Latest Libby Filings...strategy's clearer, could spell trouble for Fitzboy

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Karl K, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Rove testifying again

Unlikely.

He might be distracted, but he'll still be a major player in this year's campaigns.

2. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't Rove step down from Bush's royal court to focus on midterm elections?? Oh baby, this could be better than Barcelona getting in the final... :)

3. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

You don't think that him getting indicted will have any affect on the elections?

4. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I refuse to have hope. You can't make me.

5. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago

I used Fox News because it was the ONLY media source that printed Luskiin's statement -- about as unequivocal as it can get -- as far as I can tell.

I would have quoted the Daily Kos if they had had it.

6. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

I'm finding it everywhere, but that's ok.

this is a good synopsis.

mmmm, I smell popcorn.

7. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Let's see I get slammed for quoting Fox News -- and again, the only reason I did so was because it had Luskin's unequivocal statement -- and then, what, heybeerman quotes TRUTHOUT??

Taking it SERIOUSLY?

This guy can't even keep his own stories straight.

First he says this:

and then he says this

Jesus, which is it? Indictments or no?

The guy can't even remember what he wrote 6 paragraphs before.

8. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    On the issue of whether Fitzgerald actually has the authorization to indict, Walton's opinion is just the beginning.

This one's going to go as far on appeal as Libby's team can take it.

Hmmm...how do you think Roberts, Alito, and Scalia might react?

9. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Who would've thought a few months ago that a Democratic House was more likely than a Democratic Senate? Of course, the Senate is more complicated to win because it's a race to 51 for the Dems, and 50 for the GOP. Dems need all five major incumbent toss-ups - MT (Burns vs. Tester / Morrison), MO (Talent vs. McCaskill), OH (Dewine vs. Brown), PA (Santorum vs. Casey), and RI (Chafee vs. Whitehouse). And, they need to hold MN and NJ. And, they need one more -- maybe TN with Frist out. It's tough.

On the Pres race, it's good to see Warner futures moving upwards over the past few months.

10. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh come on. This was a Hail Mary from the outset; I highly doubt it goes any further.

11. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I hid it under the guise of The Scoop from NZ, no one caught it.

It's all speculation at this point, I've been having a mini orgasms all day that he might be brought down. Here's a link that seems to think he won't.

Karl, I can't believe that you are proud to be on "that" side. This guy is right. I'll have my little O over this but it's too late, the dark side has won and it will take a long time to repair the damage.

12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem with Rove's "I wouldn't lie because I know the truth would come out, and I'm not stupid" is that the Bushies were obviously, and publicly (there's a great quote from Bush himself) assuming that the journos would never have to testify on their anonymous sources.

As for Karl's motive red herring, dude, it's been covered! Was it Waas? Anyway, the whole point of the whole thing was to make sure there was no substantive congressional or journalistic inquiry into how we got into Iraq until after the 2004 election. IOW, it was less a coverup than a delaying move, and it worked.
    I heard it was for an entirely different reason.

13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I understand this post correctly, you're saying Libby will be able to beat the rap due to Bush v. Gore 2, Electric Bugaloo.

Um, great, Karl, great.

PS...you forgot Thomas. That's OK, we all try our very best to.

14. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Cert. denied.

15. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Karl, your batting average makes even this guy look like Hank Aaron.

[​IMG]

16. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Just in case everyone is unclear, THIS is a prediction.

What I have written on this subject, and I daresay many others, if not all, is not.

17. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If Bush were the drunken (?**) skipper and/or designer of the Titanic, as the boat tip towards the sky as it prepared to sink to the bottom of the Atlantic, Karl would be there screaming that this was all just a conspiracy of our "ilk" to bring down all that is right and just in the world.

**I can't recall if the captain was drunk or if that was just the Exxon guy.

18. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    so we get this overwrought sentiment

...and then we get Fitzboy, who can't find a REAL crime to indict on, indeed, can't even USE the word "covert" as it applies to Val Gal, stooping to indict on a alleged mis-statement about an incident that means absolutely nothing.

THAT's what is criminal, ladies and gentlelent. Millions of dollars spent on a effin' wild goose chase over absolutely and totally NADA.

What a joke.

You see, that's what you guys are cheering on. A joke. A complete joke.

19. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More irony from the king of unintentional comedy.

20. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah. None of these guys ever got a blow job.

National security vs. bj

Yeah. Let's spend millions researching a goddamn blow job. :rolleyes:

EDIT: God I can't wait to see what the fallout from this "joke" is.

21. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    And that TOO was a waste. They are a both equally silly.

22. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The CIA disagrees.

And I know that you're hell-bent on the fact that Plame wasn't "covert", but the CIA, you know... the experts in the field... disagree.

23. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    But thats exactly how I feel. You being from the right or at least aligned with it wouldn't feel that way.

Perjury is not a crime? It was serious enough to send all the rats scurrying.

If Rove gets indicted, that's an indication that its not a joke. What will be a joke is if little becomes of it. I believe that this is just the tip of the iceberg of corruption in the government. Now I'm not saying that the Democrats are wonderful either. I'm saying that this is the most corrupt, incompetant and damaging administration ever. I want them all hanging from the yard arm. Then we can bring the next set of crooks in and start all over again.

24. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    That prediction is so solid that there should be an [R] in the thread title.

25. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    This is what really depresses me about this administration.

They had the backing of the entire country to do what is just, honest, decent and right to defend our country and protect our citizens. We even had the entire WORLD backing us.

Instead, BushCo got seriously greedy and took that good will as a carte blanche to do whatever they goddamn wanted. This was crystal clear to me on Sept. 12, 2001, when Bush began to use dictatorial rhetoric.

When somebody dared to question them, they lashed out, completely disregarding the ramifications of their actions. Encharged w/ protecting our nation, they scoffed and did what they pleased to get back at someone who dared exercise their Constitutional rights!!!

THAT's criminal, Karl.

And THAT's why this shit ain't gonna die. Bc at least somebody has the decency to do what is right and just to protect our nation, its democracy, its citizens, its Constitution. :mad: