Lazio vs Borussia Dortmund: CL match day 1

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by eaglespark, Oct 20, 2020.

1. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I really don't think they will sack Favre unless we're like 8th after 10-15 games. My guess is that they have their eyes on someone who will become available, after Favre's contract ends. Just saving you some anxiety :)

Re your list of Witself deficiencies
    1) agreed
    2) maybe, but i think he's often well positioned to stop an opponent's counter. So he recovers possession.
    3) i haven't noticed that..
    4) i haven't noticed that either..

2. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    #52 TimBenneth, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Watzke should just resign ... it was wrong for he and Zorc to come out and chide Favre's attempts to run a 4 man backline. Leave the coaching to the manager. If u don't have confidence in him, sack him. Simple. Stop trying to run the on field minutia ... that is the managers job. Its like you have just stabbed him in the back and then told him to go fight a war on his own, they set him up for failure, not that he was entirely inculpable himself. I feel the 2 have lost the plot in a sense. The transfer business has been good, not great ... letting Immobile, Isaak, Paco go ... not giving Lewa the contract he asked for. There are numerous examples of mismanagement at this point, and i have been an adherant of them both for so long. If the European League does end up going through, I think it will be safe to say thAT Dortmund will be occupying its relegation places.

They are dinosaurs ... where is the fight ? saying that Bayern will win the league when we were 1 st place the one season with Bosz in charge ?? What were they thinking ??? I think they should just leave with some dignity. The board will never run a no confidence on them, because they are all making money through the shares they have. I don't want to judge Sebastien Kehl too quickly, but I don't think he has it in him to run a club with the ruthlessness that it requires to achieve success either, but the management desperately needs to change.

And I would even go so far as to say that Leipzig are now ahead of this team, and should other clubs get their act together, would follow suit. This club will be in free fall if they do not get their sh!t together ...
    You know I kind of see parralels between Arsenal and Dortmund, in that mediocrity became acceptable ... and now they didn't even qualify for the Europa League. Deterioration has a tendency to be innocous, and so rationalised away initiially.

kbvb, Alex C and BVBFNM repped this.
  3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Watch him closely and you will see this.

Witsel is a fraud of a player, who never does anything obviously wrong, but for the most part contributes nothing offensively or defensively.

I was out and missed the games, but Bayern thrashed Atletico and Gladbach got a much better result against a stronger Inter team than we did last year.

4. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I completely agree. I am losing my own enthusiasm for the team these days. I'm always pessimist about the team's chances and I am being proven right way more then I would like. I really need Favre to be gone to be able to regain some sort of hope...

And I am just a fan... Now, imagine the players...

5. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We are the only Bundesliga club that lost the first European match. Doesn't it make you feel proud?

6. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    It wasnt so much that we lost... I mean I respect Lazio and theyre a pretty good team with a good coach. It was the manner in which we did. We were never really in it.