Lavolpe, PLEASE play Memo Ochoa!!!

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Austinite, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Austinite

Austinite New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Austin,TX
    Come on!!! He was probably the best goalie all season, but then you go and play Corona, who if I recall correctly, gave up 6 goals to America in the final. Munoz can hold his own, but if they are going to be rotating goalies, he needs to give Ochoa his shot....I think he deserves at least one game.

2. kehl

kehl Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Kamogawa BG
    Yes! that's what we all want.. Memo deserves a chance! besides..the day of the game will be his birthday, hehe it'd be a great gift to let him play.

3. Ese_Guy

Ese_Guy New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Sunny Southern CA
    Seems like LaVolpe is trying each one out.
    I hope MEmo plays soon.
    Corona also did good with Chivas in La Libertadores - don't forget about that.

4. kehl

kehl Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Kamogawa BG
    No, Lavolpe said a few days ago that he'd let Corona and Moi play all the games, because Ochoa is 'too young' and blah blah. :mad: he's so unfair to Memo.

5. Austinite

Austinite New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Austin,TX
    I agree Corona had a good Libertadores tourney. But I think it is fair to say that Ochoa was a little more consistent throughtout the year. On sportscenter the other day, it was said that Lavople was only going to go w/ munoz and corona for the gold cup.

6. kehl

kehl Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Kamogawa BG
    Yeah, Memo deserves to get the chance! and what Lavolpe said is stupid and unfair... ¬__¬

7. El Chivito

El Chivito New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Califas
    It would be nice to show-case our young talent in an international arena.

8. Ese_Guy

Ese_Guy New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Sunny Southern CA
    One way or another, he's getting exposure. It's all good. He will eventually represent.

9. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    he needs to give Ochoa a chance he let the other 2 foos post up..

nececita calar a los tres y ver aqual es el mas chingon..

plus he says ochoa is unexperianced he should put him in so he can atleast be " experianced " for the world cup..

10. Austinite

Austinite New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Austin,TX
    One thing for sure, is I would like to see any of the 3 be in place of Conejo for the world cup.

11. kehl

kehl Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Kamogawa BG
    Yeah, I think so too.

12. CityWokGuy

CityWokGuy New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    CA
    Yeah I know what you mean, I went to see Mexico vs. Guatemala on Sunday and when Ochoa came out I was so excited but the idiot laVolpe didn't play him. Just give him a chance!!!!

13. Rey_Azteka

Rey_Azteka New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Long Beach C.A
    yeah man... that is true... Conejo's time is up now... hes to old he sucks.. his " conejo " speed is gone hes more like a turtle now..

he needs to retire his bald ass and join a church group or something.

14. SpaceMonkey874

SpaceMonkey874 New Member

Jul 4, 2004
    I'm not sure if I would debut Ochoa now either (if I had the choice, of course).

The game against Jamaica is important, qualification to the second round depends on it. If we would have beaten South Africa then giving Ochoa a shot would have been reasonable. But now, I don't think I would have a young 19 year old keeper make his national team debut in a game that is kind of important without having a real reason for it, no matter how good he is.

But then again, Casillas didn't do so bad, did he?

15. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Fvck no he did not. Ochoa had a consistant season with America and is better than an overweight Munoz or an inconsistant Corona.

16. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    corona was far more consistent than ochoa during the season

ochoa makes too many noob mistakes

wait a few years and he'll be ready for the national team. not now, not when he made like 5 mistakes in the playoffs.

17. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    5 mistakes that led to how many goals?

18. kehl

kehl Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Kamogawa BG
    Ochoa makes too many mistakes? :confused: I can count the mistakes he's had with the fingers of my left hand. Sure Corona is good, but the truth is that Ochoa is better, younger and better, I wouldn't hesitate a second if I had to choose between them (and I wouldn't even think of Muñoz, not for a split second). I think it's nonesense to think he's not ready for the National Team, when he's making a wonderful job being the goal keeper of the most hated/loved team of México. Talk about pressure, Ochoa knows what that's like and he handles it like no one else.

19. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    ocoa should be the starter but you know lavolpe :rolleyes:
    I bet since mexico beat guatemala with a clean sheet munoz is going to start against jamaica :(

20. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América

So, 5 mistakes over the whole playoffs or 6 goals in the final and most important game, which would you pick?

Since no one ever presents a good argument against Ochoa besides experience I'll say it again. How do you expect him to ever gain experience if the continue to call him up but dont play him. Why do you guys think he got the playing time with america when the had Rios, Saja, and Martinez all proven quality keepers. He has all the skills necessary to play.

21. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    they said that on sportscenter?

22. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Begging gets you no where.

But when in Rome...

Darth Volpe please play Paddilla!

23. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I understand most want Ochoa even though I don't think he had a better season than Corona... and Corona didn't do so good against South Africa, but why don't you guys like Muñoz?

24. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Accepted goals is an inaccurate measure for goalkeeping skills, America received LOTS of goals all season long, and Ochoa is still one of the best goalies. Corona still better right now even if he 'ate' 6 pepinos in the 2nd leg.

I totally agree, Ochoa is still in development; America received a lot of goals, and while we can blame Tronquio Davino and butcher Rojas for weak marking and the sidebacks for not making the runs, Ochoa did have some problems with diving and positioning that can be worked... if you notice, his greatest saves came from his otherworldly reflexes, and that's a great gift, as soon as he polishes other skills with proper training, he'll be #1

And consistency means that a keeper plays all (or most) of his matches at the same level, that title belongs to Corona IMO.

25. Rusty_Shackleford

Mar 24, 2004
    5 mistakes that led to five goals. i've already posted about this once, i'll find and repost it.