Lazio in Serie A (R)

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by phillips10, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeesh, what is it with us and Milan?

2. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    wow i do not know where to begin..

delio rossi again doesnt see what a phenomenon Foggia is. He is so damn good even with his 5'5'' body. as soon as he came on Lazio was threatening. Pandev Zarate Brocchi Foggia consistantly play good and it showed today.

Mauri is horrible and overrated. Ledesma is overrated but he's not horrible. I love how Ledesma just watched the ball pop off his chest into open space in the box and stared on the first goal.

2 fantastic goals by milan by long range shots. Muntazalem or whatever his name is not worthy to be on the field. he did nothing today to prove why he should be on the starting rotation. but i wont conclude he is a bad fit for lazio yet, i will give him more time to convince me. he just watched zambrotta and gave him all the time in the world to look at the net and drill one on the go ahead goal.

the kaka goal was ledesma's defensive error (i always said how bad ledesma's defence was) .. ledesma is good under pressure with the ball but his defending is really bad. poor defensive mids today let those 2 screamers in today, it was not Carizzo's fault.

in total, it takes lazio back to reality and it was only a matter of time before milan had to unleash on some team. i kinda had a feelign this was it. I do not give up hope on this Lazio team, they are very talented and i hope our captain gets back soon.

3. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I think you are off base on matuzalem and ledesma, if anything kill the other two midfielders who did very little of anything mauri and brocchi.

the defense was exposed, Radu might be a steadier LB than Kolarov and Sivigilia is too old for these top opponents now. Foggia should play for Mauri from now on I agree there. Put him with Pandev/Zarate and eventually work Rocchi back in and we have a nice attack.

And those who have said Milan was bound to explode are correct, nothing we can do.

4. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And sadly, it always has to be us they want to explode on. :(

5. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i may be off with matuzalem but im spot on with ledesma. i will give matuzalem another chance to prove his worth but this guy was horrible, but it was against milan so ill wait for another team. and i am going to rebuttle you and say brocchi did better.

watch ledesma's defense clooosely the next game. he allows so much time for the opponent to hold the ball and think. in my opinion, very overrated

6. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    well, I mostly blame those hideous yellow kits, who thought bringing that back was a good idea?

well ledesma while playing very deep is not a defensive midfielder and is not often asked to contribute like that. Its sort of like Milan's system how Pirlo plays but without the great talent around him. The ratings I've seen gave ledesma better marks than all except the strikers.

Brocchi is supposed to be a figher/scrapper but I didnt see him mix it up once. I'd put Dabo in that spot, at least he'll battle.

7. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I so far have been satisfied the way brocchi has came in so late and comes in and contributes. i think he is doing fine in my opinion. ledesma is really good under pressure WITH the ball and knows how to escape danger, but i havent seen him do any chip through balls like pirlo or give a hoot about properly defending.

if i were the coach i would do something like this

-zarate---rocchi--
    --pandev------
    -----------foggia
    --ledesma--brocchi
    radu-sivigl-rozen-DeSil
    ------carizzo-----

thats for when rocchi comes back sooner or later.. pandev i know can play a bit of a shallower role as we saw him set up with the through ball for zarate's first goal and also drops a bit shallow to recieve the pass anyway. mauri should be disciplined on the bench like last season and dabo mutazalem come on when we are winning with dieing seconds nd leichsteiner on for de silvestre.. and meghni comes on if down a goal and further creativity is needed.

- yes the yellow kits are just uncomfortable to watch.. i already bought this years celesti jersey

8. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    tough turnaround tomorrow with Fiorentina coming in. I know Dabo is banged up, is Cribari still hurt? I prefer him to old man Siviglia. Foggia from the start is a must!

I hope Rossi rings some changes, get some of the fresh legs in there.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    3-0 for Lazio in the 2nd half agaisnt Fiorentina. Scoring three goals in the 2nd I guess Lazio learned from Milan in that you must keep up the scoring..

10. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Impressive performance thus far 3-0 and could have been 5 or 6. I haven't seen this potent of an attack since the days of Crespo. One thing for sure is under Rossi Lazio have always been very energetic at home. Zarate is a stud!

11. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    WHOOOOO-HoooooO!!!!!

3-0 so far. Stupid Viola.

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can someone post the goals on you tube?

13. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    great showing so far, unlikely goal from Siviglia plus Mauri has scored too..

14. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    WOOOOW. can someone who watched it give me some info on this game. nice to see Pandev score. I love that macedonian

anyone know any youtube highlights or something

15. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Great performance!

I wish we could have had a squad like this last season when we were in the CL.

High energy, great passing, toughness, etc... Lazio were dominant in every phase, the Viola had one half chance the whole match while Lazio could have netted another 2 or 3 goals. Zarate is a specimen, he is great at finding space and always seems to get a shot off, he is a perfect compliment to Pandev. Foggia was very active and made a great cross to Zarate for the opening goal. He lacked the final touch on several runs but he was a consistant threat all game. Liechstiner and Radu pushed up well down the flanks. I could go on and on over this performance but I will just take it in for now, it's early but the Scudetto isn't a pipe dream with this squad.

16. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Very impressed with Liechstiner, Carrizo, and Radu especially.

17. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    [YOUTUBE]9Sh3lDH_nRc[/YOUTUBE]

18. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pandev is damn amazing... the highlights waas all lazio with 2 generous clips for viola. zarate should have put one in but no complaints necessary today. so Pandev and Zarate tied with 4 goals now on top of serie a?

19. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  20. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    agreed, the 4 attacking players get all the glory but this team has some real depth now. Easily the most fun Lazio since the Eriksson teams.

Like to see us grit out 3 pts at Lecce this weekend.

21. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Exactly.

I was worried about this match because of the drubbing you took against Milan. I was quite sure the focus would be there against us, especially at home.

Anyhow, nice win for you guys....you really took that match to us. Keep up the good work.

22. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  23. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    First Lazio plays:
    Torino on the sunday 28th at 9est
    Lecce on October 4th on saturday 12 est
    Bologna Sunday Oct 19(international play in between weeks) at 9 est

looks like three games that should be ours but i would be happy with 7 and satisfied with 6 points

24. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well, when Radu is dubbed the new Chivu (Quite possibly the only former Roma player I like anyway) we know we're in for a treat.

Granted it would've been nice to have kept Behrami but meh. We've got a lot more depth now, and quite frankly I think Rossi is the right man to do it, we were just a tad unlucky last season methinks.

Wish I could've been around for the Eriksson days. :(

25. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    my bad, mixed up the @torino with home for lecce....coppa's gotta be coming up too soon. I keep harping on the depth but I feel like this team is built for the long haul finally.