Laugh Now/Cry Later

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by L.A. SOCCER NATION, Jul 8, 2005.

1. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    To all the people that laughed and thought that Chivas USA was a failure in the MLS due to all the lack of victorys, attendance and most importantly,Talent, "WELL ALL OF YOU GUESSED WRONG"

With the addition of Juan Pablo Garcia, Paco Palencia, Luis Alvarez and Hector "Pirata" Castro the cry's start for all the Chiva haters.

People will now be able to witness a true power team full of talent and experience. August will be a historic month for the the CHIVAS USA organization. Not even the metrostars were abe to build a dynamic and talanted team as fast as CHIVAS did. CHIVAS USA is here to stay and it will dominate the league, the team will only get better.

On Saturday, October 8, The Honda Super Clasico will the true game for the Galaxy and it will be then that the true rivalry will start.

Talent vs Talent
    Superstars vs Superstars
    Passionate Fans vs Passionate Fans
    Antonio Villaraigosa vs Drew Carey

So for all you chiva haters please laugh :D now cause the crying will start very soon :mad:

Only In L.A.

2. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah

Maybe in Columbus

But it HAS been a good laugh

3. Nodak

Nodak New Member

Feb 28, 2005
    I like these additions, compete I have no doubt but dominate? I'll wait and see on that one. Either way I've liked the style of play but I'll dislike this organization as long as that owner continues to spout stupid shite.(Honestly I don't want to dislike Chivas I tend to think they bring a lot of positive history and style to the league) My first MLS experience was in D.C. and with that I'll never ever have another first. Vive United.

4. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    I can't wait to see this happen....but dominate may take another season or so...but not impossible

;)

5. Ese_Guy

Ese_Guy New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Sunny Southern CA
    What are you some kind of cholo?

Anyhow, I hope CHivas picks up. How can they not?

6. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    LOL :D ((ORALE VATO!)) :D

7. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who knew Vince McMahon liked soccer?

8. Scottt1115

Scottt1115 Member

Sep 14, 2003
    SLC, UT
    4 New internationals, will they have to cut three others then? Or are they just immune to the MLS international restrictions?

9. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they had 2 spots open already and with Zuniga retiring that give them another. With mls and all the crap they make up I am sure theres another spot somewhere somehow

scheduling NOTE the October 8th game was rescheduled to a date in August. Oct will now be the Greenday concert

10. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    Zuniga SI slot for Palencia
    Existing YI slot for JPG
    Loera who is week to week contract SI slot for Castro
    Current Chivas player (Begines or Mendoza) for Luis Alvarez

There you go...

and NOBODY IS IMMUNED!!!! Moooooowahahahahaha.........

***For more info regarding transfers "refuerzos" visit the thread titled "refuerzos"...laters...

11. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    It's official.

Now, El futbol esta aqui.

12. mowkeka

mowkeka New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    I remember hearing similiar propaganda at the beginning of the season.
    No matter how you dice it, Chivas USA is the worst team in league history. They haven't even won a game in two months. Seriously, TWO MONTHS!
    They are horrendous and these new additions might add a little spark, but not much.

13. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    MLS history has a depressing number of instances of great forwards not being able to take bad teams into the playoffs (Wynalda & the Clash, Johnson & Dallas).

If they can figure out how to replace guys who would be cut from Primera A teams with MFL superstars & guys who get regular Tri callups and not go over the salary cap, I want my team to sign CDC USA's accountants.

14. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been excited about Chivas USA entering the league, though I'm not a Chivas USA fan. What I'm excited about is the CD Guadalajara tradition of building through a top notch youth system and whether they might be able to export that north and lead the way to the rest of the league (who shamefully has dallied on this front).

The problem is that the fruits of anything like this are several years down the line, and in the meantime they need to satiate fans right now. Hopefully these moves will get things going in the right direction.

At the very least, the season so far should be a valuable learning experience to Vergara, Cue and Westerhoff as to the level of the league and what it is going to take to win in it. The Revolution starting XI has featured 5 US National Teamers this year and one of their best players is not among those 5. MLS may be a new league, and it may not yet be on the level of the MFL, but that's a team with more talent on it than I'd guess the Chivas management expected to see. And while in 1st, the Revs are not dominating the league by any stretch.

If Chivas USA embraces this challenge and takes all of the steps necessary, I'd expect this to become a very successful club.

15. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas

its not fair to say that about EJ, he was not a great forward until about midway through last season when the light just came on, and we only missed out on the playoffs by goal differential.

16. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Is it just me or does Villaraigosa seem to be like a Mexican equivalent of Colin Powell (or for a more apt analogy Tom Bradley)? Not too long after he won the election and Chivas invited him to a game at the HDC and FSN interviewed him he sounded like he wasn't too in touch with soccer or Chivas...I can't remember what he said but to paraphrase he said something clueless like "I'm glad that the Chiva invited me to be here" ...is he what Chicanos would call a 'pocho' ? I'm not too up to date on LA politics so correct me if I'm wrong. Is he bilingual? Is he in touch with the Chicanos?

Dammit, our celeb fan should be Edward James Olmos!!

17. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hes in touch with the latino community, he is clearly not in touch with the soccer community. he b ows to any crowd if he thinks it will bring him in enough votes. We'll see how he handles himself now hes in office.

18. El Chivito

El Chivito New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Califas
    He is in touch with the Latino/Mexican community, but he is definetly considered a "pocho". He is bilingual, but his spanish can use some work. All the power to Villa-raigosa.

19. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Villaraigosa really a Chivas USA fan?

20. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Getting back to the thread, I'm watching Chivas RSL. Granted, it's RSL with a truly miserable back line (they're missing several players, including Eddie Pope), but nonetheless this is a continuation of Chivas' improved play over the last few games. Hans Westerhoff is a proven coach, and although Chivas does not have the horses right now, I can foresee them surprising a lot of people next season.

21. PJohnson

PJohnson Member+

DC United
    Dec 16, 2004
    South Dakota
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad CD Chivas USA is in MLS! I always felt they would bring something different and positive to the league. And that first Clasico' match against LA Galaxy showed me all I needed to see.

I for one have not been laughing at Chivas USA. I was frankly surprised how much the ownership underestimated the level of MLS. Particularly given the results of USA vs Mexico matches over the last few years. But I fully expect them to make adjustments and become very competative.

Given the salary structure of MLS I realize the following scenario would be impossible. But I would love to see CD Chivas USA loaded up with first team regulars from the MFL. Because one of two things would happen. Either they would take the league by storm and raise the level of play. Or the rest of the league could laugh it's ass off watching the "Mexican super team" finish with the third or fourth best record in MLS.

In my opinion either scenario is a winner. :D

22. Che chico!

Che chico! Member

Dec 21, 2004
    West LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good game guys! It was an entertaining match to watch and hopefully this team will bring that same intensity into Saturday. I for one hope that someday Los Angeles will hold the powerhouse clubs of MLS and not another Lakers and Clippers situation!