Lazio in Serie A (R)

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by phillips10, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calcio377

Calcio377 New Member

May 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey everyone, first post here. I know it's been a really bad season for us, capped off by the loss in the Coppa yesterday. Winning the derby was definitely one of the few high points.:) I'd just like to hear your opinions on what went wrong this season and what needs to be changed for next season.

2. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
  3. Calcio377

Calcio377 New Member

May 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes:
    Seriously, we obviously have to add some depth to the squad. And hopefully hold on to Pandev and Rocchi.

4. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would like for Delio Rossi to stay. There just wasnt much to do with 2nd and 3rd string players on the pitch all the time. Our goalkeeping dipped down from Peruzzi who was just outstanding in 2006-07 and then to an old Ballotta. Our attack is good as Pandev Bianchi and Rocchi is more than enough. I want our midfield to be all healthy and for Ladesma to start playing better defence. I want a new good goalkeeper(I hope to God Amelia) and maybe a defender or 2. I like Kohlarov and De Silvestri on the wings. The inside D.. hmm,, i would like a change. That will put us in quaifying rounds for the champions league again.

5. Calcio377

Calcio377 New Member

May 8, 2008
    Mobile, AL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree I want Rossi to stay. Aren't we still supposed to get Carrizo from River Plate for next season? Hopefully we can get Marco Amelia who has been a solid keeper for Livorno.

6. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Season Ends
    -----------
    Lazio W11 L14 D13 = 46 points -- 40 points shy of the scudetto

We finish 12th spot, bottom half on the list by 2 points.

Behrami, Pandev due to go.
    Rocchi still needs a contract renewal.
    We still need a goalie.

No Uefa Cup spot for us.

So what do you guys think? a rebound year? or are we following Parma's footsteps?

7. Larsson9

Larsson9 New Member

May 18, 2008
    Boston, MA USA
    Congrats on the stellar season.

8. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I disagree with a lot of you guys, I think it is time for Rossi to go and time for some restructuring.

pandev will go, you'll see bianchi play full-time. ledesma and behrami will go also.

I think what killed this season was being in europe, this team was not ready nor deep enough and it put the whole season in a funk before it began...

9. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What makes you guys think Behrami will go?

I think we'll see Rossi out and sadly enough Pandev.

10. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Behrami seems willing to invoke that FIFA opt-out clause to get out. Pandev too. Lotito would be wise to sell and find the new wave of young talent.

The problem with Behrami is he is a 4-4-2 right wing midfielder, but with Rossi's different formations he had to play RB or inside midfield. He can't be happy.

11. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ah, okay. Shame too cause I like Behrami.

12. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Scheduale is set for Serie A starting Aug 31st.

Our first 5 games will be:

1Cagliari 2Sampdoria 3Milan 4Fiorentina 5Torino

I expect a 1-1-3 record after these games.

13. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    4-1 win @Cagliari is a great way to start the new campaign. Zarate netting 2, the second one was a deft chip. Foggia scoring on his return to Sardinia should boost his confidence.

The score was flattering however since Lazio were fotunate to get the penalty/red card when they were down 1-0. Can't be pessimistic after a 4-1 road win.

14. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Well, glad the new season has started well! Does this technically put us in first on goal difference? :p
    Weird weekend though with Juve and Inter managing draws and Milan losing. Incidentally, are Milan and Juve competing for the oldest club in the league prize?

15. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    yes, we top the table :)

nice debut for Zarata and return for Foggia. I'm not sure what Rossi is complaining about this week, with those 2 and Matuzalem, Licthsteiner, Brocchi....this is probably Lotito's best mercato ever.

good test next wk with Samp coming in.

16. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Great Start.. nice to see us in first place :) ..

Next matchday:

Sun, Sep 14 Sampdoria

Since we are home team, will Fox Soccer Canada show the game on tv?

17. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    for canadian/ontario viewers.. TLN will show it Sunday 9 o clock live. About time Lazio is on tv. Cant wait for this game. Time to stay in 1st in lega calcio :D. skipping college to watch the georgia-italy game and not attending my part time job to watch this lazio game

18. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    glad to see your priorities are in order :)

for US viewers, FSC will have the match the following weekend with Milan...

I'm hopeful for the Samp match, they are missing a couple guys in the back. Ticket sales are up over the last few yrs, so I think we'll have more of an advantage at home this yr.

Zarate is getting a ton of praise, lets see if he can keep it going.

19. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A very good display by Lazio and was very unfortunate to win only by 2-0. Some views of the game..

Carizzo is a very good keeper in me eyes. Stops hard shots and one even off the chest. he is very good on corner kicks too because of his height and is very good at clearing the balls at the highest point possible if its punching the ball out and deep or if he just snatches the ball right of the air from corner kicks. 10/10 today.

The defence today made me proud. Stoped almost every attack and played very well together. In particular Litchsestiner played very very well. Nothing got by him, took away a sitter for Cassano 4 minutes in as he had an open cross on the 6 yard box for cassano to tap in and leitchs slid from behind and toe'd it out of harms way which could have changed the game, to setting up Zarates screamer goal. 10/10 impressive today.

The midfield played very united today with the forwards and was a good display. they fed the forwards the ball cleanly and into open spots. Foggia played a good game for the time he played as a sub and i really hope he starts next game. Manfredini was bad as the linesmens and referee this game. he should never come in before Foggia again. Manfredini cant pass or shoot (as shown today) and is subpar as a holding midfield. 8/10

The forwards played great today and also created chances for themselves. its not hard to figure out why 6 goals were scored in 2 games and it should have been 8 goals total atleast today. Pandev made a great run which would have been a for sure goal and was incorrectly called offside. His goal also was a true professional goal. perfect touch from an overhead chip through ball, then he shrugged the defender off and placed it in the corner to seal the game. he also should of had a penelty shot as the samp defender bowled pandev over at the 6 yard box with the ball at his feet and the defender had no intention to play the ball. Zarate is a very good player and is settling nice. He scored a goal that faked out the defender and curved his shot to hit the crossbar and in for the keeper to only watch. Also Mauri should have scored atleast 1 sitter and almost had a scissor kick goal in the box should he of connected. Zarate actually reminds me of Di natale. he likes to lure around deep in the wings as a forward and likes to deke and take extraordinary shots from a self created chances around and inside the box (also has same body). Zarate is a very good striker and we should hold onto him as long as possible (as Pandev) 9/10

20. MilanOnlyMilan

Oct 24, 2005
    Lithuania
    Didn't have the chance to watch this match, but looks like that Lazio assembled really good team this year. Massive attacking potential, and at last a solid goalkeeper. Allways liked Lazio, so good luck to them. Derby della Capitale will be breathtaking this year...

21. Pangloss

Pangloss New Member

Nov 3, 2004
    NYC
    Couldn't watch the match. I really wish FSC would consider showing a few more Lazio matches besides the ones against the big four (well big three, one little child posing as an adult). But at least we get eight games, and i'll be at the Lecce game on October 5. From everything I've read we did well today, but lets not get carried away. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Keep your eyes on 5th place boys.

22. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Agreed. I miss the days where you would only see Lazio and Caligari and that was it.

23. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I thought I was the only one... :)

looking forward to the Milan match. Best part of this resurgence is we are doing it with mostly young players, all that can improve. And there is actualy depth for the first time under Lotito.

I bet we'll get some more FSC matches, especially if the goals keep coming.

24. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That was the highlight of my Sunday mornings. Getting up at 8:30 and catching them was just a great feeling.

If we can manage to get Zarate on a permanent basis I'm happy. We've got defense covered and a kick ass RB in De Silvestri, we've got Radu, Carrizo (Finally!), and we've kept Ledesma. I'm happy.

I hope so. Just wish they'd bring back Lazio matches only.

25. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls