Lazio vs. Juve Serie A [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by EstebanGranero23, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pieri is garbage, Lazio were thugs and got away with everything. When it was Juve that fouled it was a card. Not to mention all the time wasting going on with Lazio and Pieri did nothing.

What was Il Fascisto doing celebrating like they won the Scudetto, your team drew... again.

2. frenil

frenil Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Lund
    How could you justify subbing Zlatan? Granted, it wasn't his day but he's one of those players who could make that cruical play. As he did when he served Trez with a brilliant flick but Trez was unable to capitalize

Either way, it was a horrible game.

3. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    How can I justify subbing him, you ask? Because he was utter $hit. That's how. I'm sorry . . . but that player is SO overrated, it's unreal. Granted, he'll make a nice play every match, but only after he coughs up the football 7 or 8 times. I watch every Juve game and I just get so sick and tired of the guy.

There is this idea that he is just a great player. I think much of that is due to the fact that people who only watch highlights will see him do some trick here or there; they don't see him do all the dumb things he does with the ball.

Also, for a player that is as tall as he is, he is not even a great threat in the air.

Further, he is an usettling presence who has a horrible personality and attitude and shows NO CLASS whatsoever.

In my view, he is a player who only has flashes of good play and has many matches where he is just terrible, like today. I would rejoice if Juve found a suitor for him this offseason. Where's Real Madrid when you need them?

4. Kukilon

Kukilon Member

Nov 22, 2005
    I agree with you. Try living in Sweden when it comes to football at the moment.. we only have one "star" and that is Zlatan. Everything that happens on the field is contributed to Zlatan in Juventus. I myself that watch the games knows that he sometimes does good things and sometimes he just dissapears in games. They even go so far in our media that as long as Zlatan is on the field he gets contributed for every goal Juventus scores doesn't matter if he stands on the side line drinking water or actually contributing to the goal.

Zlatan wastes way to many opportunities so he should stop trying to make fancy things and instead just do the basics. He is not a natural goal scorer either.

5. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I'm not saying that he isn't talented, because he surely is. However, it his worst attribute is his head. His skill notwithstanding, he might be one of the dumbest footballers I have seen in a very long time. He is just constantly complicating matters for himself by always attempting to do the most difficult thing, which more often than not, does not work.

6. indybar

indybar New Member

Dec 3, 2005
    Usually when this guy referee, it is good for our side...

7. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Well, I searched the Juve website and couldn't find any news on Mutu. What happened to him?

8. SuperTrooper

SuperTrooper Red Card

Dec 16, 2005
    Oz
    "Take that, Juve!"
    [​IMG]

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a perfect example as to why Pieri was CRAP. He let the thugs get away with everything.

10. SEASWE

SEASWE New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Unreal comments... Most assists in the leauge and Juve leads the table. Why bitch?
    ADP is not as good as Zlatan and that is why he will not play much. It is pure fact!

11. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FACT???????? ADP is ten times Zlatan just not as young. Thats pure fact.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Delpi was 10 times Zlatan he's be the best player in the world and would be a starter for Juve and the Azzurri. The fact is that he's not.

13. cattivo20

cattivo20 Member

Dec 21, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I think what we are all trying to say is that for the potential the Zlantan has and the effort he shows on the pitch are not the same. I watched all the games this year and I can honestly say that when I see him play..he is only a contributor when he has the ball at his feet. Go back and watch the Lazio game again and you will see him lose the ball, but instead of trying to retrive the ball as Mutu and ADP do, he just gets frustraed and shows not determination gettin the ball back. I love ADP more than anybody, but I will not say his is greater than Zlantan nor would I say Zlantan is greater than ADP? WHY? Because they are 2 very very different players on and off the pitch...Regardless, I think Zlantan can be better than he is now...he has all the skills and the potential..what he lacks is the desire..maybe beause his head has gotten so big over the year...I agree that Capello gives him a little too much lead way...I could be wrong and Capello might yell at him during half-time, but seeing how he does not track back to get a lost ball and frustrated at everyone when things dont go his way...I never seen Capello get angry towards his direction...and you know who else I feel bad for..Trez...he has done so mcuh for us this season, yet he is the first one to always off...I know people say well, Zlantan is a playmaker....I guess many of you forgot when Trez and ADP played together..they were a deadly combo...so dont make it sound that Zlantan should always play...b/c he like everyone else...deserves to get subbed if he is not playing to his potential....If Buffon lets in 4 goals in 15 mintues, would you sub him?...if Nedved keeps losing every ball and can not cross the ball to save his life and keeps losing his man who scored 2 goals on us, would you sub him?..so why can't Zlantna get subbed if you see him not trying and not playing...to me is all about coaching, if any player does not play well...sub them...and in Zlantant case..maybe a few subbing moments, might increase his desire to play football once again.....

14. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, not ten times, its just that I like him better :D

15. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    did you think Nedved was innocent in the situation?? I'll quote from ch4's game summary:

Liverani is not a thug.

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you watch the game? I was not singling out Liverani, rather many players. Especially Dabo.

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, Di Canio has been banned from wednesdays game because of his fascist salute. Why ban him now?

18. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Well you followed the pic of Liverani/Nedved together...saying it was a perfect example. I did watch the game, I have it taped if you need a copy :)

and the ban on di canio is stupid, he was never going to play a wed after sat game anyhow. Banning him for the Juve match would have been a real penalty.

19. Jet$on

Jet$on Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Old Blighty
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can't find anything on Mutu's injury, sorry

20. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    There is nothing unreal about mine, nor purely factual about yours.

First, Ibra's performance does not directly correlate with that of Juventus; it has some bearing, but Juve's success does not totally depend on Ibra. Second, I recognize that he probably has racked up some assists, but I would appreciate if you would provide a link to confirm that statistic.

Also, I think that cattivo summed up pretty well above. I am not here to say that ADP is ten times better than Ibra, or vice versa. However, it is injustifiable for Capello to leave Ibra on the whole match, given the crappy way he played when you have a guy like Del Piero on the bench. Perhaps Ibra should be the starter at this point; however, Capello gives him way too much leeway and he should defitely be taken off when he plays as crappy as he did this past weekend.

Also, I stand by my opinion of him being vastly overrated. He is a striker, and as such, should be able to finish a great deal more than he does. Also, given his height, he should be a great deal better in the air. Next, he is a horrible decision-maker, often giving up the ball too easily. Finally, he does not show much aggression when he does give up the ball (which can be a good 7 or 8 times a game, especially if you saw the Lazio match).

That said, he is a fine player on his day. But his "day" is not as consistent as we'd like.

21. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Thanks man. I would rep you but it says I gotta spread it around. :)

22. SEASWE

SEASWE New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Seattle
    My comment was not meant as an insulting statement to any "die hard" ADP fans. I like ADP as well, but he is not what he used to be. I still think that he is a scorer and I think that he is a better scorer than Zlatan, but ADP has lost a lot of the creativity and ability to do something on his own. He used to be a threat every time he got the ball. Now he is mostly a threat when he gets the ball in the box or if Juve gets a free kick. Zlatan is a totally different player and he reminds me a lot of Henry in his early years. They both stand/stood around doing seemingly nothing and both look(ed) like they couldn't care less but, then they explode and show brilliance that virtually only 3-4 players in the world can.

I agree with you guys that Zlatan should be benched when he has his "lazy" moments, but I can totally see why Capello keeps him in there if the game is tied, because Zlatan has shown in Juve and for the Swedish National team he has the ability/talent to change the outcome of a game at any instant by himself. ADP used to be able to do just that and I think that is why the situation is what it is in Juve. ADP also used to set Trez up by doing similar magic that Zlatan does but I don't see that anymore. Maybe I am blind and maybe I am watching games that nobody else is watching? To me ADP is not competing with Zlatan for a spot. He is competing with Trez for a spot because they need Zlatan's creativity to be effective (or whoever else Juve could stick in there), and to me Trez is clearly a better finisher than ADP.

This is just my opinion and I may very well be wrong so do't get all your feathers ruffled...

Oh, and here his that link http://sport.virgilio.it/it/calcio/serie_a/0506/statistiche/classifiche/giocatori/assist.html

23. Jet$on

Jet$on Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Old Blighty
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    just like that overhead volley cross to trez.

24. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was wondering that myself? Zlatan is a very good player but i just wonder if he would be better if he at least felt that if he played badly that he could be replaced! Trezeguet has been lights out this season and Del Piero has been superb also yet, Zlatan who has blown hot and cold is always on while ADP and Treze split minutes!

I sometimes wonder if Capello is his father!!! I mean c'mon its great to have confidence in a player but when ur not on form and there are greatreplacements don't leave in just for confidence! Treze was looking very dangerous and yet still he makes way for ADP and not Zlatan who frankly STUNK vs Lazio!!!

Same way u justify substituting anybody! Zlatan is a member of the JUVE squad! Why should he be left on the field if he STUNK because he is Zlatan! Off day is off day!!!

Don't underestimate Ale, or should i say stop overhyping Zlatan!

Ousmane Dabo was/is/always has been Garbage! He's an inferior Olivier Dacourt (which is sad in itself)!!!