he will need to knock Blanco of his starting spot.

24. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So we lost our game against Delfin? Any analysis?

25. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Great win today. I think we could have done more to score but I'm happy we got that last goal at the end.