Lazio 2012-2013 EL Campaign

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by Rob_420, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Are you telling me you wouldn't take the chance to go to ET for fatigue reasons? Sure we got Juve on the weekend, but in reality this along with Coppa should be our objectives. The CL has slipped away once again and at best we're looking at the EL again next season. The Coppa still grants us an automatic berth to the EL I believe.

2. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Only the winner of the Coppa Italia goes into the Europa League. The loser gets nothing unless the winner is already qualified for Europe. Since Roma or Internazionale are not looking good for Europe if we lose there is no garuntee we would be back in Europe next season. We must rectify our League form immedietely and hopefully finish in the top five.

The League must always be a priority unless in the event of a Final.

3. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Played a solid 1st half but no goals to show for it. Ederson and Hernanes have left their shooting boots at home unfortunately. Kozak has been average as well. We're really pressing them and have forced tons of corners as well. I still don't know how we haven't scored against these guys yet.

4. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Looks liek Klose will be coming on. Even at 60% he's a threat.

5. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Well Fener score on their only chance of the match. The damage in the 1st leg was too much to overcome.

6. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Match Stats

• Lazio
    • Fenerbahce
    21(12) Shots (on goal) 6(2)
    12 Fouls 15
    12 Corner kicks 4
    0 Offsides 1
    62% Time of Possession 38%
    3 Yellow Cards 3
    0 Red Cards 0
    1 Saves 8

It just wasn't meant to be. The refereeing coupled with the silly 90th minute goal conceded in the 1st leg ruined us.

7. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We tried everything. The first leg result was a disaster, the referee ruined it for us. We threw everything at them at the end but they scored on their only chance. That was really galling. Over the two legs they were more clinical then us. I can not fault the effort or commitment though.

8. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Agreed can't fault the effort in both legs tbh. 11 vs 11 we were the better team, but they were more clinical and Erkin really tilted the tie in their favor in the 1st leg and he scored the tying goal tonight as well.