Lavolpes last cup with el tri??????

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by eL SaNcHo 22, Jul 12, 2005.

1. eL SaNcHo 22

eL SaNcHo 22 New Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Kenosha, Wi
    I'm pretty sure u guys have all herd all the smack Lavolpe has been talking about the doping incident and now blamed the clubs for giving the players the drugs I think that if Mexico doesn't win the cup lavolpe might b gone. what do u guys think???

pS. Cruz Azul president will have a meeting with all other owners of Mexican clubs after the gold cup to discus the problem and lavolpes future

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/story?id=344248

2. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    Wont happen. His sh!t talking is legitimate. SInce he knows the players didnt get it from the NT doctor.

Hugo Sanchez adding fuel to the fire only makes the pro-LaVolpers back him more.

What was Kikin trying to say in last nights interview? I missed it, but it sounded like it was getting argumentative between him and la prensa.

3. eL SaNcHo 22

eL SaNcHo 22 New Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Kenosha, Wi

i dont knoe a lot of owners a really mad and they have the power but idk only time will tell anyway about Kikin heres wat happend
    http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/story?id=344542

4. kehl

kehl Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Kamogawa BG
    Lavolpe is a good coach, sure, but he can be a total and complete jerk when a microphone is in front of him. He has made mistake after mistake with the press, saying things like "En México no hay talento", among other stupid statements. Now what he said about Cruz Azul and the doping thing wasn't smart either... he should just stop talking to the press if he can't say something intelligent, or at least coherent.

5. chapulin

chapulin Member

Feb 27, 2005
    El Estado Dorado
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hope not.

6. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    kicking out Lavolpe when we're less than a year away from the WC and when the team it's getting better and better? that would be the worst decision the federation has taken, if they actually fire Lavolpe to hire Hugo, they would lose all credibility...

7. kehl

kehl Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Kamogawa BG
    I don't think that'll happen, Federación wouldn't kick him out, if anything Lavolpe would quit.

The Hugo/Lavolpe thing ain't the problem now, the thing is the doping situation, people keep on talking and talking and Lavolpe messed things up saying that there must be more Cruz Azul players doing drugs, if not all of them except Kikín and Osorio (because they're clean), Cruz Azul's president obviously jumped and fired back.. and well, things are heating up day by day ... Lavolpe said he'll quit if people keep talking about it. (Which is stupid of him to say. but whatever).

He always threatens to quit when things get ugly.

8. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    damn. Why they bringing him into the mix? :mad:

Here comes the blaming game.

This is going to get out of control quick. It's going to open up like a can of worms at the owners meeting.

On one hand you have the team doing so well out on the field and the other internal problems can ruin all that has been accomplished.

9. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    it is out of control...Kikin was on the news last night...he was surprised Lavolpe had said it was him the one who told him about Corona taking some stuff...he said he didn't trust lavolpe anymore and that things would be different now..

Lavolpe just apologized and said he would talk to Alvarez to clarify all this that has been said...

All the Cruz Azul players have taken doping tests, till today half the results are done and they all have come up negative...

10. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    THIS JUST IN FROM TV AZTECA'S LOS PROTAGONISTAS weekday afternoon edition:

1. Lavolpe offers apologies to the public due to all the embarassment caused by the entire doping affair on behalf of the team AND admits he ran his mouth. (But... Galindo started the mudslinging) :D

2. TV Azteca's commentators in Houston claim a man on a flight coming in from MExico City was heavily questioned by U.S. Customs at the airport due to his bringing in 1 luggage piece full of flyers. While they don't know what happened to the guy or his luggage, they speculate maybe he was paid to do the "Tucazo", i.e., to distribute anti-NT propaganda, maybe paid for by hugo sanchez.

3.press conference by rafa marquez.

11. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    i never liked Lavolpe...

me and my dad get into this everyday...

Hugo Sanchez Cabronez !!!!!

12. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I support Lavolpe and if anyone wants to get rid of him wait till after the World Cup.

13. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    LaVolpe's comments about doping remind me of Fox's comments about blacks. What they said is probably true, but as the head of the national team or a country, you don't say such things in public. I am pretty sure that Osorio and Kikin said whatever LaVolpe said they said, but you don't break the trust of your players like that. Fonseca said yesterday that his trust of LaVolpe has dramatically changed and that there are things that are talked among them that should be kept private.

Nothing is going to change though, De la Torre has to leave first before LaVolpe leaves.

14. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I don't know one minute la volpe seems to do a good job and the next he's a two face, then again I get nightmares of Hugo Sanchez taking off his shirt due to his temperness at games omg it's going to get ugly if Hugo can't restraign his self on the pitch!

15. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace

I dont think LaVolpe is a bad coach , but he is a PR Nightmare and he has
    pushed the FMF up against the wall on this ,I think this one is the one that sends him out . He can not continue ,he may not even finish this tournament.

16. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Because he is a Cruz Azul player. Elementary noob cakes, elementary ;) :)

17. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    LOL finally you caught him on that one!

18. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Lavolpe made a big mistake pointing fingers at Cruz Azul, but this is the typical way things are handled in Mexico, Noone wants to take responsability for their actions.
    "Yo no fui, fue te te"

The fact is someone gave these guys the dope, they knew (Lavolpe, el doctor de la seleccion, De la Torre) that this guys,(or at least Galindo, if what he says is true) were doped before the Conferderations Cup started, and still they took kept them on the team.

On top of that, there is Hugo taking this opportunity to run his mouth trying to get the job.

19. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    interesting question raised...

If Lavolpe was fired should Hugo takover? or should a "lavolpista" be brought in to finish the cycle. I don't think it would be fair to Hugo or anybody if he got the job, the players seem to be getting Lavolpes system down and would probably be hurt if they had to change everything a year away from the WC. Perhaps a coach that follows the same style as lavolpe would be the best fit a year away from the WC... of course Hugo should probably be the next in line when it comes time for the next "processo" to start.

However I think Lavlope has to go, how can his players come to him with a problem if he keeps blabbing to the press to save his own bacon. I just don't think the players can trust him and that is definatley detrimental to the team.

20. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    It should be De la Torre's last cup with el tri instead.

Overall, the problem was that the doping tests were not programmed in time, thus the results came in AFTER the team had already played in Germany.
    Then, the FMF failed to provide an explanation about the issue, not only to the public, but especially to FIFA, and this is where it got ugly.
    Finally, Hugo Sanchez and HIS media have been running their mouth.
    Each of these points has a different source and a different authority to deal with, but in general what we see here is a terrible management of the situation.
    Lavolpe is great coaching but in terms of P.R. unwillingly he just made an a$$ of himself trying to defend his stance. I ask:Where is the FMF's Spokesperson?
    If the test dates were not scheduled properly, Where's the Comissioner of Selecciones Nacionales?
    If, for the sake of competition ethics and conflicts of interest, the Federation can't zip Hugo's lip, Where's the Disciplinary Comission?
    Let's not forget De La Torre at some point was even Arrested for tax evasion while being FMF president.
    Despite all this, I think it's too late already even for De La Torre to quit. But I think it would be best if he decides to quit after the world cup or something like that.

21. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Re: It should be De la Torre's last cup with el tri instead.

What do you guys think of Leo benhakker for Mexicco ational team coach he knows his sh$t plus he has a good coaching record and has coach some big clubs in his time including Real Madrid and club America plus look what he has done with Trinidad& tabago?

22. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    Re: It should be De la Torre's last cup with el tri instead.

Now u are the one on dope.

23. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    i dont think they'll kick lavolpe out. because he is doing a good job. All lavolpe did was run his mouth and point fingers.

24. El Chivito

El Chivito New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Califas
    There is going to have to be more motive to get LaVolpe out whether we like him or not.

25. chapulin

chapulin Member

Feb 27, 2005
    El Estado Dorado
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If your getting anyone to replace Lavolpe, get TUCA FERRETI!!! This guy is a savage!!! :D