Latest info...

Discussion in 'Oklahoma' started by Wallydrag, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Wallydrag

Wallydrag BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 24, 2002
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got an email form Francisco Ojeda (writer at The Oklahoman who's been cover the MLS bid). This is what he wrote:

Well, let's get cracking with the emails to Express Sports and Roger Webb.

Email these people. Express to them not only why soccer will work here but also that (especially to the Express Sports guys) that Salt Lake City, a city very similar to OKC, was able to put up the money and get a team. If they can do it, so can we and we should!

Brad Lund - CEO Express Sports - blund@okcblazers.com

DeBray Ayala - VP Sales & Market, soccer guy - dayala@okcblazers.com

UCO Pres Roger Webb - Webb@ucok.edu

2. redstriker

redstriker New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    This would be an excellent event to turn out in numbers for, asking questions about mls in ok:

http://www.okcbusiness.com/news/news_view.asp?newsid=4377

"The Business of Sports in Okahoma City

The sports industry in Oklahoma City serves not only as an excellent entertainment option, but also has a significant impact on the city's economy. Sporting events attract visitors and bring recognition to Oklahoma City. Join us for the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber's August luncheon to hear a panel discussion on the Business of Sports in Oklahoma City.

The panel will include: Scott Pruitt, Oklahoma RedHawks; Bill Plummer, National Softball Hall of Fame and Museum; Brad Lund, Express Sports; and Tim Brassfield, Oklahoma City All Sports Association.

The Chamber luncheon will be held Thursday, August 19 from 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. at OSU-OKC, 900 N. Portland, Student Center, 3rd Floor. Cost to attend is $12 for Chamber members with reservations or $20 at the door and $20 in advance for non-members or $25 at the door. Register online at www.okcchamber.com or contact 290.7076.

The August luncheon is sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma."

3. Wallydrag

Jul 24, 2002
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just about to come here and post info about this. Good job redstriker

4. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd keep hacking at the Wizards and/or FC Dallas to keep having friendlies up there in Edmonton...(I KNOW it's edmond...a little NE Okla. jab) That couldn't hurt.

5. Wallydrag

Jul 24, 2002
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they keep having exhibitions here. I would prefer to see either KC or Dallas against a team like LA, Metrostars, or DCU.

6. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dallas hates everyone...and I love making a trip to the Cleveland of the South.