Later is USA, October 12th -friendly

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Werdman89, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just another heads up, related to the full nats:
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2010/08/usa_friendlies_coming_together.html

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    new report claims some negotiations for that match in 'dia de la raza'

3. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    hopefully it's in new jersey!

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    ya fuiste alos juegos de JPA y sus red bulls?
    manana en TV para todo el pais el estadio que costo esa billonada, debe de ser una nota.

5. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    I'm supposed to go with friends or my dad sometime soon, and I might watch the USA v. Brazil game tonight. It depends if I have time.

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I doubt the US will play colombia, as they like playing good teams or play teams to keep their fifa ranking

7. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    Ojala que si juguemos contra USA, pero bolillo es inteligente y ni por el p...tas juega ese partido... a el le gustan equipos como haiti, jamaica, trinidad, guatemala, etc... imaginese La Postobon All Stars contra USA... un equipo que si le gusta ... como se dice en espanhol "challenge themselves"? Perdemos, y es una critica a favor de mi filosofia de que en todos esos partidos no se hizo un COMINO, por que igual esa no es la seleccion! Esta payasada de convocatoria que se de el lujo de hacerlo brazil y equipos grandes, con ligas que tienen ranking internacional e intercontinental. Nosotros no vamos a un mundial hace 12 anhos, nuestro futbol local, no hace nada a nivel continental. Esto es un trabajo deshonesto por parte de la federacion, el bolillo y su parcerito maturana que seguro anda en un zafari todavia. Si mucho de todo ese equipo llevaran a Dayro y a Choronta.

8. cms79

cms79 Member

Nov 25, 1998
    NYC
    Club:
    Nacional de Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I know you posted this before the Brazil game, and after watching that game it only reinforces what i already thought. The US team plays with lots of heart but has little to no skilled players and it was exposed against Brazil in that game. So i don't really see them playing that many more good teams anytime soon, therefore a Colombia vs USA match up wouldn't be that surprising.

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    US has crap defenders and strikers

they have world class goalies and a very good midfield Bradley, Donavon and Dempsey are all class.

but have next to no strikers. Jozy is beast but can only score by charging his way into goal

10. jinks

jinks New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    London, England
    lol at charging into goal.

Colombia went from having no internationals to complete overload.

Supposedly we playing Guatemala 04 Sep.
    08 Sep Mexico TRIANGULAR BICENTENARIO
    ?? Sep Uruguay TRIANGULAR BICENTENARIO
    12 Oct USA
    Then Ecuador and then someone else.

We cant complain though.

11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I will if we don't score a goal in those 4 games

12. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like it'll be in NY:
    http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2010/08/fifacom-usacolombia-in-new-york-on-oct-12th.html

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sweet getting tickets for that game and maybe the Ecuador game as well but def the US vs Colombia one

14. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, it looks like the story's been updated:

15. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    I wonder what colors will you wear in october 12?

16. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    not new york! that succccks! I was ready for it! :(

17. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    eso no es oficial!!

espere a ver que pasa al final del dia y busque la info oficial en www.colfutbol.org

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yellow but as I said before ..... if we DONT WIN I am going Red White and Blue.... dropping the yellow

It has really gotten to a point where there really is no point in supporting our NT any more when the US is better or hell at least trying to get better while Colombians still wait for 1994 part 2 and hope that with everything from 1994 to happen again we can make it to a world cup...

US on the other hand has a 20 year plan to win one in place

I don't mind us not being the best team in the World but the comformity of the Colombian mindset has really hit my last nerve.

I am giving Bolillo till October 12th, after that I can really care less about the NT in all levels:D

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    y si existe empate en NY?

lo del plan de us soccer....for 20 years, was said 16 yrs ago, is time to move on and get a real coach to begin with! Or you have the same patiente with them?

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They want to GET BETTER WE DON"T !!!!

We want 1994 Part 2.... to get to the World Cup and get laughed at out it again... Instead of getting new coaches what do we do !! WE GO BACK 20 YEARS TO BRING THEM BACK !!!!

WHen we were about to sign Bielsa we backed out because of money. Our fed tells us we are getting a great coach to replace Rueda and we have gotten 3 crappy Colombian coachs since when we were promised foriegn ones.

As for Bob Bradley.... what do you want from the guy when the superstar of his team is Landon Donvan who isn't very good. It is not like he has players in top leagues in Europe. He is wanted in Aston Villa, what Colombian coach is wanted in a top 3 league? In a top 6 team? I'd kill to have Bradley coach Colombia

I want a serious team, the Colombian League isn't serious nor is the NT. People blame it on players having no heart and I think that is BS.

Difference between Colombia and USA. Americans want to be the best at everything every time and get mad that they are not, Colombians are happy being 5th best in our Continent of only 10 other teams/13 other countries.

21. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    lo anterior es tu opinion y la venis repitiendo hace 3 meses

estas en tu derecho- yo no estoy de acuerdo, especialmente in the last paragraph, not even 10% or less of futbol savy colombians will say that!

as for Colombia part II...from 1994: there is no WAY in hell.....this process looks alike, all players and roles are different
    is a 4-4-2......but the wingers of today are not near the fast speed and precise one pass touch that we used to have (you were 8 yrs - then David!:eek:)

can not blame you for that tho

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I believe that Colombian are comformist I remember how everyone was saying how great Vargas was in the 1-0 lose to Argentina and 0-0 tie to Brazil

We celebrate TIES !!!!!!!!!!!!

I rather lose 2 games 5-0 and win 1 game 1-0 because you know what at least we are winning. I am tired of all these ties, and the only way we try to score is by PKS

23. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

very good points. on paper, and i stress the phrase "on paper" - we have a team, or better put, a potential team that can rival Paraguay, Chile and Uruguay - but in reality these 3 teams have owned us and outright embarrassed us for one reason or another over the past several years.

shocking....hopefully the federacion will wake up as will the players....

24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The fed won't its is a mafia that these guys still have jobs.... all of them

How many times can Maturana fail !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bedoya has said it 2x if we fail to qualify everyone's heads will role..... WE DIDN'T qualify. HOW DOES HE HAVE A JOB !!!

Everything is blamed on the players for not feeling the jersey, for it being to heavy (how?? what have we won?) or the coach (Rueda was robbed)..... what about those in charge?

25. The Urban Legend

The Urban Legend New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really hope the game is somewhere in Southern California so I can go. I went to the USA-Colombia game in Fullerton a few years ago when the USA with a lot of young players destroyed Colombia 3-0. Back then I only went for Colombia but now I am a much bigger USA fan so don't know who I would support.