Last min wheeling and dealings!!! Jan Gossip Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by chanman83, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Why?

2. YiddoInAkron

YiddoInAkron Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Choosing to play for Italy instead of the country where he was born and raised right here in the United States.

3. chanman83

chanman83 Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sweet I'm not the only one who calls him a that too.

4. alexspepa

alexspepa Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    come on...his parents are Italian and he moved to Italy at age 12; of course he chose Italy over the US.

I guess Dooley was a traitor to Germany, and any other foreign born player contemplating playing for the US is also a traitor to their country?

1 person likes this.
  5. AudereEstFacere

Aug 11, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry. No excuse. He's a dick. He could've been a legend for the U.S. Instead he can't even make Italy's 23 man squad.

6. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Up until recently we have been pretty shit and had some lucky bounces in the world cup. We did really well at the other tourney though.

7. tomas_brolin

tomas_brolin Member

Jan 27, 2004
    Geneva, IL
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    in theory yes. but his dad was in the army, so he probably had dual citizenship. but i do agree with the real point you were going at.

other "traitors" who played for usa are: adu, feilhaber, jones, ramos, regis, wegerle, stewart, llamosa, mastroeni, holden... that i could think of now.. there are plenty more...

8. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmqupyV6kgY&feature=related"]YouTube - Usa 1-1 Italy Goal Rossi !!!!New!!! ~~HQfootball0910~~[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  9. AudereEstFacere

Aug 11, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the main difference between Rossi and those guys... they weren't ever asked to play for their birth-countries. Feilhaber would've never been asked to play for Brazil, plus he moved here when he was 6. Adu was never asked to join Ghana and moved here when he was 8. Same for Holden.

The closest thing to Rossi would be between two other traitors: Neven Subotic, who played for the U.S. at the youth level but chose to play for Serbia. However, not only were both his parents Serbs, but he only lived in the U.S. for like 5 years from 11-16. Or, most similarly, Vedad Ibsivec who moved to the U.S. when he was 15, played high school here, played for SLU in the NCAA, and was offered a spot on the USMNT but decided to wait and see if Bosnia & Herzegovina would give him the call up. He's made a lot of appearances for B&H, but now they play Edin Dzeko as a lone striker up top.

What I'm trying to get at, is that Rossi is a guido douche.

10. SoccerKowboy

SoccerKowboy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as we're reliving bad memories...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCbhOhezZNs"]YouTube - usa goal vs england 2010 world cup[/ame]
    :p

11. SoccerKowboy

SoccerKowboy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW Rossi scored two goals in that game against the US. In his other 17 full international matches? 1 goal.

12. freetyler

freetyler New Member

May 30, 2008
    the Rossi traitor story never made much sense to me. At the time of the decision Rossi had only played for Italian national teams under 16-21 national teams and the US team was mediocre at best. Once the Italian team won the world cup the decision becomes a no brainer.
    He played his entire career in Italy and how much loyalty can you seriously have to a country when you're thirteen. To be a traitor you have to at least feign some sort of loyalty at some point. At no point did Rossi ever indicate an interest in playing for the US. He didn't even root for them when they hosted the tournament rooting instead for the Italians "They were my team," Giuseppe says. "My childhood heroes." (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-...tory-world-cup-just-not-us?cc=3888&ver=global)
    It's fun story that AMericans like to care about but I think traitor is too strong

1 person likes this.
  13. AudereEstFacere

Aug 11, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If by "entire career" you mean 4 1/2 years since the age of 13, then yes. He has spent his entire career in Italy. Nevermind the two spent in England or three and a half in Spain.

And, in order to be a traitor, I don't think you have to feign loyalty. The fact that he never supported the USMNT, as an American, shows just how big of a douche he is.

The very article you shared a link to states that the U.S. was the first nation to give him a chance at the international level. Despite being invited to and joining a u-14 US camp, Rossi turned his back on us and joined Italy.

He can say whatever he wants about being American off the field, but he'll always be Judas to me.

14. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Life is too short to lose sleep over douchebags like this.

Except for Sol Campbell, of course. :)

15. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Its interesting to see all this hatred for Rossi..Reminds me of Joe Simunic and all the hatred aussies have for him for choosing Croatia over Australia..I dont really have a problem with a person choosing there nationality then there birth country..Its the guys who have no real affiliation with a country then decide to play for that country..There are many brazilians playing in other national teams including one for my country..

1 person likes this.
  16. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Yeah that sucks. Like Owen Hargreaves for England.

17. chanman83

chanman83 Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IIRC there a Brazilan playing for Germany right? The only time besides rossi per say that I screamed traitor was when Becky Hammon did it for women's bball for the olympics. It was so selfish of her because she didn't make national team for women so joined with Russia on some stupid loop hole.

18. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Ye the striker Cacau..I dont think Germany will call him anymore though as they have younger better players..I remember in the last Euros Poland got some brazilian natuarlized after playing 6 months in the country..Freakin ridiculous how fifa allows this..