Lazio Predection Thread

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by squadra_azzurri, Aug 15, 2006.

1. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Liverani out
    Dabo out
    Di Canio out
    Bonanni returns to Sampdoria

-------------------------------
    Makinwa In
    Sereni returns (goalie)

--------------Peruzzi
    Oddo----Siviglia---Cribari---Zauri
    Mauri---Manfredini ---Behrami
    -------------Tare
    -----Pandev-Rocchi-Makinwa

that would be my line up .. i guess oddo can make the runs on the wing and Behrami on the other wing to put in crosses for Rocchi as he is pretty good with his head. we lost all creativity in the middle so now we or rossi must use what he has now. we are stacked with forwards but perhaps we should of got another mid instead. i no this is not peoples usual places but we got to switch people around to use their strengths around the field.

I will say Lazio gets out of the 11 point defecit in 6 games to get back at par.which 32 more games remain. i am confident we will make it mid table. our defence is relativly the same and it did look a little shaky last season but they should be alright and i am a little worried about attacking though. our midfield must create creativity.

i have no clue what delio rossi is guna use for his formation but i kinda like mine. Rocchi will be top 5 in scoring with other great forwards surrounding him.
    Forza Lazio

what are your predictions?

P.S did you seee our ugly jerseys.. i saw them on ebay so i am guessing its 06 07

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    those jerseys are old, from a couple years ago I believe...

Rossi's a straight 4-4-2 man, doubtful he'd put that many strikers at once. My bet is still that Oddo will goto Milan for Simic and cash...but say it doesnt happen:

Peruzzi
    Oddo -- Siviglia -- Cribari -- Zauri
    Behrami -- Ledesma -- Mutarelli/Mudingayi -- Mauri/Jiminiez
    Rocchi -- Makinwa/Pandev

A very talented team compared to the last couple of yrs, 3 good strikers, good wing backs and some real promise in Ledesma, Jiminez and Behrami. Actually some real depth with guys you'd want on the field.

There is talk of further reducing the -11, if that happens I'd expect a Uefa Cup spot from this team (5th-6th place) and a good Coppa Italia run.

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Given the point deduction, I'll be happy with anything in the top 8, to be honest. We need to be careful with injuries, too - some of the new additions are nice, but we're not especially deep.

4. avante_ultras

avante_ultras New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Montreal, Canada
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    first guy that posted here scared the livind daylights out of me with that lineup, tare starting? *shivers*

he will be gone anyways by the beginning of the season, as will sereni.

peruzzi

oddo-siviglia/stendardo-cribari-zauri

behrami/jiminez-mutarelli/manfredini-ledesma/mudingayi/keller-mauri

rocchi-pandev/makinwa

pretty solid team in my opinion

mutarelli and ledesma will start, and if jiminez comes, he will add a lot of creativity and more depth probably forcing mauri or behrami to the bench.

rocchi and pandev are solid up front

defence could use a little bit fo work tho.

5. spqr70

spqr70 New Member

Aug 14, 2006
    i have to ask an honest question, Lazio have always been a team with a facist and neo nazi fanbase. Basically the ignorany xenophobic provincial people around Rome make the base. How can anyone pick to be a fan of a team that flat out is associated with racists? seriously?

6. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    oh boy, do me a favor read through this forum, go back 4-5 pages. Look for anything involving Di Canio, politics or media...you'll see how most of us on this board feel. Personally that small share (yes its less than a quarter) of the lazio fan base is not for me, what I'm about or why I root for the team..

7. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    certainly if thats the central pairing how they fill the shoes of liverani-dabo will be crucial. Jiminez is the wildcard, his transfer still being up in the air is a bit scary, where he plays on the field will be interesting...

8. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i remember when tare used to be really creative.. thats y i put him there.. nether wise develope some players

9. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: