LDC-Phase de Groupes-Match 6: l'OM v Atletico [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by prvev, Dec 9, 2008.

1. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A win and we're in the UEFA Cup, any other result and it depends on the PSV-Livepool game. Allez l'OM.

2. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    A win and we'll be a favourite in a tournament along with Milan,Fiorentina,Man.City and CSKA.

A lose and we'll be a favourite in Ligue 1.

Os we lose,PSV lose,and we play both,lol.

3. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    40 minutes until kick off, and it's already pretty loud at the Velodrome. You can clearly hear the crowd as they speak to Santos' sister and Pape Diouf in a room inside the stadium.

4. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Seront sur le banc : RIOU - RODRIGUEZ - CHEYROU - KABORE - ERBATE - M'BAMI - VALBUENA. Entraîneur : Erik GERETS

5. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Seront sur le banc : LEO FRANCO - PERNIA - FORLAN -UJFALUSI - MANICHE - MIGUEL - CAMACHO. Entraîneur : Javier AGUIRRE

6. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Valbuena for Samassa.

Absolutely zero height in attack now.

7. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    And no more options for attack,too.

8. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    0-0, FT. Liverpool won 3-1, so we're in the UEFA Cup.

Something like 20 shots, but only a few on target. Kabore had a brilliant chance near the end. Hopefully they've got all their missing out of the systems, and we'll be able to hit them into the net on Sunday.

9. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    this was their worst performance in CL for a long time, worse than last season

lets see how far they go in uefa

10. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a sort of encouraging fact: in 2003 we got 4 points, just beating out Partizan for third, and managed to get into the UEFA Cup final.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    They got to the final because Drogba and Barthez carried the team on their backs. They dont have players like that this time around to do that again.

12. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, but I think the team is much more well rounded now.

The problem with this competition is that even if we do bring in a striker and defender, it's pretty likely that they'll be cuptied.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I dont know if you care about UEFA points for the league but I dont want Ligue 1 to lose a Champions League spot and OM and Bordeaux both getting knocked out certainly doesnt help the cause. They can do well in the UEFA Cup but there's still a lot of stiff competition there. Do you know what would have to happen now for France to lose a C1 place ?

14. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I care-I had an eye on the Bordeaux game, too, and I let out a groan when they missed a good chance in the second half.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2009.html

That's the current rankings...I think the fact that Russia isn't doing as well this year will help. If Lyon can at least get to the quarters, and a few of the UEFA Cup teams (us, Bordeaux, ASSE, whoever) can do well, that would help a lot.

15. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    you mean 2003-2004

that team was probably the best european team for OM in the new millennium, we had players capable of winning in europe unlike the ones we have today. the downside is that we where in tough group madrid and porto who where at their top in that season. our play makers are pathetic so are our attacking players, they are good but european competition good, neither ligue 1 good

16. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I remember both Steve Marlet & Camel Meriem were pretty strong as well