Lazio 2012-2013 EL Campaign

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by Rob_420, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks Rob.

Seems like a dead rubber already now. Have you watched the match? How have we been playing?

2. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    even after stuttgart scored the game still feels slow, lazio looking a little complacent

3. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not even following it to be honest. I am watching Chelsea and they have just scored.

I just hope Lazio win because it would be great for our confidence and we would get three coefficent points taking us level with Milan. Only Juventus would have more from the Italian front.

4. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yep its over, hat trick for kozak which puts him up there in the top for goals in the EL, good job lazio

5. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wish we could play Stuttgart and Monchengladbach everytime. They are teams Lazio like to play.

Really great for Kozak. That makes him top scorer in Europa League surely? He has more goals in Europa League then Serie A. I am guessing this match was a total waste of time. If anyone saw the match it would be good to get their thoughts on Lazio performance.

6. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    honestly it was, stuttgart got 2-3 good chances on goal early in the second half but instead of pressing on they let off for no good reason, they really only pressed lazio in the last 15-10mins of play and by then doubts started to sink in, ciani i thought did very well and im glad he has had chances to play and show his ability

7. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Or play in the Bundesliga!

I kind of swithced off after the first two goals and took a glance here and there. We had a couple opf other great 1st half chances. 2nd half we looked lazy and Stuttgart had some decent chances and got a goal of some hard work. Kozak finished nicely off a nice cross from Candreva. Candreva did very well and was the best player on the pitch over both legs.

8. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lazio can probably edge out spurs and newcastle, chelsea has a lot of power offensively but besides them not much to worry about in benfica, fener, basel, rubin is a bit of a wildcard

9. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    At least they did better then Monchengladbach who relied solely on penalties to score and needed an hour to register a shot on target. I am not bothered about missing it then. Nothing learnt at all and when you are facing teams and winning against like Stuttgart, no offence to them, you really learn nothing new and we do not know if we turned a corner considering our League form. I hope so but I would not bank on it.

Good Ciani played and not Cana. Ciani has done really well since he has come in. His strength and heading prowess gives us at least something to aim for in set pieces which for Lazio traditionally been a waste of time.

10. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would not take anything for granted now. Every team is going to be difficult and each has their own merits. Benfica have technical ability while Tottenham have pace and direct play. It is a good mix. If I had to pick I would want Basel.

11. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    We got Fenerbahce, can't complain Chelsea are the class of the remaining teams, so nice to avoid them. Fener is a difficult place to play and they just brushed aside a good Plzen team which blew out Napoli in the San Paolo.

They got some quality players in Sow, Mereiles, Kuyt, Volkan, Krasic, and other lesser known players like Stoch, Sahin, Topal. Decent squad they sit in 2nd in Turk league behind Gala. Istanbul is always a difficult place to play though I have seen many teams go into Turkey and turn the thir rabid fan base against them, by playing smart and efficiently. Turkish teams seem to press too much at home and they can succumb to the pressure.

12. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Kozak looks brilliant in the Europa League. He must be enjoying this moment in time with his career. Congrats Kozak. I just wish he could get a goal in Serie A.

Another German team out which is great. Serie A teams are stronger and we have shown that with ease these past 2 round plus Rubentus will outclass Bayern. German playing Italian teams are never a good thing for Germans.

As mentioned, no team can be taken for granted at this point. Every team has shown to be serious if they have come this far. Fenerbache will be interesting. I fully expected to beat Stuttgart as a I mentioned here before and mentioned I wanted to beat Stuttgart on a greater margin in the second leg and we did. But Fenerbache to me is up in the air. I cant predict this one.

Hopefully we can carry this Italian Flag deep into this Europa League. Daje Lazio !

13. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They are actually third behind Besiktas and four points behind Galatasaray.

In group stage they lost 3-0 at home to Monchengladbach and only won match at home overall. Their away record is significantly better.

14. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010
    I think You guys will eleminate Fener.

Theyr best attacking option is; Right wing attacks. Right Full Back Gokhan Gonul is the mostn dangerious player of theyr squad. And, he is the best full back of theyr country/national team.

Theyr best player is Emre Belozoglu.But,he cant play at European Cups,duo to his Atletico MAdrid uefa cup games.

Fener added good forward,you guys know him i gues; Webo.

They already have quality striker Sow.

the rest is medicore i think.

so,

4 danger player,one is cant play in uefa games, the other 3 is gokhan gonul and sow and webo...
    webo currently injury,and could be ready for this tour.

Theyr attacking heavily from right side.
    and theyr try is; direct shots.they do shots.

I think Lazio has got more indivual and skillful players and aswell Lazio looks more a compact team which use consistend eleven.

over all;

This match up I see Lazio goes to next round.

squadra_azzurri repped this.
  15. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Thanks for the scouting report on Fener. We've got the better roster and seem to be playing well against non Serie A teams. We do have the 2nd leg at home, I think we'll be fine if we can get a draw in Istranbul.

16. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010
    ywc.

is it correct that that lazio will gonna play at home without supporters?

17. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes we have a ban from UEFA that will not allow us to have fans in the stadium due to a section of the stadium chanting Racist remarks.

18. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No, that is incorrect.

The ban is for 200-300 people doing a Roman salute in the match against Borussia Monchengladbach.

19. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I thought that was our warning and then there was another incident?

20. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No. We had no fans against Stuttgart. The match before that was Monchengladbach when we were already on a warning. Some brainless morons, no prizes for which part of the stadium they were in, decided to do that salute even when we were on a warning so we got banned for two matches. We already served one match against Stuttgart and the next one will be against Fenerbahce.

21. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Football Italia

Petkovic:

“We have to make the most of our physical and psychological characteristics to beat Fenerbahce. We are here to dominate our opponents.”

“From Friday we will think about the Rome Derby, but not before. All the players in the squad can feature, then I must decide if they start or are on the bench.”

Agreed. As much as it satisfies me to beat AS merda .. We should really take this Europa just as serious as we can take on any team in Europa. We are undefeated and we should end it this way. Avanti Lazio.

22. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Agreed, another derby sweep would give the team and it's supporters bragging rights for the next 8 months. But it's not every season, well 10 seasons to be exact for us to be in the QF of the Europa/UEFA Cup. We've been a much better team in the Europa than Serie A and it looks like Klose will be ready to go.

23. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010
    whats the probable starting line up ?

ps:

petkovic coached in the super league before,
    i bet he knows very well about fener .

is kozak will gonna play?

24. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think the probable line up is:

Gonzalez Cana Ciani Radu
    Onazi
    Candreva Hernanes Ederson Lulic
    Kozak

Kozak should play since Klose will be rested for the derby match.

25. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010
    the golie? marchetti ,right?

gonzalez who ?
    why not konko on that spot.

cana to cb,wowwwww..... ok, he played -stutgart game in that position,but,why not pure cb dont play in that spot?

ciani,hmm.ok.
    radu ,cool player,i like his style.
    onazi?, no ledesma?. well, onazi played very well vs stutgart, but,in that spot hernanes played in that game actualy ,if iam not mistaken..hernanes of course not a dm,but,he can play in some game as a hibrid style....in stutgart game 4141 hernanes werent the 1 infront of the defens four ?

candreva, what a talent. i like his style and effort .
    ederson good perform at stutgart game...lulic too.
    kozak did prety well in that game, so,if not,klose,i bet its not gonna be problem in this spot, kozak will give his best.

whats the prediction ?

i say 1-1