LDC-Phase de Groupes-Match 5: L'Pool vs l'OM [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by Robdog, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I was surprised that this hasn't been posted yet. I know it's a stretch, but L'OM still has a chance for the knockout stage. A win at Anfield will help that dream stay alive. Hey, L'OM did it last year. Why not a repeat of fortunes :eek:

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I hope OM win but I'm gonna be watching Bordeaux-Chelsea instead.

3. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I'm already more worried about the Toulouse match. But I'll be watching, of course..allez l'OM.

4. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Seront sur le banc olympien : RIOU - RODRIGUEZ - KABORE - ZENDEN - VALBUENA - GRANDIN - SAMASSA

5. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Seront sur la banc : CAVALIERIE - DOSSENA - DEGEN - KEANE - LUCAS - BABEL - BENAYOUN

6. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Gerrard,1x0 Pool.

7. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zubar dribbling through Liverpool's defense :D Our fans are chanting his name.

1-0 at HT. Decent passing, no real end product. A couple half decent chances, I guess. I'd put Samassa on for Ziani or Kone. Maybe Valbu for the other.

8. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fulltime, 1-0. Probably deserved a draw, but, as they, "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it".

...oh well? I guess I wasn't emotionally invested enough to be to upset. I hope we beat down Atletico, though, and not even because of the UEFA Cup.

9. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Nice to see from the Liverpool supporters.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I think the problem was maybe that Niang is playing out of position. His best place is out wide on the wing but they put him up front because they dont have anyone else. The rest of the lineup looked good to me except for Zubar who shouldnt be out there.

11. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    [sigh] from two consecutive CL qualification you would expect OM to have grasped the experience to play at the highest level but they haven't. are we that bad in europe, are worse than antletico, fc porto, and all the other second rated european clubs. at least once in while they qualify to the last 16, but us, never. the events of 15 years ago must have hit us very hard

so fulstrating

12. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Zubar was decent, or at least not bad, but he's bad in general, yea. He suddenly thought he was a good attacking player, and those two shots he took were horrible. He looked less bad because Hilton was very good, probably. Niang was doing well to set things up, but couldn't finish any chances. And, well. You know.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    You cant lose your two best players(Cisse & Nasri) and expect optimum results at the European level.

14. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think losing Nasri has hurt much, because we're pretty good at link up play and all that, but Cisse definitely has.

15. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    it seems he enjoys playing in england more than in france, we need a replacement real soon otherwise this season will be like the rest . OM is big club to hold player of cisse caliber, he shouldn't have left big mistake

16. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    I don't think Cisse was Marseille best player during the past season. I'd take Niang over Cissé anytime. The fans used to complain about his behavior and performances and now that he left Marseille they miss him.

Their real problem is that they concede too many scoring chances. There was an interesting statistic in France Football, 1 week ago. It reported that Mandanda is the goalkeeper who made the most saves since the beginning of the season by far which suggests that they give up too many scoring chances to their opponents.

Some offensive player do not make enough efforts. That's a tactical problem, yet I think it's rather due to the players composing their team more than Gerets' fault.

Anyway, I keep thinking that they need a solid, rough, CB to be associated to Hilton.

17. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Zubar sucks , Marseille can do better than him surely ? I mean Rodriguez and Givet , even Civelli are better defenders so why do they continue on bench ?

Also Valbuena should play more games also , but with the system OM play it's difficult because of Ben Arfa , Kone and Niang in attack .

I don't think attack is the problem , defence is though , the goal they conceded in Anfield was really poor , just like most of their goals in CL .

Anyway the best thing OM fans can hope for is a win against Atletico for Santos and qualify for UEFA Cup .

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Its a shame the Marseille and Bordeaux matches will going on at the same time because I really want to see both.