Latest keeper stuff

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by dwinkler, Aug 28, 2002.

1. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
  2. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
  3. kygunner

kygunner New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Winchester KY USA
    Sebastian Saja of San Lorenzo in the Argetinian League, in talks with the Gunners. You know you watch too much soccer when you say, I watched this guy against Boca Juniors and was impressed. He gave up a couple but it was his defense. Hes quick, with great reflexes. Max Bretos on FSW seemed to think alot of clubs were after him.

4. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    We'd expect nothing less from the ArseAm chief scout.

5. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    A Swedish Gunner says Swedish Channel4 are reporting that Rami Shaaban has signed a 2-year deal with Arsenal.

6. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
  7. LeperKhan

LeperKhan New Member

Aug 10, 2000
    St. Paul, MN
    Sounds like he wants to come, but the deal isn't finalized as yet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/africans_abroad/2223665.stm

"I was in London yesterday and I signed a two-year contract with Arsenal," Shaaban revealed.

"However I don't want to be over-optimistic since the financial matters are not settled yet. It is between the two clubs now."

Interesting also that he was born in Sweden to English and Egyptian parents and might play internationally for either Sweden or Egypt in the relatively near future.

8. kygunner

kygunner New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Winchester KY USA
    HMMMMM....Play for Sweden or Egypt. Thats a tough one.

9. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The answer's Egypt, right? :p

10. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rami Shabaan (Shaw-bahn) - I heard it mispronounced by everyone on Sky...

The Swedish national team are looking into Rami now. He's a great keeper, but is a bit unfortunate to not be the No.1 keeper at Djurgården. The No.1 job belongs to Andreas Isaksson who was involved with Sweden in the world cup. I heard what Rami said and it seems to me like Arsenal have offered him a 2-year deal and he is just waiting for Arsenal and Djurgården to agree a fee. That fee is rumoured to be about £600,000. That's good money for Djurgården who did not have to pay much for him as he moved there from Nacka who is in Division 2 in Sweden almost 3 seasons ago.

I've seen Rami play many many times so if you have any questions about him, post them here and I'll be more than happy to answer them.

11. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You now have Rami, its official, he's been signed for an undisclosed fee.

He's a quality keeper, there is no doubt about that.

12. kygunner

kygunner New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Winchester KY USA
    Is this a guy that can come in and take over for Seaman in one year?

13. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rami is a keeper with good controll of the box and he can organize his defence well. The fact that he speaks fluent english (like most swedish people) will definatly help him as well. He has always done well in pressure matches, and kept a clean sheet in a 3-0 win over AIK a few weeks ago. AIK are Djurgården's biggest hate-rivals and Djurgården haven't beaten them in 7 years.

So basicly, he's a good stopper in every category and can preform in big matches (that is the biggest match in the country)

I think it possible he could take over for seaman in a year, but not really likely. Really depends on how much of a chance he gets to play this season. Can't wait for the league cup so I can see him play.

14. calcioplaya

calcioplaya New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    His heart is with egypt... go to www.egyptianplayers.com to see latest news on him. Its quite disappointing that the egyptian coaches didnt pick him up sooner but he has been called up to play after the madagascar match. egypt is not as bad as yall think, i mean they do got Mido the next big star.

15. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks for the info. Splargy!

16. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Our Uruguayan "Keeper for the Week" has just signed for Standard Liege of Belgium. Apparently first team football there is more attractive than being at Arsenal?!?!

17. Ian Lozada

Ian Lozada Member

May 29, 2001
    The Pick Four Pool
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/020904/21/d8tbp.html

But not so much that some loyal servants of the team will cross London to get it.

18. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: Re: Latest keeper stuff

Interesting it says Grim is looking at playing in the US.

19. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence