Lazio in Serie A (R)

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by phillips10, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    damn, Ledesma out for a month or more with knee injury. There is NO one who can play that deep role in the rhombus midfield.

Either Rossi gives Baronio his 47th chance or he goes back to the straight 4-4-2 with wingers and let Mudi/Mutarelli man the center. He could put Mauri and Del Nero on the wings.

2. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    hopefully this doesnt bring Manfredini back in our rotation. I hope he pushes Behrami to left mid, maybe try Mutarelli deep center and Mauri and mudinguay in same positions. Mutarelli loves to sneak behind for headers and is a good ball winner so i hope Rossi doesnt switch the midfield. and maybe let our azzurrini start in defence instead of Behrami. We can improvise. i dont think Mauri on the wing would be a good idea at all. I dont think he would like the fact that he would be running to the net on one side than straight down the middle.

3. Aquile

Aquile New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Lagos,Nigeria
    The lineup was decent 2 me but i still cant understand how we lost so painfull,after it was 1-4,lolitto left the stadium with more than 10 minutes left and i put off ma t.v and went to bed,it was painful and embarassing.I found out this morning that is was 1-5.

The keeper muslera was terrible,he messed up most of the gola and made the same mistakes twicw that gave milan the penalty kaka converted,the other two goals i saw went in between his legs.I proposed that ballota should have kept,hopefully we will see carizzo come on board in january.

The best player on the night was young and sharp de silvestri,he showed maturity and confidence,he defended well and attacked well assisting in our only goal.
    Mudingayi was good too and i did not feel we miss ledesma,mudingayi was rugged,powerful and marked well but his ball distribution was poor,we must do0 all we can to keep these guys,i hope one day de silvestri will captain lazio.

We all thought rocchi will not play and that makinwa will get the nod to start but he was not even listed at all.

Rocchi was absent and mauri didnt look fit and sharp,pandev tried some runs but he was caged.

I hope they learn,the coach said they are not used to playing two games in one week,true,but he and the management should have known that.

4. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    see thats the problem, the depth just doesnt exist to play these matches twice in a week.

and while it would be great to make the next stage of the CL, that only means our league form will suffer longer...

5. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    nice 1-0 win at livorno....rossi gets a result with some second string types in there like Baronio and Firmani (who got sent off)....

6. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    after a brutal 0-1 loss at home to udinese...the derby cant come at a worse time...I fear tomorrow's match could get ugly...

7. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Lazio are really suffering in Serie A this season. As expected, they do not have the depth to compete in two tournaments. I think the departure of Oddo is finally impacting the team.

8. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    do we even have to continue this thread.. our Serie A is already finished. Either Lotito buys some f*cking players or we continue to be in depression.

9. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It's a shame for Lazio fans considering how well they did last season. They will most likely finish as amid table club and probably not even get a Uefa spot.

10. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I dont think its the departure of Oddo but the reality that they didnt spend the money...from transfers and uefa qualification...on players.

11. narduch

narduch New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    In the 3 point for a win era in soccer, there's no need to panic in the 9th week. Lazio is still only 4 points from a UEFA Cup spot.

That being said, if you looked at our roster to start the season, you had to know that we would struggle all year. This isn't the 1999/2000 Lazio with SGE and the Cirio money. Most of Lazio's squad is made up of rejects (ok, that may be a bit harsh) from teams like Brescia or Lecce.

12. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    up 1-0 early on roma so theres some good news today...

13. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    tough 3-2 loss....good to see Ledesma back with a nice FK goal.

Where did the team that drew Madrid 2-2, having the run of play, several wks ago go??

They've been badly exposed at CB and GK...in fact you might call those players Lazio puts out the worst in Serie A collectively. That's awful.

14. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What happened to the great form we saw last season with Lazio? I think last season they more then reached their potential and don't have the skill and quality of players to repeat this season.

BTW- That was a terrible error by the keep in the last match day...embarrassing!

15. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    SERIE B ... SERIE B ... SERIE B

Where you belong :)

16. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The good news in recent days for Lazio is that they finally re-signed 19 year old right back Lorenzo De Silvestri to a new contract. He now is contracted to Lazio until 2010. If they didn't solve this by January De Silvestri could've signed a pre-contract with any team to leave on a free in June.

17. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    whatever punk....I'd let you know where dirty roma belongs...but it would never get through the sensors ;)

18. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Mutarelli gets 3 game suspension

19. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    fortunate 1-0 home win over Parma...we can breathe a bit now.

3 more pts is a must v Siena next weekend...

20. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    oh man what an ugly 1-2 loss to genoa at home...

*maybe the worst penalty call of all-time...milanetto falls down near to stendardo, untouched for the game-turning PK.

Pressure is on Rossi now, I'm not sure I'd sack him but there has to be a reason that the quality players have regressed (Pandev, Mauri, Cribari...)

21. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  22. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    once in a while Lotito makes the right move.

This has to be the precursor to selling Rocchi, who's wage demands have outgrown the club. My guess is he goes this summer.

23. The Liquidator

May 22, 2006
    Tigres UANL---Dynamo
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    good signing in Bianchi, can see him fitting well in with Lazio, loan to perminent switch :)

24. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    do i dare to revive this thread.

This season isnt one to remember but this derby was. My goodness Behrami made my day. Its been a while seeing the Laziale like that. Thank You Behrami and to all of Lazio for this derby. We lost 3-2 1st round and won this leg 3-2.

25. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This makes up for the Chelsea draw big time.