Latest Libby Filings...strategy's clearer, could spell trouble for Fitzboy

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Karl K, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    The feeble, pathetic ass covering of Karl Keller.

Here's how it works.

Karl 'The Giant Brain' Keller posts a screed wherein he posits some theory designed to prove everything about Chimpy and his minions is absolutely pristine while insulting the supposed enemies of Chimpy. The screed meanders on and on, for many words and paragraphs, with large amounts of copying and pasting (which take up the heavy lifting of thinking in said theory), saying the same thing over and over again, insulting everyone who doesn't agree, over and over again.

Then, just before the end of said screed there's the usual one or two sentence qualifier wherein he declares that "Of course, none of this may happen." This conveniently covers him of ever having to go on the record so when his screed is shown to be bullshit, he can point to two sentence qualifier.

This isn't posting, it isn't writing, it isn't argument, it isn't discourse; what it is is feeble, pathetic ass covering. And a pathological desire to be always right while excoriating those who don't agree.

"I'm saying you're all moonbats, unless of course you're not, in which case I'm right either way." :rolleyes:

(Apologies for the image of Karl trying feebly to cover his ass, btw.)

2. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Speaking of stupid, how's that analogy comparing Bush to Nixon. Any word on that?

3. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago

Cut a deal? You gotta be joking.

Look, I know it's hard for you guys, but it's very simple, really. Even you can understand it.

Fitzgerald contends that Libby lied because he was afraid to lose his job for leaking Plame's name. That is...ahem...a MOTIVE. You've heard of the concept of a "motive" haven't you.

In case you missed this in school, a motive is the reason you commit a crime.

But if the motive isn't there, because everybody KNEW about Val Gal, what, then, has prompted the crime? WHAT??

Oh, by the way, did you EVER listen to the Fitzboy's press conference? Throught the entire soliloquy by Fitz, the moonbat meme of "Bushco outed super-secret CIA agent Val Gal" was a subtext--heck, he was hitting us over the head with it like a 2 by 4. Perjury and OOJ were simply convenient wedges to address the REAL issue -- that, you know, Libby lied because, well, he was afraid of being found out that he outed an undercover agent.

But if he had no reason to be afraid, because here status WASN'T at all covert, what is this whole brouhaha about?

It's about fcuking nothing at all. NADA ZIP. ZILCH.

"And YOU," say the jurors for this trial will ask of Fitzboy, "YOU want US to throw a guy in the slammer over something that, in the end, is NOTHING? Is that what you want us to do?"

Yep. Nothing. In other word's what between the ears of many on this board.

4. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Do you have a single shred of anything to show that ANYBODY, let alone everybody, knew of Valerie Plame's identity BEFORE Joe Wilson's op-ed? If so link it here; if not STFU........

5. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Here ya go.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110007488

Read this, and then YOU STFU because you have nothing of interest to say in this matter, or anything else.

6. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Talking Point That Wouldn't Die.

7. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fitzgerald's speculations as to motive notwithstanding......you do realize that motive is not an element that has to be proven to secure a perjury conviction, right? Sure, sometimes it helps a prosecutor in convincing a jury but it's not an element.

8. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    No Karl, your usual bullshit. As ever and as always.

All you have done is reference two journalists who were wise after the event. Joe Wilson's op-ed was published on Sunday, July 6, 2003. Find me a single reference to Valerie Plame Wilson BEFORE that date. Not AFTER. BEFORE. Your wonderful little link is dated Tuesday, November 1, 2005. That's 18 months after.

As I asked, show or find me a single reference to Valerie Plame Wilson's covert position before Sunday, July 6, 2003. And I don't want some journalist(s) who were oh-so-wise 18 months later.

Link please or STFU........

9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it hard, or simple? Please explain.

Sure about that, Kemosabe?

You're apparently unaware of the latest Murray Waas. Or Fitzboy's own filings.

You still on this? Shouldn't you be out proving Saddam was behind 9/11 or something.

I know you are but what am I.

10. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Crimes don't need to have a motive. Crimes are easier to prove if they have motive. There's no necessity for a motive in manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide. If Scooter lied, what his motive was for lying might be relevant to a larger investigation. Its not to the lying. Perjury is perjury, obstruction is obstruction.
    P.S. Only $500 an hour? Where did Scotter find such losers?

11. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Maybe we should ask whichever blog he's cutting and pasting all this from.

12. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, K-Bat: the presence of a motive is not a requirement to convict.

13. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    It had better be compelling; its a motion to compel discovery.

14. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    The strategy of the defense is graymail.

15. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    ROTFLMFAO. :D :p

Ah, lawyer humor.

16. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Crimes don't need a motive?

Even if you lie because you simply just feel like it at the time, THAT'S your motive.

You think a man of Scooter's education and sophistication lies because, well, it just strikes his fancy to do so at the time?

Yeah, right.

17. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    The talking point that's blatantly obvious to anybody with half a brain.

And, perhaps, the talking point that will get Scooter off.

NOTE: This is NOT a predicition. Just a possibility.

18. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    So that's how it works then? Attack those who don't agree with you and then mealy-mouthedly cover your ass by declaring that what you say may not happen. :rolleyes: Weasel.

19. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I'm reclessly driving a car and I hit and kill someone I've just committed manslaughter and that's a crime. However, there was no motive behind the crime.

20. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see you've realized that your predictions tend to fail miserably and you don't want to jinx this case, huh?

21. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Oh, stick a sock in it. Of all the moonbats on the board, you're winning the race as the dumbest.

Sidey and Mitchell were talking about Plame's identity as a CIA employee as common knowledge. The knew about it BEFORE Novak published the article, which started this whole brouhaha. THAT'S the only timing that matters, but you're too dumb to understand that.

Simple as that.

By the way, why do you think Libby's lawyers want access to all the CIA documents, the DOJ's referral, and want to subpoena all these reporters?

Why, you twit, it is to SHOW that her status was not at all covert.

It continues to astonish me how all of you simply cannot grasp these absolutely simple concepts.

22. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, dude, he's a Republican!

23. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    What if the motive was purely obedience to his hierarchy?
    Maybe he was just being a Good German.

In the end do you think he will go to his doom blessing Capitan Vere?

24. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because David Copperfield wouldn't reveal the secrets to his tricks and they need something to divert attention from the facts?

25. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    So this is an admission from you that you have nothing that references Valerie Plame Wilson's covert status from before Sunday, July 6, 2003 then? I mean you keep telling us that EVERYONE knew of said status, yet you are completely, absolutely and totally incapable of finding a single reference to her status prior to that date. Well, that's just about as much as I expected.

Now, I don't suppose there's any chance that you'd complete the second part of the request and STFU?