Lazio in Serie A (R)

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by phillips10, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruticus

Bruticus Member

May 18, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lazio will stay up they are too good to go down. Honestly I don't think Lazio will "lay down" either. But I can't see us slipping up the team should be more focused than ever and coming off a high after the Barca game.

2. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You should be relegated to serie c for such a display!!! It's not only about roma's scudetto hopes, it's about football in general!!! No other team would have done such a thing, no other fans would celebrate a goal in their own net!!!

3. TheRenter.ca

TheRenter.ca Member

May 27, 2007
    Section 118
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    shameful display by lazio;...no pride, no class...AS Roma is truly the toast of Rome....forever shame on you lazio, forever shame

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As an Italian -American growing up in the SF Bay area and after having lived in Italy, I can not remember seeing a team play so badly especially at home. Hats off to Muslera and Zarate who seeemed to fight but the rest, dear Lord! Of course with Lazio's horrid season they aren't in the same class as Inter but come on! After having beaten them in the Super Cup initially however, I am sure they could have put up more of a fight. They played as if they were the away team and playing the way they did wanting to lose with their own fans cheering for Inter just so roma can lose the scudetto, has got to be considered along the lines of scandalous at best. They didn't even try and I hadn't seen them play this bad leading up to this match and I doubt they will play as bad the next two matches. As a Roma fan, I've stated before my reasons on why I wouldn't want them relegated but watching them play the way they did , I mean I am speechless. However way you look at it, they laid down and that is horrible not only for Lazio as a rule but for Italian soccer in the eyes of the world. Incredible!

5. 1989

1989 New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    lazio, we love you

thank you

passion > football

6. TheRenter.ca

TheRenter.ca Member

May 27, 2007
    Section 118
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  7. Trequartista10

Apr 10, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That truly was disgraceful. I have seen such a display since the 82 world cup when Germany played Austria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Germany_v_Austria_%281982%29

Lazio should be docked points for their display. Only the Goalkeeper and Zarate seemed to give an honest effort. The rest of the team were out for a Sunday kick around at the park with their pal's. Freaking disgraceful.

I realize if Lazio and Inter both play to their best ability Inter still wins. The point is Inter didn't have to exert an effort for the win. Preseason exhibitions are more intense.

8. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    first off i just want to say therenter.ca . please remove your ass from here. your one line about toast is enough to not even read your posts any longer. go back to that forum where you guys talk about danny dichio. you do not know squat about the history between these two teams.

okay now back to the game.. well all of you's are right. I didn't think Lazio would give this game up actually and I thought Inter would win in a legit game. I was disappointed and irritated how Lazio played tonight and it was not right. We should have at least put in a decent effort going back and forward even if we had the mentality of losing. As a Lazio fan, even though I am content with the fact that Inter is still on top, I am disappointed they made it so obvious to the world. Also the Lazio "fans" cheering at the success at Inter also irritated me. It's one thing to want Inter to win, but never should any Laziale cheer out the success of any other team especially against our own. This game today I wish it had went differently with a similar result. Should have played with a bit more bite to their game and not make a fool to the name SSLazio1900.

9. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    That was a shameful display by the Lazio tifosi, Inter still would win the Scudetto with a Lazio victory today. What if the Atalanta defender didn't put the ball in his own net we would be 3 points from relegation.

I didn't think Lazio laid down in the 1st half, Muslera was heroic but Samuel's goal really took the life out of Lazio. The 2nd half was poor but if anyone has watched Lazio this season understands that we don't have anyone that can keep possession in midfield. Lazio's performance wasn't any different than most teams who have little to play for playing against a squad that has been riding high after taking out Barca. There was some quitting in the 2nd half but it wasn't totally due to screwing over Roma, Lazio simply aren't good enough nor do these players have the mettle to come back against a team like Inter.

10. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Last night was pretty funny.

What's even funnier is seeing all the romanelli whining and talking about morals... :D

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Matteo, quella partita e stata uno scandolo! Nessuna squadra al mondo gioca cosi, specialmente in casa. Perche non hanno giocato tale al derby oppure le ultime 3-4 partite? Se Giordano e Rossi sono stati esclusi per 2 anni per illecito sportivo oppure se Luciano Moggi e' stato condannato, cos'e' questo?

Mi dispiace ma da tifoso del calcio italiano, e' proprio una vergogna!

12. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Contro il Genoa la Lazio non è che abbia giocato molto meglio....il derby poi è una partita a parte. Dopo aver saputo il risultato dell'Atalanta la partita, per la Lazio, ha perso completamente significato. Sono salvi, di fatto.

E dubito che l'Inter abbia chiesto nulla...la Lazio ha fatto tutto da sola...non vedo dove sia l'illecito. Se Totti due settimane fa il pollice se lo infilava nel culo magari la Lazio avrebbe giocato...chissà.

Avrei voluto vedere i romanisti a parti invertite...secondo me sarebbe successa la stessa cosa.

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Se parli del pollice allora stai dicendo che hanno giocato cosi a posta? E allora questo secondo te non e' scandolo oppure e' giusto? Non vedo il paragone! Tutte scuse e il pollice di Totti non ha niente che fare con il fatto che loro non abbiano nemmeno fatto un passaggio oltre al centrocampo oppure tirato in porta. Zarate e' stato l'unico che ha fatto qualcosa. Hanno fatto schifo! Bari e Parma non avevano niente da perdere e non ha giocato cosi ma la Lazio ancora rischia la Serie B. Io sono tifoso del calcio e tifo tutte le squadre italiane e quelle del sud e voglio vedere partite vere ma questo e' stato una vergogna. Se Luigi Allemandi e' stato condannato a vita per aver truffato una partita pur essendo il migliore in campo, come fai a dire che questa partita non e' stata truffata? E uno scandolo e basta!

14. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    this sums up how I feel as well....pretty distateful stuff, but the team in general is what it is in the 2nd half.

15. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    I was never that big a fan of Ledesma but watching Baronio out there makes me realize how valuable he is to this team. I can't believe Baronio has had such a long mediocre career after such a promising U-21 career.

With Reja going forward will we stick with the 3-4-1-2? It has worked quite well but there are so many players on this squad that are out of place. There is no room fo Foggia or Hitzelsperger in this formation. This 3-4-1-2 formation relies on speedy wing back with high workrate, and Lietch and Kola are fit for that. The real problem lies in the midfield where our deeper lying mids can't distribute the ball or keep possession. While Mauri can't be a trequartista, he's essentially become a slower Perrotta, a guy who makes plenty of runs but has no touch. So many question marks right now and if our WC participants Muslera, Kola and Lietch have a good tourny they may be up for sale as well.

16. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I think the 3-4-1-2 will have to be scrapped as Kolarov will go for sure. Hitz is def gone...wonder if they can find peace up top rotating the Floccari/Rocchi/Zarate trio. Cruz will be gone.

but the middle has long been the trouble. I like Ledesma as well, but we've never had a good ball-winner next to him and either dont use the wingers like Foggia or misalign them on the field.

17. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Perhaps a 4-3-3 with Zarate and Foggia on the wings with Floccari in the middle. We can put Ledesma-Brocchi and a summer signing in midfield. Borcchi is question mark as well because he plays hard but isn't a true ball winner more of a box to box mid with no finishing. If Kola is leaving as you claim, and Iam sure plenty of the big clubs or mid table clubs in England would love to snap him up, we will have a big void at LB.

So many questions need to be asked.

18. MrHobbles

MrHobbles Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Linden and San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Foggia and Zarate could play as attacking wingers together, I'd be a very happy man. However, it never seems to work out in an actual game. :(

19. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    2-1 win at livorno and we're safe.

cue the offseason mercato, if Lotito runs things the same way again we're in for more of a disaster. this offseason's pieces in doubt may be Kolarov, Lictsteiner, Floccari...even Muslera.

20. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    We are now safe with a game to spare. I was worried about a month ago it would come down to our final match vs Udinese, the road win @ Genoa really secured things.

Lotito has wanted to sell high, Kolarov looks to be up for sale if that's the case. Kolarov has been one of our better offensive players this season and his loss would be big, but if someone is willing to offer 15-20M Euro he will be dealt. Muslera has been one of the better keepers in Serie A this season and a strong showing from Uruguay at the WC can really increase his price tag. Lietch has looked displaeased the last couple of matches and has been wrongfully substituted IMO though yesterday he was injured. He seems displeased and are done by since he is one of the few players to be giving it his all game in and game out. Not sure about Floccari, would like him to stay but but selling him off would give us the opportunity to bolster the midfeild which is severely lacking in quality.

Lotito and Reja must have a plan in place going forward, we were able to survive this season but this club should be battling for a Europa League spot rather than avoiding relegation.

21. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I hope they do have a plan in place, but they probably had a plan last summer and that completely backfired.

Add settling Ledesma and straightening out Zarate as two more major moves to decide on. Floccai's only on loan, gotta pay for him and I believe at least one of those new CBs is on loan.

22. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Internazionale.. Thank You for not letting the Roma squad touch the scudetto. They are not a scudetto team. I cannot praise Diego Milito enough. Congratulations to Inter and it could not of gone to a more deserving team.

Interesting quote by De Rossi: Ricordo che abbiamo vinto con la Juve, di aver vinto i due derby pur non meritandoli e di aver fatto tanti punti per inseguire un sogno. (Remember, we won against Juve and we won two derbies even if we didn't deserve them)

That is why I respect De Rossi much more than Totti. I appreciate his honesty, I don't remember De Rossi taunting the opposing fans and is not a dirty scum bag who plays dirty and hacks on the back of a teenagers calf.

Lazio finish 12th place which is below all of our expectations. Regardless we had an amazing end to the campaign, I wanted a much better result. I think Ballardini really screwed Lazio over when you look at what Edy Reja did. Shame on Ballardini and the team who hires him next must really be desperate.

23. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    One more year we finish ahead of you

24. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sorry, who are you? are you a merda fan who loves sucking on Totti's vag?

Did you win anything at all this year?.. at all?

Please go back home son. I pity you.

25. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    dont feed the troll squadra.

so we finish 9 pts outta europe and 11 from relegation, but lets not let a quick finish sugarcoat how bad the team was. They need an overhaul and a settled team on Sept 1. Lets hope Lotito doesnt flush another season away.