Latest Libby Filings...strategy's clearer, could spell trouble for Fitzboy

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Karl K, Apr 13, 2006.

1. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I stated earlier in this thread, motive is not an element of perjury. In other words, if defense counsel files an appeal of a criminal conviction for perjury and the appeal is based on insufficiency of the evidence (ie., Jackson v. Virginia), arguing that the prosecution failed to show motive......that appeal is dismissed as meritless.

Again, as I also stated, in many cases, a prosecutor would like to be able to show a motive but it's not necessary as a legal element of the case.

2. NSlander

NSlander Member

Feb 28, 2000
    LA CA
    Perhaps you should consider petitioning the moderators to be appointed Karl's guardian ad litem.

Job had NOTHING on you.

3. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ehhh, I don't know....I've never tried one of those Segway's.

Oh, you mean Job, not Gob......

:D

4. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I don't do criminal, but I don't think "motive" is an element of any crime. Intent is another matter, but clearly Karl's legal analysis was shaped by his mastery of "Clue."

5. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not.....but I know how Karl likes nuance and specificity so I was limiting my comments to perjury.

6. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Sure you can. Statutory rape, negligent homicide. What are you talking about?

7. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    We have 24 hours in a day.

Why you people spend any bit of that typing responses to Kark Keller will continue to amaze me.

8. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    In fairness, so is Fitzgerald.

9. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Speaking of Fitzgerald his flag is flying high today with the all counts conviction of Republican scumbag ex-Illinois waste of chad George Ryan.
    Fitz defeated scumbag ex-Illinois Governor Jim Thompson and fellating minion pro-se scumbag tobacco lawyer Dan Webb in putting Ryan in the stripey hole.

Now, on to his next triumph, in Washington. Then, back home for the main event, the destruction of the Cook County Democratic Party (Which is merely a cabal with the downstate scumbag Republicans)

Good job Fitz!!! Have at them!!!

10. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Rove testifying again

So the Fat Pig of Neo Cons is testifying to Fitz for the fifth time. Anyone think that him stepping down from poilicy is a cover? Maybe it's getting hot in the trough, time for them to start easing him out? Or maybe it's just what they say it is. Maybe I just am blinded by "my hatred for Buscho".

11. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Waiting for the latest Karl missive (courtesy of WSJ opinion pages) spouting off about how mean old Fitzmas is falsely accusing of poor Scooter of all sorts of nasty things.

12. Dan Loney

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Yeah, the Wall Street Journal hates the idea of anyone being falsely accused of anything.

Sincerely,
    Hillary Clinton
    Murderer of Vince Foster

13. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Tsk Tsk tsk tsk tsk.

I read the Wall St. Journal

You read Juan Cole, thinking his web site is the place to go to know what's going on in Iraq, even though (a) he's never been there and (b) his Arabic apparently is quite weak.

There you have it. I get on my knees every day and thank God I am not you.

14. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Look, you're obviously a good lawyer and a smart guy, but in the end some things are very very simple.

Again, I say it again, a man of Scooter's sophistication isn't going to lie just for the helluva it.

He's got to have a REASON. If there's no reason, then what?

15. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Karl, guess what? I read the WSJ, too. Except for the opinion pages - which are on a par with the NY Post - It is one of the three or four best NEWS papers in America.

And let us both give thanks that you are not me, and vice versa.

16. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yossarian cites a specific case, SuperGenius knows better. What a surprise.

17. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    3 entries found for obfuscation.
    ob·fus·cate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bf-skt, b-fskt)
    tr.v. ob·fus·cat·ed, ob·fus·cat·ing, ob·fus·cates
    To make so confused or opaque as to be difficult to perceive or understand: “A great effort was made... to obscure or obfuscate the truth” (Robert Conquest).
    To render indistinct or dim; darken: The fog obfuscated the shore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Latin obfuscre, obfusct-, to darken : ob-, over; see ob- + fuscre, to darken (from fuscus, dark).]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    obfus·cation n.
    ob·fusca·tory (b-fsk-tôr, -tr, b-) adj.

Rove called again to testify on leak

18. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    I don't know whether Cole has been to Iraq (at least during the war), but he apparently speaks Arabic quite well--in fact, he knows three different dialects of it. He lived in the middle east for several years. The accusation that he doesn't speak it well was because, during an interview on some Arab television station, he switched to English because he couldn't make clear the nuance of a particular academic argument in Arabic.

The WSJ is fantastic, of course, with the qualification that the op/ed page is for sucks. The news section of the WSJ is to the editorial section as Sleater Kinney is to, say, Steely Dan.

19. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Re: Rove testifying again

Hmmm...are we making a prediction here?

Though if you are predicting that you are blinded by Bush Derangement Syndrome, far be it from me to contest that.

Basically, all Fitzboy did was in this re-call of Rove was to re-focus on the Cooper conversation. This was the conversation that Rove later admitted happened.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,193207,00.html

20. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Rove is taking Libby's "why would I lie" defense one step further.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/26/AR2006042600849.html?sub=AR

21. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

Karl, I am absolutely delighted that you replied in a civil way.

I don't know what is gonna happen, but ploy #1, the argument that Fitz had too much power has failed. Judge Won't Dismiss Case Against Libby . The damage against Libby has already been substantial, he stepped down. I'm content to follow it and see where it ends. Its obviously quite serious and yes my palms are getting sweaty that Rove may be next. You don't get called in 5 times for nothing. Certainly he may skate, but I'm hoping Fitz takes him out shortly, before the mid terms.

Fitzgerald Will Seek New White House Indictments
    aha! And who could it be?????
    And for what???
    I think I am right in speculating that the White House is distancing themselves from Rove, but aren't cutting the embilical cord just yet.

Time will tell. According to the Scoop, we'll know just in time for Memorial Day weekend.... think I'll roast a pig.

22. Dan Loney

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
  23. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

oooh, I must be having a wet dream.

Target Letter Drives Rove Back to Grand Jury

24. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

He'll throw himself on the grenade and Bush will pardon him. However, this could scuttle the mid terms for the REEPS and that would be a just delightful.

Tradesports

GOP Control of the Senate 79.1 bid 79.4 offer
    GOP Control of the House 55 bid 56 offer

2008 Pres.
    Dems 48.8 X 49.1
    Reps 48.2 X 49.4